Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out With the Old--In With the New!

I thought you might say it fit me better, just a week to seminar#1 gosh I hope I like what they say. I want to stay in the bariatric groove and keep moving forward. I'm still a little jelly of your success but look how LONG it took you to get there.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Oh I'm praying you get a great report sweetie!!! I'm so excited for you!! How many weeks was this appointment again? Me=Short term memory! Mine ended up being 1 week + 2 days. I have a second f/up next week.

Don't cheat this weekend, and keep doing your Full liquid Phase 2 ok?!!!

I'm glad you like reading about my food exploits. For the longest time, I've been concentrating on quick 10 minute meal fixes, cuz it was so hard to stand more than 10minutes at a time. Now that I can stand longer, I just don't have the will to be in the kitchen for hours on end! And still want to keep the food contact to a very purposeful 10 minutes to get real foods either in a slow cooker or on my plate! LOL.

I hope you will keep jumpin' in and reading/contributing with some of your own wicked feats of kitchen strength here!!! Maybe this can become a "dump site" for great bariatric food ideas??? Wouldn't that be awesome!?!

Yes! Next Monday will be 2 weeks... I was so loopy in the hospital that I don't remember much but I do remember the surgeon telling me not to cheat. Honestly, for the first time ever I'm not tempted to cheat; I want to get all I can get out of these first few days and weeks plus I'm really scared about messing something up!

And yes, it will be great to build up an arsenal of meal ideas from this site!

Ok, so my new taste test today! It's another winner at Triple D, the Digestion and Dumping Depot! :D You know, I'm a scratch cooker for the most part, but now that I'm having to do soft, wet cooking, I refuse to slave away in the kitchen making homemade sauces for wet food! You can call me Semi-Homemade Fuc*ing RNY Sandra Lee! Cuz I'm embracing the crap outta prepared sauces and stuff. Better living through chemistry is my new motto. Cuz it gets the job done in 10minutes or less!

Today I tried out steamed spinach. Per my surgeon that is A-okey-dokey with her. So I used frozen chopped spinach, some Tostito's Spinach Dip, some Central Market Hatch Salsa Verde and granulated garlic powder. I steamed the crap outta it until it was beyond tender and used part of it under a perfect 6.5minute soft boiled egg. Dayum did it go down smoothly! LOVE!

So here's the recipe!

Green eggs and BAM Baby!!!

Serves 2 (1/2 of creamed spinach + 1/2 soft boiled egg)

1 large egg, soft boiled to 6 minutes, peeled and split lengthwise

1oz frozen chopped spinach

1/4c Water

1/8 tsp granulated garlic

16g (1Tbsp) Tostito's Spinach Dip

14g (1Tbsp) Hatch medium green chile salsa (Central Market)

Kosher or sea salt to taste

For egg, bring water to boil in a small sauce pan. Gently lower egg into boiling water. Set time for 6 minutes. Bring egg water back to a slow boil. Remove with a slotted spoon at 6 minutes. Rinse under cold water while peeling egg. Cut egg in half lengthwise. By the time it's cut in half the egg will be about 6.5 minutes soft boiled!

While egg boils, nuke frozen spinach and granulated garlic with 1/4c water. Cover with plastic wrap or a microwave safe cover. Make sure to vent. Stir often to prevent volcanic spinach events! Remove when spinach is tender and stir in spinach dip and salsa. Nuke again for 30 seconds. Remove and stir.

Nutritionals for 1/2 egg + 1/2 creamed spinach: 64 calories; 4g protein; 4g fat; 4g carbs; <1g fiber; 4g net carbs; 0g sugar

Place half of creamed spinach in a small bowl and top with 1/2 of a soft boiled egg. Sprinkle with kosher or sea salt and enjoy. Let remaining half of egg and spinach cool, then cover and place in fridge for the next meal!

Edited by FluffyChix

Fluffy, I am totally digging your recipes! I love cooking and the prospect of living on mush/baby food for weeks on end was depressing me to the enth degree. Your posts have given me hope... there is flavour in Bariatriville!

5 minutes ago, MrsGamgee said:

Fluffy, I am totally digging your recipes! I love cooking and the prospect of living on mush/baby food for weeks on end was depressing me to the enth degree. Your posts have given me hope... there is flavour in Bariatriville!

Hugs! I know I was freakin that everything was gonna need to be pureed. But when the surgeon said yesterday that stuff just needs to be fork tender and mashable I was like. WHAH????? Then I was whaaaaaaaahhhhh? I swear, I came outta that appointment on cloud 9! Cuz I can do fork tender all the live long day!!! Bahahaahaha!

I figure, this way of keeping recipes of mine all in one place is easier than polluting the whole board with tons of recipes that will probably just irritate the eff outta most everybody except me. (and maybe you) *snic*

Edited by FluffyChix

fork tender and mashable - yep. My NUT told me for some soft things like scrambled eggs, rather than mash them with the fork, just chew them well. Made food so much more appealing!

So happy for you Fluffy! You have been a source of encouragement and inspiration to many on this forum. I hope we can provide you with some of what you’ve given all of us. You got through it and now comes the hard part. If I were you I’d go back and read your own posts for motivation because you are the best at that my dear. Congrats on a smooth surgery. I wish you the best!!

Thank you ladies!! ((hugs)) Thank you for your encouragement and compliments. I hope this stuff helps someone other than myself!! :)

Day 11 Post Op - 218lbs (-4.4lbs from Surgery Morning Weigh-in)

Wahooo! Slept well, woke up in a great mood, feeling great and ready to meet the day. I have a lot of energy! Dayum, I :780_sparkling_heart::395_shaved_ice::257_dromedary_camel: sparkleheart wtih rainbows and unicorns the CRAP outta my new vitamins! I will do a post later on that is strictly about what i'm taking, but I can really feel the kick of energy I get from my B12 sublingual and T1 (but hey, no surprise there as they are both part of the Bvitamins or energy vitamins)!

Today is really auspicious because I haven't been this weight since about my 20th radiation treatment. The only diff is that now I'm weighing 218lbs and am healthy! Rather than depleted and physically stressed to the max! :) Yay team and thank you sweet baby Jesus of the golden fleece diaper! It's also important cuz I've officially tipped the fulcrum to the point where I have less to lose to hit goal than I have already lost. Does that make sense? Meaning, now I'm on the downhill side of the extra weight I still need to lose. :D Hopefully it will mean the terrain will be "all downhill from here" LOL!

I feel like I've lost so much more than it looks like on paper. VWT-wise (virgin weightloss territory-wise) I'm only 4.4lbs down from surgery 11 days ago. Hardly lightspeed status. But, if you look at it that I gained up to 228 from my iv fluids and surgical inflammation on the day after surgery, then I'm down 10lbs in 11days. Which is pretty sweet and something I'm pretty excited about. You know? :D

I'm very excited to implement Operation Fork Tender today! I bought sockeye salmon to grill tonight and also bought tilapia filets (from a responsibly sourced origin) to do a poached fish (to have on hand as a back-up), and look forward to having fish and steamed spinach tonight. Hold me. I'm so excited!!

I'm making chicken salad for lunch. Wooooohoooooo! And I am going to try having a spinach mushroom, turkey sausage scramble for 2nd brekky! :D The world's my 1/4c fargin' oyster! I just can't wait to chew! But then, 23 days in the liquid diet hole will do that to a person. I know I'm still food obsessed to a degree. Maybe a big degree, but yesterday, when push came to shove I had little hunger and ended up in the Protein deficit hole by 5pm with only 40g of protein for the day. So I ended up needing to have Premier Protein to fill the gap before dinner. But, I was perfectly happy not eating. I wasn't starving or thinking about food.

It's almost as if, I have so little tummy real estate in my new pouch, I want to fill it with the 8-10 tiny bites that really taste good to me! LOL. As long as it's soft and fork tender LOL!

I'll be back later with the egg scramble recipe and the chicken salad recipe.

Hugs all around!

Glad to see you are glowing and going stronger each and every day. Read recently someone in Utica (little town near me) is raising Tilapia, remember a few years everybody was raising catfish, having catfish farms? I guess this is the latest fad in fish farming. They expect by this summer to be selling them to local markets and maybe all over the state. Are you going to share another recipe today?

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

But then, 23 days in the liquid diet hole will do that to a person.

:lol::lol::lol:

You can call me the Quarter Cup Kid! LOL. I made my egg scramble and it was like a little tiny piece of heaven! Had a crap ton of chewability! And I pretty much adore eating on coffee saucer with a cocktail fork. *snort! Hilarious! The recipe makes 2- 1/3c servings or 2.8- 1/4c servings. For simplicity and as an evil test, I served myself 1/3c or 1/2 the recipe. I ate verrrrrrrry slowly, one morsel at a time on the tip of my teeny tiny cocktail fork just perfect size for the Lollipop Guild, and at the point where 1/4c meets "oops I did it again", I had this instinct that this was my last bite and if I finished the remaining portion on my plate I'd be SAS (sorry ass sh*t). Now, I WANT the taste of the rest of it. But my spidey senses and Magic 8 Ball say, "It would not be prudent" and "You've had enough."

Also, this meal is probably better suited for later toward Stage 4 because although I could mash the mushroom bits with a fork and smush the turkey sausage crumbles, I'd have to be very determined to do it. So it's technically NOT fork tender. But I did masticate the hayull out of each teeny tiny baby jesus bite! And it tasted wicked good! :D So, moral of this story? I shoulda just divided it into thirds and eaten my doll-sized barely 1/4c portion! :D I'll now have 2 more brekkys with this! Hopefully it will sit well in my pouch!

Egg Scramble with Spinach, Mushroom, Turkey Sausage and BH Lacey Swiss (Late Phase 3/Early 4 Soft Diet)

Serves 2, 1/3c portions OR 2.8, 1/4c portions

1/2c Water

1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced thinly

1/2oz (about 1/2 med) mushroom, sliced thinly

1/2oz frozen chopped spinach

12g Jimmy Dead Turkey Sausage crumbles

1 large egg, well beaten with 1tbsp water

1 pinch Kosher or sea salt

12g BH lacy swiss cheese slice

3 seconds olive oil spray

Topping:

1tsp Taco Bell Mild Sauce

Heat small non-stick omelet pan with water and the next 4 ingredients. Stir occasionally and let the water evaporate as the garlic, spinach, mushroom slices and turkey becomes tender and steamed through.

Remove veggies and turkey from pan. Rinse pan out to clean it and prevent sticking. Spray clean, dry pan with olive oil spray. Heat pan and add beaten egg. shake pan and stir with spatula until about 1/2 cooked. Add veggies and sausage crumbles back to the pan. Season with salt and continue to scramble a few seconds. Add cheese slice. Turn off heat and remove pan from heat while continuing to stir. When cheese is melted, divide into 3 servings of "almost" 1/4c each.

Let the other 2 portions of scramble cool completely before sealing and refrigerating for another meal. Enjoy your 1/4c portion. Make sure to take tiny bites and chew VERY well. I also like to top my scramble with 1tsp of Taco Bell mild sauce, cuz it adds "zero cals". Yes, it's a magic calorie-free hot sauce. LOL. *Snort*

Nutritionals (full recipe): 166 calories; 12g protein; 12g fat; 3g carbs; 0g fiber; 3g net carbs; 0g sugars

Nutritionals (1/3 recipe=almost 1/4c): 56 calories; 4g protein; 4g fat; <1g carb; 0g fiber; <1g net carbs; 0g sugars