Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February Sleevers?

2 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I use the timer on my phone constantly, one of the best inventions ever!

1 minute ago, Aurora2609 said:

I am a 70’s baby from the sunny UK! So not too far away lol

2 minutes ago, Aurora2609 said:

I am a 70’s baby from the sunny UK! So not too far away lol

thats awesome, but you never hear of someone born in the 90's or 2000's with our awesome name. When were you sleeved?

On 2/19/2018 at 4:12 AM, PoliceMan2345 said:

Hello All,

My surgery date [02/20/2018] is approximately 28 hours away and I'm as terrified as I am excited, and then some more. This will be my first surgery of any sort and can't believe I started my "Lifestyle Change Journey" back in October of 2017 and now the day is almost here.

Could use some prayers and words of encouragement right now to help with the anxiety. There's no turning back and I will be spending my day drinking Clear Liquids and doing anything to keep my mind off of it until it's time.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to joining the loser's bench and start living a Happy LIFE!

-PoliceMan2345

On 3/11/2018 at 1:18 PM, CJG216 said:

Hi All,
I am currently in the process to get the sleeve through Brigham & Woman’s Hospital/South Shore Hospital here in Massachusetts.

In addition to experience with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mass.

Looking for anyone who either went through this program or another one in Mass? Thanks!

On 8/5/2017 at 10:51 AM, amlpn said:

I'm considering revision banded 2008 lost 60 have regained 30. With the sleeve, do you feel full/satisfied with the small meals? Because with the band I'm always hungry,I just stop eating because of the pain/restrictions.

On 4/2/2018 at 6:38 PM, maddysmommy said:

Hello, I’m new here. I had a lap band put in in 2012. It was great at first and I lost around 30 pounds. I learned what foods I couldn’t eat and what was easier to eat. About 2 yrs in, I started having trouble eating anything at all. Every meal was coming back up or not going down at all. I’d have to eat standing up. How awkward is that at a restaurant? Come to find out the band was sitting at an angle so it was “kinked” so to speak. That’s how the surgeon described it after he took it out. I declined revision thinking “I got this, I can do this on my own” 9 months later I’m 30 lbs heavier and disgusted and disappointed with myself. Now considering sleeve and wondering if anyone has gone thru something similar and can tell me your experience and how the band compares to sleeve gastrectomy. Feel like a failure and just need some encouragement as well.

1 minute ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I just looked up the YWM conference, I'd never heard of it. But, not likely to go. That's the week of my birthday/husband's birthday/our anniversary. I'm likely to be baaaaad and need to go sit in the corner for a while!

thats ok. what kind of bad are we talking about?

thank God stitches will be completely healed by then!

Oh, that's too bad you are both having abdominal tenderness. I have no issues there since 2 weeks out.

So I'm doing fantastic. My weight loss is a little slower than I'd like, but I'm sure most people feel this way. But I feel really good. I had a period of low energy and weakness, but I believe B12 shots have taken care of that. My stomach is great, able to tolerate everything I throw at it.

I'm loving having such a small stomach capacity. It keeps me from self sabotaging too much even when I give into cravings. I'm also loving that having no physical hunger, only head hunger makes those cravings easier to control.

NSV - I finally figured out Protein Shakes and vitamins/mineral that are working for me. I became intolerant of whey Protein about a month ago. That eliminated most shakes, powders & bars. I'd also not taken my Multivitamins & Calcium regularly because they cause extreme nausea. Now I've found premade protein shakes that agrees with me, and tastes decent. I've found multivitamins and calcium supplements that don't upset my stomach. I'm now able to get in all my required Vitamins and minerals, plus the additional pills like my ppi, stool softener and probiotic & meet or at least get close to my protein requirements!

Just now, Dawn Hanaphy said:

thats ok. what kind of bad are we talking about?

thank God stitches will be completely healed by then!

I have to get back to my homework, I will catch up with you again. it was great to meet you sleeve twin.

I was sleeved 15th Feb 2018. So far lost 35llb including liver shrinking diet. Feeling pretty good right now. pretty tired a lot, but am starting to feel soo much better about myself [emoji123]

12 minutes ago, Dawn Hanaphy said:

its Water mainly, I do not do a lot of liquids. I am trying to do one Protein Shake still I usually end up opening a premier one and take a few sips and than forget that I was doing it. I have adult add and I am constantly on the go. so it makes it hard. I used to have an alarm set from bariatastic to drink every 15 minutes. I best set that up again. I probably deleted it off my phone to make room for something else. lol.

I know that drinking straws are discouraged, but swallowing a bit of air has got to be better than dehydration. Straws are a trick I learned in Weight Watchers and they really do help you drink more than sipping does.

1 minute ago, Aurora2609 said:

I was sleeved 15th Feb 2018. So far lost 35llb including liver shrinking diet. Feeling pretty good right now. pretty tired a lot, but am starting to feel soo much better about myself

Sounds like your weight loss is going great. I'm really tired, too. Haven't quite adjusted to the new normal.

1 minute ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I know that drinking straws are discouraged, but swallowing a bit of air has got to be better than dehydration. Straws are a trick I learned in Weight Watchers and they really do help you drink more than sipping does.

i definitly do straws with no problem, I really had no gas pain at all from the surgery or anything I have done yet.

and yes I think the dehydration causes the low energy its the worst for me. i even tried my caffeine free diet coke flattened and couldnt drink that.

Ill get there.

i definitly do straws with no problem, I really had no gas pain at all from the surgery or anything I have done yet.
and yes I think the dehydration causes the low energy its the worst for me. i even tried my caffeine free diet coke flattened and couldnt drink that.
Ill get there.

I don’t think I am getting enough fluids in, this might help my tiredness if I can up it. [emoji106]

9 hours ago, sillykitty said:

I'm loving having such a small stomach capacity. It keeps me from self sabotaging too much even when I give into cravings.

Ok, I'm quoting myself, sad!

But tonight was the perfect example of my stomach capacity helping to keep my cravings in check. I've been wanting to make this 3 ingredient mac and cheese I had heard raves about. Tonight I gave in and made it. I was semi good, I measure the ingredients out and then weighed it after it was done, so I would know what each serving would be nutritionally and calorie wise. I was only able to eat half of what I served myself, and my total damage was limited to 124 calories!

Did I mention how much I love my sleeve??

6 hours ago, sillykitty said:

But tonight was the perfect example of my stomach capacity helping to keep my cravings in check. I've been wanting to make this 3 ingredient mac and cheese I had heard raves about. Tonight I gave in and made it. I was semi good, I measure the ingredients out and then weighed it after it was done, so I would know what each serving would be nutritionally and calorie wise. I was only able to eat half of what I served myself, and my total damage was limited to 124 calories!

I was the flip side of that last night. My husband cooked me a salmon fillet (they had hamburgers) and while I only put about 1/4 of the fillet (about 1.5 oz) on my plate, I wanted to add a veggie. Since they hadn't cooked any veggies other than french fries, I decided to have a small (prepacked) fruit cup. I ate the salmon and 1/2 of the fruit cup and was over my limit. I was miserable, on the verge of throwing up for about 2 hours. So, yes, it was good that I didn't overeat, but the teeny portions are making me crazy. I don't know how I will ever transition off Protein Drinks if my portions don't get a bit larger. I did probably eat too fast. UGH! So I was not loving my sleeve last night!

And you felt more the Dragon than the orchid half, didn't you? Your problem was your mind wrote a check your stomach couldn't cash! Slow and easy wins the race, I get frustrated (hence,my pen name) and wish old age, skill and treachery also counted! Smiles [emoji13] its Sunday,and sunny, it will be all better!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

36 minutes ago, frust8 said:

And you felt more the Dragon than the orchid half, didn't you? Your problem was your mind wrote a check your stomach couldn't cash! Slow and easy wins the race, I get frustrated (hence,my pen name) and wish old age, skill and treachery also counted! Smiles emoji13.png its Sunday,and sunny, it will be all better!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Actually, the problem wasn't with the user on this one. @Orchids&Dragons Salmon, an oilier fish sits heavier in our new anatomy and kinda sneaks up on you. You served the exact right amount in theory, but in retrospect, you may have to slow your eating even more with it because it can become heavy feeling about 30minutes-45minutes out. It kinda migrates to the top of our tummy and puts pressure (almost like fish burps or indigestion). I still eat it cuz I love it so, but I eat sooooo slowly and definitely stick to the portions I have previously been capable of eating. And it keeps me full for HOURS--unlike other white fleshed fish.

It is SO hard learning the rules of the road not just for your new body, but also for each individual food at that specific point in time. LOL. 2 weeks from now, you might be able to hand an additional ounce without issue!

Keep on keepin' on hon!

7 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Ok, I'm quoting myself, sad!

I know this is such a bone of contention here. People who believe that moderation is gonna keep them slim and without regain v. us hard line hard-assers. I just think in reading this that it's playing with fire. Thank GOD for your new sleeve. But know that all magic comes with a price. Time flies by. If you don't take the chance to re-organize the way and WHAT you eat now during the time when your tummy is tiny and the damage is limited to 124 cals...you will become a statistic and will be back here in 2-3 years saying, "Help me Obiwankenobe. Help me! I've regained 60lbs and crave carby stuff and sugar all the time. Please help!!"

That's my fear for you.

A much wiser choice would be to make that same recipe using something like cauli rice, or zucchini noodles, or broccoli. Or even try some of the Birdseye Frozen Pasta that is made with lentils and zucchini. They have a mac and a cheese variety already.

You don't have to white knuckle diet. But making simple no-brainer substitutions can let you have your cake and eat it too without future consequences and while learning new tools for lifelong maintenance.

Sorry for butting in and adding my unpopular 2 cents. :(

Edited by FluffyChix

I bought two packages of them (all my store had). But we've yet to try them. I keep saying, "Tomorrow." But, tomorrow hasn't come yet, cuz when it gets here I don't feel like adding more carbs into my meals. :) One day.