Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 minutes ago, WillPowerPrincess said:

Gotcha. I haven’t experienced much pain so I’m not on any pain meds. So my mind is really playing on me. It’s not that i be hungry, it’s jus my old habits of always waiting to eat that kicks in. So I’m def using this time to break this addiction to food. I have no choice 🤣🤣

Oh I get that

My first week and change I found myself dreaming about food and **** which I've definitely never done before

Thank you all that replied and didn’t berate me over it. I obviously realise I stuffed up massively and won’t do it again. And I don’t even know what made me do it. I wasn’t hungry and have been sticking to my plan. I have had no complications and everything has gone well. I don’t know how I found myself doing it.

Thanks again to the ones that were understanding, your words were really helpful. To the ones that berated me, it was totally unhelpful and makes me not want to post again just like other posters that have left because of responses from dreamingsmall - wish I could just learn how to block you because you just come across as argumentative in every response to people’s questions. I’d be happy if you never answer my questions again or on my topics.

Sleeved: 2/12/2017

SW: 209lbs/95kgs

Pre op you wanted to use laxatives after cheating. Post op you want to vomit after eating the wrong food.. And then people complain if you want to be brutally honest. When I saw your pre op post I did wonder how you'd cope post op.. I won't offer any advice of what helped me refocus seen as you didn't appreciate my advice on your other post. But good luck and hope a therapist can help you so you don't end up suffering a leak for the sake of a few bites of pizza.< br>
Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

You are completely taking things I said out of context - and berating me over over my questions. YOU are unhelpful and rude in your posts to everyone!! Don’t bother writing any response to my questions again - you are no help and just distressing. People have left this forum because of you. There’s nothing you say that helps! You just berate people and are extremely rude!

I feel like there are two parts to this thread. In the first part, you talked about slipping up and eating cauliflower Soup earlier than you knew you should have and having discomfort. People were supportive and it's not hard to understand making this type of mistake. I would just call it learning your new stomach. If that's where the thread ended, I would not have commented as I agreed with the early posters that you needn't beat yourself up about it.

However, to me, things changed when later the same day, you tried to eat pizza. I don't know if it's self-sabotage, mindless eating, or something else but I still think you need to talk to your surgeon and nutritionist about this. I expect your surgeon would have a strong opinion as well. A forum can be a source of support and I don't fault you for posting here, but you shouldn't expect that every response is going to be supportive when you are putting your health at risk.

I do hope you are able to follow your surgeons recommendations from here on out and wish you success.

I feel like there are two parts to this thread. In the first part, you talked about slipping up and eating cauliflower Soup earlier than you knew you should have and having discomfort. People were supportive and it's not hard to understand making this type of mistake. I would just call it learning your new stomach. If that's where the thread ended, I would not have commented as I agreed with the early posters that you needn't beat yourself up about it.
However, to me, things changed when later the same day, you tried to eat pizza. I don't know if it's self-sabotage, mindless eating, or something else but I still think you need to talk to your surgeon and nutritionist about this. I expect your surgeon would have a strong opinion as well. A forum can be a source of support and I don't fault you for posting here, but you shouldn't expect that every response is going to be supportive when you are putting your health at risk.
I do hope you are able to follow your surgeons recommendations from here on out and wish you success.

Look, I do agree with that, but it’s the way it’s said. It was only you and dreamingsmall that came across as aggressive, and she has completely misquotes previous questions I have had.

I appreciate this post you just wrote and if you said it like that, and the way others have, I would’ve agreed and not had an issue.

I am not here to be berated, I realised I messed up and wanted to see if anyone did anything like it and experienced struggles like it. Clearly, even if people haven’t done what I did, they have had to face the mental aspect of self-control still. Responses like that from Dreamingsmall has just made people leave the forum. She has practically called women liars in other posts and it is just upsetting when we are on here to support each other and not judge. There may be other people that have done what I did or are struggling not to that will be too scared to post anything after reading the way I was responded to.

Obviously you’re not my surgeon and I will speak to him, but this is about supporting each other’s journey and sharing experiences. My post may really help someone who may be thinking about it and read how sick it made me - who knows? But berating someone is completely unhelpful and pointless.

Glad you are going to talk to your surgeon.

I agree that we're here to be honest, be supportive with each other, and gain as much knowledge as possible to ensure each of our journeys are successful. It's essential to forego being judgemental, and not beat up yourself or anyone else if errors in food eating occurs. I sought out a personal therapist recommended by my surgeon & nutritionist to help me with my emotional eating issues and to ensure I'm successful in losing the weight I needed to, and feel good about myself. My surgeon also provides three free support groups monthly: emotional support with a clinical psychologist, nutritional support with our dietitian/nutritionist, and bariatric support for any patients who've had surgeries. I also belong to an online post-op support group and an emotional eaters support group. To round things out, I belong to an online healing prayer circle: these three support groups are on Facebook and private. My personal therapist has me keeping a food/liquid/anything I put in my mouth journal, which also has my daily exercises and meditation included. We've chosen to ensure we've changed from being inactive to proactive by having our surgeries: that was the biggest and greatest decision demonstrating we love ourselves and deserve happiness. Your journey is my journey and I want to be as supportive of you as I am with myself, and I ask that you be supportive of me. We'll screw up, we're human, but it doesn't mean that we can't be successful. I depend upon each of you who're on this path and I'm here for you. Let's be loving to each other and Celebrate what we're accomplishing in every way possible.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BariatricPal mobile app

I agree that we're here to be honest, be supportive with each other, and gain as much knowledge as possible to ensure each of our journeys are successful. It's essential to forego being judgemental, and not beat up yourself or anyone else if errors in food eating occurs. I sought out a personal therapist recommended by my surgeon & nutritionist to help me with my emotional eating issues and to ensure I'm successful in losing the weight I needed to, and feel good about myself. My surgeon also provides three free support groups monthly: emotional support with a clinical psychologist, nutritional support with our dietitian/nutritionist, and bariatric support for any patients who've had surgeries. I also belong to an online post-op support group and an emotional eaters support group. To round things out, I belong to an online healing prayer circle: these three support groups are on Facebook and private. My personal therapist has me keeping a food/liquid/anything I put in my mouth journal, which also has my daily exercises and meditation included. We've chosen to ensure we've changed from being inactive to proactive by having our surgeries: that was the biggest and greatest decision demonstrating we love ourselves and deserve happiness. Your journey is my journey and I want to be as supportive of you as I am with myself, and I ask that you be supportive of me. We'll screw up, we're human, but it doesn't mean that we can't be successful. I depend upon each of you who're on this path and I'm here for you. Let's be loving to each other and Celebrate what we're accomplishing in every way possible.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you - that was truly beautiful!

It definitely was emotional as I just found out a very close friend of mine has non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and I am really shattered and broken over it. Our children are the same ages. I definitely need counselling right now.

I don’t think being supportive is synonymous with being kind. The first time you made an error with cauliflower and people were understanding, the second time it was pizza and people’s tone changed a bit. When you’re making dangerous mistakes and escalating and then come here to ask advice, people are going to respond. You shouldn’t want people to paint rainbows and daisies and tell you that eating some pizza a week post op is going to be fine because it’s not fine, really, and getting into the mindset where everything is “forgivable” is a slippery slope where you could end up seriously harming yourself. Maybe you didn’t like their attitude, but what you’re doing *is* dangerous and if their attitude gets you to second guess your actions in the future, then that’s something.

Anyway, that’s just my take on it. You really need to talk with you physician because your behavior does seem alarming so soon after surgery.

5’6”

25 yo

CW: 256

Thanks for stepping in and inflaming the situation after we had all made progress.

You’re wrong - being supportive is synonymous with being kind and most emotionally mature people understand that.

Are you perfect Aberry? What was your starting weight and how did you let yourself get so fat so young? Were you bullied over your weight? Maybe they were being supportive of you too? Did it stop you from getting fatter and more dangerously obese?

Stop judging. I have my surgeon for those issues, this forum is meant to be about non-judgemental support and those in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones! You just come across as hypocritical and rude!

4 hours ago, YummyMummy303 said:

being supportive is synonymous with being kind and most emotionally mature people understand that.

<snip>

Stop judging. I have my surgeon for those issues, this forum is meant to be about non-judgemental support

Actually, kind & supportive are not synonymous. While you started this thread, there is a very real possibility that hundreds of people may read it. If being truthful and honest by stating what you did was not only a bad idea but possibly life threatening is not supportive to you, then aberry was being supportive to the other people whom have not commented and/or are not aware that it is most decidedly a bad idea.

It always comes up in threads where recent post op members do something fooling that they play the "this place is supposed to be a judgement free zone and is all about support. This place may be supportive for many, but the intent of this website is to connect people with surgeons and then ecommerce for the bariatricpal online store for food and Vitamins, and information sharing. That is it.

Visit the world's largest weight loss surgery forums to discuss diets, procedures, and related bariatric topics.

Information and discussion first and foremost.

Now back to your post on pizza. It was bad. Life threatening bad. Is crappy pizza really worth risking your life over? Would you have truly felt better if no one cared enough to tell you the truth? Since I have been here, there have been many that have broke the rules very early. I don't know why, but it is almost always pizza. Or tacos. Sometimes alcohol. Back before the great purge of vets and posts, there was even someone that died from eating solid foods within the first week. I think it was pizza, but I cannot remember for sure.

Going through the posts, I don't really know all these people. I am not taking sides, but I did want to comment so that anyone that reads and doesn't comment can see a dispassionate post on the topic.

Thanks for stepping in and inflaming the situation after we had all made progress.

You’re wrong - being supportive is synonymous with being kind and most emotionally mature people understand that.

Are you perfect Aberry? What was your starting weight and how did you let yourself get so fat so young? Were you bullied over your weight? Maybe they were being supportive of you too? Did it stop you from getting fatter and more dangerously obese?

Stop judging. I have my surgeon for those issues, this forum is meant to be about non-judgemental support and those in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones! You just come across as hypocritical and rude!

This is YOUR journey. It's up to you whether or not you want to make the most of this incredible opportunity or squander it.

I would absolutely not want you to feel berated or bullied and I truly feel that we're all here to support one another. That said, I think a little tough love is warranted.

We're all human and mistakes happen. The Soup is forgivable...but pizza? Yikes. It's so dangerous to put stress on your staple line so soon after surgery. I think if anyone commented harshly it was only because of how serious the situation is, and not just for the sake of being argumentative.

I wish you lots of luck and success in the future! None of this is easy, but it's worth it.

My starting weight was my CW which was also my highest weight. No, I wasn’t bullied for weight; I wasn’t overweight when I was an adolescent. What lead me to this weight and my decision is irrelevant and I’m sure just you just trying to poke at some type of straw-man argument. I’ve never claimed to be perfect or better than you in any way. I also don’t read anything that’s been shared here as berating or bullying you. No one is calling you names, berating your character, or any number of things. BUT people are seriously pointing out that eating solid food one week post op is a BAD and **dangerous** idea and that you should seek help beyond an internet forum before this gets out of hand. There’s no sugarcoating that. That’s me being supportive. Sorry if you don’t like it, but I’m not going to sit here and cheer you on for eating pizza a week post op. I WILL cheer you on as you reach your goals, make progress, and work toward better options.

I guess I got lucky.. I had my surgery a year ago, and I didn't start feeling hungry until a couple of weeks ago. Prior to that, I would set alarms, weigh my food. If I didn't, I would go hungry without even realizing it.

sw: 334
pre-op: 314
cw: 213