Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let’s do this - 2018 goals anyone?

A new year. New goals.

2017 I maintained a active life. Now I am planning on the same plus biking my first century and upping my run from a 5 K in 26 minutes to a 10 k in - who knows? What about you? Inspire me with what you have achieved and where you will find wins in 2018.

I decided to get weight loss surgery in September. My surgery date is 12/29. in 2018 Hoping to reach my weight loss goal, be more active, do a 5k and go on a very nice long vacation.

Great topic!

Last year I made a bunch of goals and never made any of them happen. This year I have just two simple goals: get to my goal weight (120 lbs) and pay off at least 1/3 of my debt. I'm 125 pounds down with about 60ish to go, so on my way with that! Totally NO-where on my debt goals though! Haha. Gotta start somewhere...

Edited by fruitandveggies

I’m with @fruitandveggies, goal weight (another 40 lbs) and paying my credit card debts (yep, all $30,000 of it). Totally doable...Lol. That’s it!

@fruitandveggies we’ve got to cheer each other on for both our goals. Let’s do it!!!

Oh hey is this supposed to be exercise goals for 2018, since it’s in the fitness forum? Lol

well then my goal is to exercise, routinely. 😁

Excellent. Yes fitness but all goals connect to wellness. I joined a running group in 2017 now setting a couple milestones for 2018. Had the WLS to be healthier more active. I hit goal in 2016 an have to work to stay here!

Great topic!
Last year I made a bunch of goals and never made any of them happen. This year I have just two simple goals: get to my goal weight (120 lbs) and pay off at least 1/3 of my debt. I'm 125 pounds down with about 60ish to go, so on my way with that! Totally NO-where on my debt goals though! Haha. Gotta start somewhere...

Agree - it was through activity I pushed that last few lbs off! You have done amazing!! At 120 - 5 lbs is like a clothes size! Financial stress is stress - which makes weight stick.

My surgery date is Jan 8. I already signed up for 2 exercise classes, the first is which starts in March. I should have a significant loss by then. I'm hoping that I find them enjoyable.

13 hours ago, Newme17 said:

I’m with @fruitandveggies, goal weight (another 40 lbs) and paying my credit card debts (yep, all $30,000 of it). Totally doable...Lol. That’s it!

@fruitandveggies we’ve got to cheer each other on for both our goals. Let’s do it!!!

Yay, go us!! We can do it! I need to sit down and figure out what I can realistically pay off in a year, but I'm doing a big chunk at least, dammit!

3 hours ago, Stella S said:

Agree - it was through activity I pushed that last few lbs off! You have done amazing!! At 120 - 5 lbs is like a clothes size! Financial stress is stress - which makes weight stick.

Thanks!! I'm feeling really stuck right now and old habits are creeping back because of stress of money and my sweet little fur baby is very sick and doesn't have long left. I find myself going to the gym less and less the last few months, just enough to get a reimbursement for my membership from work (10 sessions per month). I have on my schedule to go 4 times per week, I'd like to get back to that!

7 hours ago, fruitandveggies said:

Yay, go us!! We can do it! I need to sit down and figure out what I can realistically pay off in a year, but I'm doing a big chunk at least, dammit!

I did up to Aug of 2018 and it'll put me about 23,000 down....so maybe BEFORE the next holiday season, I can have the rest gone. I'm with you....at least a big chunk of it, FOR SURE! You can do this...I'm following Dave Ramsey's steps...but tweaking the emergency to $3000 instead of $1000. Then I'll focus on the 2nd step...debts. :)

Thanks!! I'm feeling really stuck right now and old habits are creeping back because of stress of money and my sweet little fur baby is very sick and doesn't have long left. I find myself going to the gym less and less the last few months, just enough to get a reimbursement for my membership from work (10 sessions per month). I have on my schedule to go 4 times per week, I'd like to get back to that!

Sounds like a goal - plus a cheap way to spend time. Yes we have this!

Gastric Sleeve Surgery date: TBD
Hope to enter my first bicycle race to surprise my spouse who has been racing since 2011 [emoji4]
Personally I have wanted to sport six pack abs, to eliminate cottage cheese thighs and eat according to medical plan. (I’ve been accustomed to go without all day then binge at night)

On 12/19/2017 at 2:17 PM, Stella S said:

A new year. New goals.

2017 I maintained a active life. Now I am planning on the same plus biking my first century and upping my run from a 5 K in 26 minutes to a 10 k in - who knows? What about you? Inspire me with what you have achieved and where you will find wins in 2018.

Already getting my bucket list together for 2018.

1st on my list is Race to robie creek. Elevation endurance half marathon. The starting line is at just above 2,500 feet above sea level, and runners reach an elevation of about 4,700 feet above sea level.

2nd is to start hiking to give my knees a rest from running. I'm looking for new fitness activities to conquer.

My fitness goals for 2018 are to complete a 5 km run and to hit the gym 3 times each week.

I'm planning on going to Hawaii in Jan 2019 so I need to get in shape by then :)