Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February Sleevers?

18 hours ago, kkonoske said:

I had my sleeve done exactly 1 month ago from yesterday. I am lucky if I can get 500 calories in. I have to rely on Protein Shakes to get my required amount. For me, I noticed that only moist foods go down well. Anything else kind of hurts going down and then I feel like it lays there like a rock. I always eat slow and I stop before I get that full feeling. I can't stand that feeling. I spread my Vitamins out through the day so I don't have to take so many at once.

I've had good days and bad days, now that I am starting to get busier and that I am back at work, it is SO hard to 1) remember to eat, 2) be able to eat more than 200 cals in one "meal". I thought it was going to be as easy as it was when I had so much free time at home and I would literally eat all day. All of my foods are soft and on the borthy side of things, despite me having no problem with solid food, but solid food seems to fill me up from one tablespoon and that is ridiculous.

But honestly I am enjoying this. :) Makes me feel less guilty about eating that 110 cal energy bite I make at home using calorie dense ingredients like dates and almond butter.

On 3/11/2018 at 12:35 PM, Polymorphing said:

I CAN FINALLY HAVE pureed FOODS! My NUT emphasized that all foods must be put through a blender or a food processor for two weeks. So when I google search for "pureed" foods I get "mashed with a fork till soft", oh well.

I just made a pot of autumn carrot and sweet potato Soup following this recipe and replacing the butter with coconut oil: https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/autumn-carrot-and-sweet-potato-soup.html

I also squeezed a lemon after it was done and added some smoked spanish paprika.

AND IT IS TO DIE FOR. I had 4 tablespoons though and got completely full. Did NOT experience this with yogurt or other liquids. Wow.

Thanks for the recipe, I can't wait to give it a try!

How are all the February sleevers doing? How about updates?

I'll be 6 weeks post-op on Monday. Everything's going pretty well except that my mid-section is still very tender. Not the incisions, they're healed, but about a 3-in spot halfway between by sternum and my belly button. Anyone else have that?

16 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

How are all the February sleevers doing? How about updates?

I'll be 6 weeks post-op on Monday. Everything's going pretty well except that my mid-section is still very tender. Not the incisions, they're healed, but about a 3-in spot halfway between by sternum and my belly button. Anyone else have that?

Hi There I will be 6 weeks post op on Monday as well. As in a full six weeks have gone by. I have to say, today I have great energy, I am trying to get 1000 calories a day in which is really hard. I have a hard time when i wake up on my belly and try to roll over. Man it hurts, and I thinks its the same area you talk about in your post. Did you have a lap band out? Because I did. Or maybe its where the other 85 % of our stomachs used to be that are not there anymore.

I have lost 29.5 pounds. which is awesome. I have a few moments where I'm frustrated by what I cannot eat. I am trying to mix it up with the carbs. Putting some in for energy has proven very helpful. I have heard alot of old timers talk about being able to eat what they want just in small portions. I think this will be the trick to not feeling deprived.

I feel like the more I can eat the more weight I loose.

I am very happy you posted this post.

Thanks

Dawn Marie

2 minutes ago, Dawn Hanaphy said:

Hi There I will be 6 weeks post op on Monday as well. As in a full six weeks have gone by. I have to say, today I have great energy, I am trying to get 1000 calories a day in which is really hard. I have a hard time when i wake up on my belly and try to roll over. Man it hurts, and I thinks its the same area you talk about in your post. Did you have a lap band out? Because I did. Or maybe its where the other 85 % of our stomachs used to be that are not there anymore.

I have lost 29.5 pounds. which is awesome. I have a few moments where I'm frustrated by what I cannot eat. I am trying to mix it up with the carbs. Putting some in for energy has proven very helpful. I have heard alot of old timers talk about being able to eat what they want just in small portions. I think this will be the trick to not feeling deprived.

I feel like the more I can eat the more weight I loose.

I am very happy you posted this post.

Thanks

Dawn Marie

Funny, we're sleeve "twins" and I have a cousin named Dawn Marie in New York! I'm glad your weight loss is going well! I'm happy so far, as well.

No, I didn't have a band removed so that's not causing my soreness. It's not a sharp pain, just really tender, even if I just brush my fingers over the skin there. Weird.

I'm still usually at around 700-750 calories a day, although I get sufficient Protein and the fluids are no challenge for me at all (apologies to those of you who struggle.) My highlight so far has been wheat crackers with my Soup. I nibble off little bitty sections and revel in the crispiness. That's what I miss most!

20 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Funny, we're sleeve "twins" and I have a cousin named Dawn Marie in New York! I'm glad your weight loss is going well! I'm happy so far, as well.

No, I didn't have a band removed so that's not causing my soreness. It's not a sharp pain, just really tender, even if I just brush my fingers over the skin there. Weird.

I'm still usually at around 700-750 calories a day, although I get sufficient Protein and the fluids are no challenge for me at all (apologies to those of you who struggle.) My highlight so far has been wheat crackers with my Soup. I nibble off little bitty sections and revel in the crispiness. That's what I miss most!

lol wonder sleeve twins activate, sorry Im such a nerd. I bet she was born in the late 60s ( your cousin) thats the majority of us Dawn Marie's. Just Curious do you wear a fit bit or any kind of activity tracker?

and man I have such a hard time getting my Water in. I actually looked up how to give yourself an iv. lol

Just now, Dawn Hanaphy said:

lol wonder sleeve twins activate, sorry Im such a nerd. I bet she was born in the late 60s ( your cousin) thats the majority of us Dawn Marie's. Just Curious do you wear a fit bit or any kind of activity tracker?

and man I have such a hard time getting my Water in. I actually looked up how to give yourself an iv. lol

Hey we also have the same goal weight. Nice one! We can do this.

are you going to the YWM confrence in the summer?

2 minutes ago, Dawn Hanaphy said:

She was born in '64 or '65. I don't wear a fitbit, but my phone has a pedometer and I use that (except when I leave it in the car, or the battery dies, or I forget!)

That first week after surgery, when they had you drinking out of the little cups, I would literally be done with a minute or two and then sit there and watch the minute hand of the clock sloooowly tick over to the 15-minute mark so I could have another one! I usually get over 100 oz. per day now, so I don't track so closely. Do you have trouble with other liquids or just Water?

Weird- my real name is Dawn Marie! Lol

its Water mainly, I do not do a lot of liquids. I am trying to do one Protein Shake still I usually end up opening a premier one and take a few sips and than forget that I was doing it. I have adult add and I am constantly on the go. so it makes it hard. I used to have an alarm set from bariatastic to drink every 15 minutes. I best set that up again. I probably deleted it off my phone to make room for something else. lol.

1 minute ago, Aurora2609 said:

Weird- my real name is Dawn Marie! Lol

Well Hello There Dawn Marie when where you born?

1 minute ago, Dawn Hanaphy said:

its Water mainly, I do not do a lot of liquids. I am trying to do one Protein Shake still I usually end up opening a premier one and take a few sips and than forget that I was doing it. I have adult add and I am constantly on the go. so it makes it hard. I used to have an alarm set from bariatastic to drink every 15 minutes. I best set that up again. I probably deleted it off my phone to make room for something else. lol.

I use the timer on my phone constantly, one of the best inventions ever!

I am a 70’s baby from the sunny [emoji636] UK! So not too far away [emoji41] lol

12 minutes ago, Dawn Hanaphy said:

Hey we also have the same goal weight. Nice one! We can do this.

are you going to the YWM confrence in the summer?

I just looked up the YWM conference, I'd never heard of it. But, not likely to go. That's the week of my birthday/husband's birthday/our anniversary. I'm likely to be baaaaad and need to go sit in the corner for a while!