Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out With the Old--In With the New!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but as far as eggs go i’ve found the microwave to be the best post op egg cooker. I’m not usually a microwave cooker but the eggs in there come out super moist and soft as opposed to pan cooked where they are dryer and more dense. I make a small omelet just about every day. Spray a little non stick cooking spray in a small bowl and then add your egg concoction. I usually have 2 eggs, feta, spinach or broccoli topped w salsa and maybe guac if I’m feeling it.

5 minutes ago, Nessy76 said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but as far as eggs go i’ve found the microwave to be the best post op egg cooker. I’m not usually a microwave cooker but the eggs in there come out super moist and soft as opposed to pan cooked where they are dryer and more dense. I make a small omelet just about every day. Spray a little non stick cooking spray in a small bowl and then add your egg concoction. I usually have 2 eggs, feta, spinach or broccoli topped w salsa and maybe guac if I’m feeling it.

Oh great tips! And yummy sounding omelets! So how long and for what intervals do you cook it please?

Thanks!!!

@FluffyChix I was doing an Internet search to find the recipe for some low carb “opsie” Rolls I saw someone post about quite a while back and came across a website with some GREAT low carb recipes that, for various reasons, I thought might be you.

I won’t put the link here because it might break rules (?) but if it is, you are even more gifted in the recipe front that I realised! I am having the chilli chicken hot wings tonight - a few calories but low carb, and frankly I damned near stuffed myself last night (healthy egg and tempeh quiche, salads, relish, followed by fruit salad and yoghurt) and still didn’t touch 1000, so calories aren’t really my problem...

@Biddynz Fooled you, didn't I? :lol::395_shaved_ice::257_dromedary_camel: And your menu sounds pretty divine!

Edited by FluffyChix

It’ll be a great day for me.

Warm, autumn just starting but the sun is shining, I pee’d away a pound overnight and am no longer “obese” and I am walking on air!!

Ok, second recipe of the day. This really could be my favorite meal post op so far. I'm an egg salad girl. I decided I just couldn't deal with opening a can of chicken today. So I went with my classic egg salad. And I made low carb "cheeze itz" crackers. :)

So. Damn. Good!

Low Carb Cheeze Itz Crackers

Makes 2 servings - 8 crackers each

1 slice 2% Kraft Deli Deluxe cheese (the kind without individual wrappers)

Take a slice of 2% Kraft Deli Deluxe American and fold it in half. Then fold each half into 8 equal sized squares. Spread out the squares on a sheet of parchment paper (NOT waxed paper!). Nuke for 30 seconds. Open and check on them. Nuke another 10 seconds. Open and check for brown. If no tiny smidge of brown, keep nuking at 10second intervals until you barely start to see some golden. Remove and let them cool. Repeat with remaining 8 squares of cheese. Store crackers in an airtight container. These are great for egg or chicken salad or to make Ritz Bitz Peanut Butter Sandwiches.

Nutritionals per 1/2 slice=8 crackers: 30 calories; 2g protein; 2g fat; 0g carbs; 0g net carbs; 0g sugars

Fluffy's TNT Egg Salad (Phase 3 Soft Diet)

Makes 2 servings = 1/4c each (2oz by volume or 60ml)

1 large egg, hardboiled, peeled and grated

1/4c 2% cottage cheese (Daisy)

1 tbsp WF Chipotle mayo or Amazin' Mayo

1 tsp Dijon mustard

1 tsp Vlassic Dill Relish

1/8 tsp granulated garlic (Tones)

1/8 tsp dried parsley (optional)

1/8 tsp Kosher or sea salt

Mix everything together until well combined. Serve 1-2 oz per meal or snack. If necessary, you can blend this to puree it. It's great on Cheeze Itz (Low Carb) or on sliced veggies or red bell pepper strips later in Phase 4-raw veg stage.

Nutritionals (full recipe): 120 cals; 13g protein; 6g fat; 3g carbs; 0g fiber; 3g net carbs; 0g sugars

Nutritionals for 1/4 c = 2oz volume=60ml: 60 cals; 6.5g protein; 3g fat; 1.5g carbs; 0g fiber; 1.5g net carbs; 0g sugars

Attribution Note: Just to be very clear, I was not the genius that dreamed up these combinations or techniques of nuking Deli Deluxe cheese! The Cheeze Itz crackers are a long standing low carb secret that maybe God made up. Dunno. Just know it's G-O-O-D!!!!

The use of cottage cheese to replace some or all of the mayo in a meat or egg salad recipe comes from a WLS person from a forum which shall remain nameless. She uses Everything But the Bagel Spices in her's from Trader Joes. I am not cleared for minced spices and seeds yet, but when I am, you can bet your sweet bippy I'ma make my own version and use it liberally. That stuff is the shiznits! And the cottage cheese makes things creamy while adding great texture and Protein. Score!!!!

Edited by FluffyChix

Just now, frust8 said:

Could you add tuna to this also? Of course it sounds good on its own.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes. You can add tuna, chicken, or salmon. They are all great. I was just too lazy and tired out now to wrestle with what to do with the rest of the can of chicken.

Dayum. I'm so off on getting my meals in! Cuz I think I'm starting too late? Dunno.

But had a quick Protein snack and will eat dinner in a couple of hours (too late). But this tastes like semi-apple cobbler!

Apple Cobbler (Phase 3 Soft Foods)

Serves 1 (about 5oz)

57g Greek fat free yogurt (HEB)

56g 2% cottage cheese (Daisy)

1floz Premier Protein vanilla RTD

4drops liquid vanilla stevia (Vitacost)

35g unsweetened Granny Smith applesauce (Mott's)

1/8 tsp ground cinnamon

Stir everything together. Enjoy with moans and groans of goodness!

Nutritionals: 110calories; 15g protein; 1g fat; 8g carbs; 0g fiber; 7g natural sugars*

*Note: Most of our instructions say not to exceed 4g of sugars per serving. 2g from the cottage cheese, 2g from the plain Greek yogurt, and 3g from the natural sugars in the unsweetened applesauce. Use this recipe at your own risk!

Hope I don't dump from 7g of natural sugars!

Interesting recipes -- I'm def gonna try the crackers today.

Oh they're good! :D You can also split a piece of cheese into 4 and have saltine cracker size, or keep it whole for a slice of crunchy bread, or split into 8 for more of a wheat thins size. They turn roundish but meh, nbd.

Day 12 Post Op - 217.2lbs (-5.2lbs from Surgery Morning Weigh-in)

I am so blessed. I want to thank the Academy for the starring role in "Operation Fluffy." I couldn't do it without each one of ya! And I'd like to thank God, baby Jesus, and every member of my family who has said countless prayers on my behalf!

Cuz dang! I feel like a broken record, but I slept great last night. I woke up on top of the world with tons of energy, no pain, happiness, and a feeling of anticipation for the day! And dang, I recognize that not everyone shares in this type of recovery! I really have no pain. I stopped the last tiny pain pill, gabapentin, night before last. The only pain I have is by the end of the day, I have a burning stabbing pain at my back, from where I have muscle weakness from previous surgeries and arthritis. The new incision on my tum-tum is at the same axis point and is probably contributing to that burning. But hey, I just toss back a shot of sf liquid tylenol and watch some boob-tube (aka TV) in my recliner and I'm golden baby!

I did a sh*t ton of cooking yesterday! Woooohooooo! Everything went down smoothly--even grilled salmon and tilapia! And the best part is that we have leftovers today, so I don't have to cook today (or until tomorrow night)! Score! I feel very blessed at the pretty easy path to recovery. I feel so blessed that I look forward to "walk-time" every 2 hours! I feel blessed that Mr. F. isn't having to make concessions because I don't feel well enough to straighten the house, or do dishes, or cook. Yes, yes, I know...we live a pretty June and Ward Cleaver existence. Sue me. It suits us. And I like it. I sometimes dress up in heals and fake pearls and an updo. LOL.

Don't think there will be any recipes today. I will instead just enjoy portions from yesterday!!!

Hugs and have a good one everyone!!

Edited by FluffyChix