Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

Victory? Kinda . . . . My swimsuit is too big. Didn't realize it until my tankini top was floating up around my armpits. Was able to adjust ok, will just have to be VERY careful for the rest of this trip.

Also, jogged a good distance on the beach with out feeling like I wanted to die.

Love this one, neat to have a loose suit! Around here the statement" You're half the woman you used to be" is a compliment!😝

I love going to the theatre, but I haven't been going much because I couldn't fit in the seats. Well, I decided to try it last Friday, and I fit just fine and I was comfy! So happy that I can go see more shows!

I have a car but live in the city, so sometimes don't actually use the car for a couple weeks at a stretch. A few weeks ago I got into the car and realized all the mirrors were significantly off. I had to reorient all of them - side mirrors, rearview mirror. Was really annoyed that I'd somehow hit buttons and screwed up the mirrors until I realized: I'd had to tilt them all downwards the exact same degree.

I'd lost enough on my hips and ass since the last time I'd been in the car to literally shrink a few inches and thrown all of the mirror angles off.

While ordering lunch I ordered the meat sauce with meatballs and extra veggies but no Pasta. Yes I got funny looks but I felt completely no shame/ weirdness from doing it. Granted even a half size will still be at least 2 maybe three meals.

Best part is I haven’t been craving/pasta or bread.

Only puny NSV I have to claim is some,of my bras are getting looser, not leaving the gouges in my,underboob area. Looking forward to the day I'll have big ones to report!🌺😝🌸

I recently went on holiday to Greece to recuperate, I had lots of small victories!

The plane seats were a better fit, the walk to a different terminal wasn't as tortuous and turning myself over from front to back on the sunbeds was a breeze, previously a real struggle!

A friend at work asked me what I was doing with my old clothes. She knew a woman at her church whose husband had just left her and their 3 kids. Showed up at their apartment one day when she wasn't there and cleaned it out. Only thing he left was the sofa; probably couldn't fit it in the moving truck. What an sh!t.

Anyway, she was a stay-at-home mom, had to find a job pronto, and had not much more than the clothes on their backs. Yes, he took it all. Anyway, my co-worker's church has donated furniture and lots of clothing for the kids because that's all the mom asked for. But my friend realized that the mom had nothing, especially to wear to work. And she was about my "old" size 2X-3X.

Point of the story-I had this pile of clothes in the corner of my closet that I was procrastinating taking to Goodwill that have now found a new home. While I was packing them up, I went through and pulled maybe another 15 tops off the hangers and added them to the pile. I ended up sending her about 30-35 tops, 4 pairs of slacks, misc yoga pants for sleeping in, and a gorgeous winter coat. I was really feeling bad about donating the coat to Goodwill. I bought it about a year ago on clearance for around $80 - London Fog, royal blue wool coat with a hood. I didn't often buy "treat" clothes for myself. However, last winter was so mild I never wore it. I felt so happy to send this beautiful coat to someone who really needs it. Still has the $220 price tag on it!

It brings joy to my heart that this woman's church was so overwhelmingly loving to her at her time of need, and that I could be a little part of it.

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

I'm comfortable wearing leggings out and about, running errands and such. I used to only wear them around the house, and maybe to 7-11!

Had this happen today...
When a clerk looks at your driver's license...does a double take and goes "Did you lose weight?"
Omg, this just happen to me the other day. The lady asked me if I was using someone else's ID. She stated it looked nothing like me. In fact I had to show her a couple of ID's so she would believe me. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have been clothes shopping for my upcoming holiday this week - I got in to a ‘medium’ in Gap, and shopped in the regular (not plus ladies) section in TK Maxx (which is the UK version of TJ Maxx) - I still can’t quite get my head around shopping for normal sized clothes - it’s been 23 years and I feel overwhelmed I have so much choice!

Packing for a trip and going through my closet looking for some dresses that still fit. I had a few surprises.

My belts don't fit, like at all! Both the stretchy elastic kind and the buckle kind. My bolero style shrugs I wear over sleeveless dresses are unattractively baggy. For kicks I tried on a dress that I only wore in the winter with tights because it was too short other wise. Good news is it's long enough to wear with bare legs, bad news is the top is too loose.

So thank goodness for Amazon same day delivery!

@sillykitty are going to,lose any of your new wardrobe this NSV engendered? We would love to see some pictures and Celebrate with you!👕👚🎽👗👙👍