Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out With the Old--In With the New!

20 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

Hail! My new capris,

Your sassy fit delights me

At my present size.

Love!!!!! We demand piccys!!!! :D :D :D

12 hours ago, birdynz said:

Haiku to weight loss

Hail! When I look down

My baggy thighs delight me

My muscle shows through!

We also demand piccys of your baggy muscular thighs! :D :D :D

13 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

We also demand piccys of your baggy muscular thighs! :D :D :D

Not bloody likely!! How could I maintain my anonymity when I acquiesce as you start demanding piccys body-part by body-part!

Are people commenting on your weight loss? I had four people tell me I looked ‘healthy’ yesterday. I wondered if this is a thing - you say healthy instead of thinner, so as to not offend.

One guy added I looked really hot, and giggled, which was sweet (in a room full of people - nothing inappropriate.....) 😁😏

One more thing @FluffyChix

Your low carb diet. Tell me more? Are you aiming for under 50g carbs (total) or under 50g sugars (short chain)? Myfitnesspal food tracker gives you both figures. I try and stay under 50g carbs, and 7nder 20g sugar, but I get no ketone breath so think I am not in ketosis...

Also, was just reading a great article on the BBC news app about the neurological link between low sugar/hunger and rage/irritability - being hangry. Basically being low sugar and being hangry are linked through brain neuropeptide receptor mechanisms - which is interesting because since the RNY, I think I am more irritatable.

I really notice it at work with one of my (badly behaved, nasty, bullying) board of governors. I have always been able to bite my tongue but at the moment, I am finding it harder - even snapped at him a couple of times. Do you (my resident low carb expert) get this??

9 hours ago, birdynz said:

Not bloody likely!! How could I maintain my anonymity when I acquiesce as you start demanding piccys body-part by body-part!

Are people commenting on your weight loss? I had four people tell me I looked ‘healthy’ yesterday. I wondered if this is a thing - you say healthy instead of thinner, so as to not offend.

One guy added I looked really hot, and giggled, which was sweet (in a room full of people - nothing inappropriate.....) 😁😏

LOVE this! :) So what did you say when the guy said that in the full room? Were you embarrassed or did you own it? Oh, I "get" anonymity! ;) Ok, we'll let you slide on pics of the body parts ROFLMAO!

My sissies and niece who are super supportive keep calling me skinny minny and the incredible shrinking woman. They tell me how proud they are of me. But no one else has commented until yesterday. My PCP came in and apologized for entering the wrong room. He said he didn't recognize me until he looked down at my chart. LOL. That felt good!

4 hours ago, birdynz said:

Your low carb diet. Tell me more? Are you aiming for under 50g carbs (total) or under 50g sugars (short chain)? Myfitnesspal food tracker gives you both figures. I try and stay under 50g carbs, and 7nder 20g sugar, but I get no ketone breath so think I am not in ketosis...

Also, was just reading a great article on the BBC news app about the neurological link between low sugar/hunger and rage/irritability - being hangry. Basically being low sugar and being hangry are linked through brain neuropeptide receptor mechanisms - which is interesting because since the RNY, I think I am more irritatable.

I really notice it at work with one of my (badly behaved, nasty, bullying) board of governors. I have always been able to bite my tongue but at the moment, I am finding it harder - even snapped at him a couple of times. Do you (my resident low carb expert) get this??

So I'm loosely letting my whole carbs fall somewhere between 30 and 40g right now. They net out to anywhere from about 20g net to 30g net. I'm not averse to pushing them up to 60g per day total carbs. I don't want to add a lot of sugar into my life even in the form of naturally occurring ones because I feel better without them.

I'm definitely still in ketosis. My sugars are generally falling less than 15g total for the day. I don't know the study. Will have to look it up. But my question would be whether the study is a good one. Are they using newly ketogenic peeps? Or are they using people who've been Keto adapted for a long time? It can take up to 3-6months of continual keto to become completely keto adapted. And the brain chemistry and body chemistry of those folks is completely different than in other folks specifically because the amounts and types of different ketones circulating. Brains actually run preferentially and "better" on ketones rather than glucose as fuel--or so MANY studies support. A brain is either going to be a sugar burner or a fat burner. If it's a sugar burner, it has the BARE minimum need of about 60g of carbs per day baseline. If it's a completely adapted fat burner, it has theoretically, unlimited supply of the specific ketones it needs to run very precisely. Any sugars needed to maintain the body are adequately provided for by gluconeogenesis that comes from dietary Protein (in the presence of adequate protein intake) or in breaking down muscle in the absense of adequate dietary protein. A ketogenic diet is actually a muscle-sparing diet.

But, I do believe that we as post ops are suffering silent lows, or even lower than our usual bgs due to small volume of food and small amounts of carbs in general. I am terribly flash irritable. Not grumpy all day. But little things make me flash. That has gotten better this week--extremely so--since I upped my calories to between 700-800. So that's why I'm thinking it's low bgs. My lowest readings have historically been in the late afternoon. And that is when I have the greatest propensity towards hanger. :D Otherwise, I'm pretty mellow really.

I'm running with scissors and threw caution to the wind today. I made a spinach mushroom omelette using a REAL egg this and full fat whole milk Tillamook Cheddar cheese. It has 224 cals; 16g protein; 16g fat; and 2g of carbs in it. LOL.

The world might end...buy life insurance.

(But boy howdy was it tasty!)

Oh, AND, last night I wore capris and a sleeveless tight knit shell "sweater" to the game. My ass fit in the chair comfortably (but a little "close") and I felt "normal." It was the first time in 20 years I've bared my arms in public--especially my lymphedema arm! :blink:

OH! And I forgot to mention, we were picking up our tix and free t-shirts and they asked what size for the shirt. When I hesitated, they handed me a size large and I held it up and they grinned and nodded that it was the size I needed. :) I haven't tried it on yet, but will today just for grins.

I used to wear a size 4x. :D And now a large? Inconceivable! ;) (Ha! Holy cow! I just put it on and it fits PERFECTLY! A little tight on my hips yet, but that will go soon. And I usually tuck stuff like that in anyway, so less bulk around my bootay!!! On Cloud 9!)

Edited by FluffyChix

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:12 AM, FluffyChix said:

What Am I Eating Today - New Goals 700-850 cal/74g protein/30g carb goal working toward 800-1000cals/day - End of Week 8

So I thought I'd jump on and share that the RD did indeed go a little ape-**** on me for only eating 550cals and 65g prot. She said the Protein wasn't the issue but at that low calorie level I wasn't possibly meeting my nutritional needs and Vitamins are not food. *le sigh*.

Back on after too long away and catching up. I was really happy to read your RD saying this. At 3 months out, my RD told me that I was eating too many calories (averaging 700)! She thought I should be 600 or less. I couldn't believe it! I've continued to average 700 and am now feeling pretty justified after reading your post.

Keep rockin' Fluffer! You look great!

@Miss Topaz We talked about this very thing! She's like me up at 800-1000 range! :blink: But your RD was one reason I was trying to keep it down around 500. I'm a month less than you! So I was afraid of "if I eat this much now, what will it mean for later" and she said, it just doesn't work out that way. So I chose to believe her!

I'm glad you're doing 700! I actually find it a little challenging to hit 700. I hit upper 6's pretty easily though, so I do throw in a few g of almonds, or avocado, etc. You know?

HUGS! And so glad you're back. I've missed you like cray!!!

5 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

@Miss Topaz We talked about this very thing! She's like me up at 800-1000 range! :blink: But your RD was one reason I was trying to keep it down around 500. I'm a month less than you! So I was afraid of "if I eat this much now, what will it mean for later" and she said, it just doesn't work out that way. So I chose to believe her!

I'm glad you're doing 700! I actually find it a little challenging to hit 700. I hit upper 6's pretty easily though, so I do throw in a few g of almonds, or avocado, etc. You know?

HUGS! And so glad you're back. I've missed you like cray!!!

I've been trying to do less computer time in the evenings, but I missed you gals for support! I think it's as important as exercise for success in this!

Wore shorts and a red and white micro-stripe t-shirt for the first time in 20 years IN PUBLIC! We ran errands, went to our little wine bar and sat on the front porch and people watched. I had iced tea (gallons of it) and he had wine. Shared a Caprese salad, then had a garden salad with a couple bites of his burger and cheese (sans bun) for dinner and I called it a day.

The young whipper snapper serving us said, "I really like your outfit! It's so in style and what all the young people are wearing. He liked my messy bun and the total vibe of it. LOL. First time EVS that has happened to me. I felt like a totally normal size even though I know at 5'4" and 192.6 lbs I'm not "normal" size--it was a beginning of reorganizing how I frame myself in my mind!

I feel like I've turned a corner. This morning, I might go try to walk by myself for the first time in the Nature Preserve Park near us. :D

This is truly a weekend of firsts! Forgot to mention, we also walked at the Train Park and Town Square last evening too and watched the sun set.

This morning I just got back from walking in the nature preserve by our house. There's a beautiful "lake" and lots of bike and hike trails. Perfect sunny weather. Wore shorts and sleeveless tee with sports bra underneath (cuz the tee is 3x and miles too big--but it made a great over-shirt)! Now am back and making brunch.

Oh and FYI!

English Breakfast Tea and Peaches and Cream Premier Protein Drink are PHENOMENAL together! Makes a light and beautiful morning alternative to coffee--lighter feeling!

Edited by FluffyChix

Ode To Egg White McMuffinless Breakfast Sandwich

Light fluffy pillows

You captivate my senses

Going down my throat!

Ok by now you guys are probably tired of me harping on my mcmuffinless breakfast sammys but each time I find a new variation--I'm just smitten. They take less than 5 minutes to throw together--start to finish--including washing your hands!

The egg is so tender and flavorful. It releases easily from the 4oz ramekin without a bunch of mess. It doesn't take any oil. And they beat the egg puffs you cook in the oven cuz they aren't tuff and don't stick to the pan! And they're so quick you make them to order rather than doing an elaborate concoction. Plus I know the exact composition of this precise egg bite, rather than having more ham in one or more cheese in another. And I can decide how "big" my egg is, cuz I'm just using the Real Egg Whites (HEB)--it's only egg whites, nothin' else.

I've come up with some different variations to flavor the whites:

14g salsa verde

14g red salsa

14g marinara

1 tbsp Taco Bell mild sauce

1 tbsp Tostito's Spinach Dip

granulated garlic, chive, parsely

rosemary, granulated garlic

I could go on and on for days!!!

I use 75g of Egg Whites (1.5servings)

Then I just cover ramekin with plastic wrap, Poke holes in the plastic with a knife, nuke it first for 30secs>>20secs>>15secs>>15secs>>10secs. Stop each time and let it sit for a second, then hit it again until done. Blot on a paper towel, split it and stuff it with what you want.

Sometimes I use a wedge of lite Laughing Cow. Sometimes I use Boar's Head Lacey Swiss (lite swiss cheese low sodium), sometimes cheddar, sometimes mozzarella. You get the drift. And I usually use a low fat, low cal, low carb slice of lunchmeat. Boar's Head hickory smoked turkey is my current fave cuz it's low sodium. You can also use turkey sausage patties though.

I usually put about 5g of greens. My fave is either spinach or super greens or arugula.

I serve it with 3 grape tomatoes (1/2oz) and I'm done.

Today I did: salsa verde egg puff with green salsa and granulated garlic, BH lacey swiss, BH hsturkey, 5g baby spinach and 3 grape tomatoes. Holy crap! It's great!

Nutritionals: 110 cals; 16g protein; 3g fat; 3g carbs; 0g fiber; 1g nat sugars

DEEEEEEELISSSH!!!! (sorry no piccys, it's in mah belleh!!!!)

Edited by FluffyChix

Sorry to keep bragging! Run away! Run away!

Today was the third time I had the courage to go walking by myself! (I went to the nature reserve Saturday, and walked the neighborhood Sunday.) Today I walked down to the neighborhood clubhouse and walked the greenbelt for 35 minutes. That's about 1 1/4 miles at my pace. That may not seem like much, but this is my off day from PT, so pain is high. Also, I have bad balance issues leftover from chemo, so I've pretty much been house bound since if I fall, I was unable to get up without help. I haven't tested it, but if I fell now, I could probably figure out a way to get up--it just wouldn't be pretty. LOL.

Also, I LOVE my tool! Came home and had lunch: 1 hardboiled egg, 1/4 of a leftover turkey lite cheese wrap, 1/2oz baby carrots and 1oz of grape tomatoes later and I'm pleasantly "complete" and filled up and am now on the 4th bottle of Water for the day! Yippee skippee!

:780_sparkling_heart: to all and hope y'all are having a great day!

(ppssssstttt - I also wore shorts again and a short sleeve overshirt with a sports bra. I'm determined to get some color on these pasty-ass white legs and arms! Tanned fat is happy-er fat you know. ;) )

9 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Tanned fat is happy-er fat you know. ;) )

That is practically my motto :D Carry on with your badass self!!