Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out With the Old--In With the New!

Day 6 Post Op - 223 lbs

Woke up this morning and felt F-I-N-E, FINE! :D Slept well. Only pain pills I'm taking are gabapentin for nerve inflammation. Not even taking liquid tylenol. Drinking is going so well. It's hard to limit things to 8fl oz/hour. I can comfortably swallow 1/2 ounce at a time! :( Am getting in my 60-80g of Protein per day. Am around 20-25g carbs daily and very low fat. Think I'm still only getting about 400-450 cals/day (not intentionally trying to keep things low).

I'm almost down to pre-surgery weight: only 0.2lbs away. :D Exact much? hehe

I do have MASSIVE bruises all over my abdomen and on the arm where they tried to get my veins for an iv. I seriously have purple bruises all along my lower tummy/pannus. But they don't hurt. They only amaze.

It's a pretty boring post op blow-by-blow after-action report. Thank you sweet baby Jesus of the golden fleece diaper and tiny hands and feet! I think I'm gonna try to work a couple of hours today. Luckily I work from home.

Thank you to everyone who has been following and cheering me on!!!

sweet-baby-jesus-b55g0l.thumb.jpg.97396c2da60942b1c1b0bd7ef5c827a7.jpg

Edited by FluffyChix

Fluffy, you are back in fine form!! Love hearing how well your are faring post-surgery. :D

26 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

Fluffy, you are back in fine form!! Love hearing how well your are faring post-surgery. :D

You are gonna be a rock star (mainly cuz you already are ;) ) and kill this surgery and post up just like @Miss Topaz and me...

Time for a recipe. I know I can't be the first person to have figured out this recipe, so I'm gonna call it "mine," since attribution appears to be at bay.

It's my new squeeze I :780_sparkling_heart: it so much!

Peanut Butter and Blueberry Pro-gurt

Serves 1-2

3oz Greek fat free yogurt (HEB)

1fl oz Premier Protien vanilla RTD (or your fave flavor)

6g Peanut Butter Slim (Vitacost)

1fl oz Walden Farms Blueberry pancake Syrup

Mix first 3 ingredients together until smooth. Top with zero calorie WF Blueberry Syrup. Enjoy with moans of ecstasy!

Nutritionals: 85 calories; 15g protein; 1g fat; 5g carbs; 1g fiber; 4g net carbs; 3g sugar

LOL. Glad you're having moans of ecstasy, Fluff:) On day six, no less!

IKR? It's the little things that keep me amused. :D :395_shaved_ice::257_dromedary_camel:

Yay!! Congrats Fluffy!! So glad you made it through OK. Wishing you a speedy recovery and i look forward to following your journey.

Mr Fluffy is going to get jealous and move that blueberry Syrup from the pantry to the nightstand!

Do I want to know Mr Fluffy's plans for the Syrup on the nightstand or is it TMI? Remember Fluffy you're still a sick little birdie, no romping and stomping quite yet! let your wounds heal, I wouldn't want to explain to your surgeon how you busted a gusset, would you?

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

14 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Peanut Butter and Blueberry Pro-gurt

Serves 1-2

3oz Greek fat free yogurt (HEB)

1fl oz Premier Protien vanilla RTD (or your fave flavor)

6g Peanut Butter Slim (Vitacost)

1fl oz Walden Farms Blueberry pancake Syrup

Mix first 3 ingredients together until smooth. Top with zero calorie WF Blueberry Syrup. Enjoy with moans of ecstasy!

Nutritionals: 85 calories; 15g protein; 1g fat; 5g carbs; 1g fiber; 4g net carbs; 3g sugar

Checking - 1 Fluid oz of the Protein Drink? ? 30ml? Couple of tablespoons? Does this just make it a bit runnier, as opposed to making it fluid?

2 hours ago, Biddynz said:

Checking - 1 Fluid oz of the Protein Drink?? 30ml? Couple of tablespoons? Does this just make it a bit runnier, as opposed to making it Fluid?

Yes. It's Greek yogurt, and I wasn't cleared for Greek yet (cuz of thickness), but am cleared for regular yogurt. So the Premier Protein thins it out, but also adds more Protein to the serving. :) 1fl oz = 1ounce = 2 tbsp = 30ml = approx 30g.

Day 7 - Week 1 Post Surgery - 222.8lbs (Wahooo! Almost down to surgery day weight--only 0.4lbs left!)

Hello my dearies! This morning is another fanflippintastic day! I slept really well and had a good day yesterday. I walked throughout the day. Am still having probs walking for longer than 10minute intervals, but I did 5 of those intervals yesterday and I'm hoping they count for something. I surpassed my fluid goals and made my Protein goal almost exactly. I'm having no difficulties swallowing or keeping it down.

I know everyone experiences this, but I don't feel any/little resistance when eating yogurt or Jello or broths/cream Soups. :( So I know it will happen when I eat a dense protein, but it's still a little un-nerving. The irrational paranoia that "my pouch is too big" is strong within me. LOL. Nothin like a little crazy to brighten my day!

Oh, I made a revelation last night! Apparently gabapentin can make you addicted to it! :( I've been taking it since Day 1 after surgery 1800mg/daily. It can also cause weight gain! Fu*k me!! So apparently, it's not good to cold turkey it. You have to wean off of it. Now, I've only been taking it a week, so maybe I don't have to wean off of it? But hells to the max! I started last night to decrease from 1800/day to 1500/day. Then today I will do 1200/day, reducing by 1 pill per day until I'm only on 1 pill and can stop it. I do NOT want to deal with that withdrawal, and I'm not even sure it's doing anything for me except making me sleepy and slow.

The food impatience is growing with me. I'm longing for purees. LOL. And the blasted Ricotta Bake keeps whispering my name--especially around evening meal time. :) But, this liquid phase lasts only a short time. And come Wednesday morning of next week, I will so enjoy my first egg! I count the lovely days! :D

Ok, that's my update! Breakfast is going to be my PB and B Progurt! Have I mentioned that I :780_sparkling_heart: the stuff? :D

Damned good idea re the gabapentin. Talking to my (non-medically) addiction-leaning grandson, of everything he got himself off he thought gabapentin was the worst. But you are right, a week isn’t three years addiction!

But this is just me talking - I hate taking medicines for anything, while my partner tosses ‘em back and has a “why put up with discomfort when a pill will fix it” approach. Poor liver.

Why are they giving it to you? Seems you have done great through surgery, you don’t have much pain - do you have epilepsy?

1 hour ago, Biddynz said:

Damned good idea re the gabapentin. Talking to my (non-medically) addiction-leaning grandson, of everything he got himself off he thought gabapentin was the worst. But you are right, a week isn’t three years addiction!

But this is just me talking - I hate taking medicines for anything, while my partner tosses ‘em back and has a “why put up with discomfort when a pill will fix it” approach. Poor liver.

Why are they giving it to you? Seems you have done great through surgery, you don’t have much pain - do you have epilepsy?

Well they sent me home from the hospital with it. The combination of gabapentin and tramadol is supposed to be a very effective pain killer without the same risks as opiod addiction. I suspect she did that cuz we'd discuss me not wanting to get flagged by the po-po for having narcotics prescribed by 2 different docs. My PCP prescribes my Norco for my neuralgia and arthritis pain--and as long as I only get 1 script or less per year from him, he will continue to prescribe. My guess is she didn't want to give me the liquid norco (can't remember the name).

Anyway, it worked just fine and I quit taking the tramadol a couple of days ago and now I'm ready to drop the gabapentin--especially after reading the withdrawal stuff! Holy fu*k! :blink: If I have pain, I will just take my liquid tylenol, which has done fine. I haven't even taken that in a couple of days! But I was shocked to read how addictive the gaba is!!! :wacko: