Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TLBC Bandsters!

Greetings to all. Its been awhile. Green, I met you at the open house with Donna D. - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. May you soon get the peace you so deserve.

With me.?...well..not so good.:) It all started in November when I held a few pre-xmas parties at my house - bad move. That is where it all goes down hill. I have not been able to get back on course since then. I am still stuck at 40 pounds since Aug. Despite my mom being terminally ill at the end stage of cancer with an pneumonia and my sons' behavioural problems, I find myself far away from bandland. I have never to this day gained an ounce, but nothing is happening but I know why.... I am finding it EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to get back. I dont know how to get back....of course I am on meds for depression (gee, I wonder why ????)....

Donna D, I am right behind you !! How r u doing?

Any ideas for inspiration??

Rose :glare:

Green: Oh darling, I am so sorry to hear about your vocal cord. You wont' have to wait long, Monday will come soon o.k.! I'll keep positive thoughts and say prayers for you.

After you have this tumor removed we must all gather for lunch and you can YAK your face off and catch up on all the talking that you've been missing o.k.... I promise to come and bring all my cach of dirty jokes....!! To cheer your recovery. :smile2: (((((hugs))))

Rose: Lack of resolve, motivation... oh my you could have been talking for me there... I have some restriction, but am eating JUNK.

Perhaps there is something we can all do for our particular challenge

Visualization:

"Look at the back of your hands, right now. Really look at the back of your hands: the color of your skin, the freckles, the blood vessels, the rings, the fingernails. Take in all the details.

Right before your eyes, see those hands, your fingers wrapping around the steering wheel of your brand new car." (excerpt from The Secret)

For myself, I am going to visualize myself, thinner and excersising more... I must see myself eating healthier chices, tasting the fruit and its sweetness, enjoying the sensation of Steak in my mouth tiny pieces of course and the savoury taste that accompanies it. The mild soft sweetness of fresh fish, lightly sauteed in olive oil, and crisp steamed veggies... ummm Brussel sprouts, gr Beans, carrots...

Oh and I can smell ratatoille, eggplant and chicken simmered with onions and some tomatoes....

O.k. now for breakfast... I like steel cut oats, with raisins, chopped walnuts for healthy omegas... topped with sugar free syrop and skim milk...

think I'll go and do some cooking now....

Visualize Health, Happiness & have a great day :biggrin:

Hi Rose: I wasn't invited into your conversation but I just wanted to say you are one beautiful lady and the fact you held you weight steady thru all your stresses shows how well you and the band are working together. Remember when you didn't have the band and you were understress. Need I say you would turn to food, this time you didn't.

Your resolve is strong, now you just have to get moving again. Try my favorite saying (borrowed from AA) "Just for today I will exercise a very short time" and do it. The next day "just for today I will exercise 5 minutes more". I hope this little saying helps you it certainly is my favorite. Doddie

Thanks Doddie for your lovely words ! I start off the day well...and then it goes downhill... The days are busy with work and the nights ? well, who knows...Something always comes up. Its either the hosp. or my kids have something coming up, not to mention all the other garbage... I am eating junkfood at all - the problem is I am not doing anything else like.. not too much Protein, put exercise on hold, not drinking water... stuff like that. I have never gained an ounce through this, but have to somehow get going.

I am really hoping once the nicer weather comes. Really, I find every spring, I become really motivated. KInda like a caterpillar coming out of the cocoon turning into a butterfly... Thanks for the confidence..

By the way, the pic that is posted is old - it is post surgery. I will have to get a new one !

Thanks again!

HI all!

JUst wanted to introduce myself! I was banded on 2.15.08 at TLBC. I am doing ok but have had a longer healing time dT hernia repair that was quite extensive.

I am going for my 1st fill in a couple weeks but am still trying to get the mushies down. I have eaten a few 'normal' things and they just didn't sit well. I guess they knew what they were talking about when they recommended to start slowly, who knew, lol.

Anyway, that's my news and I just wanted to say hi to all!

HUGS!

HI all!

JUst wanted to introduce myself! I was banded on 2.15.08 at TLBC. I am doing ok but have had a longer healing time dT hernia repair that was quite extensive.

I am going for my 1st fill in a couple weeks but am still trying to get the mushies down. I have eaten a few 'normal' things and they just didn't sit well. I guess they knew what they were talking about when they recommended to start slowly, who knew, lol.

Anyway, that's my news and I just wanted to say hi to all!

HUGS!

Hi Chandra;

Welcome to band land! You must be the same gal that I knew from old WW days online... BBBBB ??? right??

Hi Chandra;

Welcome to band land! You must be the same gal that I knew from old WW days online... BBBBB ??? right??

LOL>...YEAH that's me:-) How are you?

CONGRATS on your progress...that's amazing!

Greetings to all. Its been awhile. Green, I met you at the open house with Donna D. - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. May you soon get the peace you so deserve.

With me.?...well..not so good.:thumbup: It all started in November when I held a few pre-xmas parties at my house - bad move. That is where it all goes down hill. I have not been able to get back on course since then. I am still stuck at 40 pounds since Aug. Despite my mom being terminally ill at the end stage of cancer with an pneumonia and my sons' behavioural problems, I find myself far away from bandland. I have never to this day gained an ounce, but nothing is happening but I know why.... I am finding it EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to get back. I dont know how to get back....of course I am on meds for depression (gee, I wonder why ????)....

Donna D, I am right behind you !! How r u doing?

Any ideas for inspiration??

Rose :)

It seems to me that you have a lot on your plate right now, Rose. And yep, I remember meeting you at the TLBC open house. Your mum is dying, it is winter - and an especially sad, sunless one this year - and you have kids to deal with as well. Winter is not a good lapband season, is it? The body wants comfort food and that means those cosy carbs. I have gained at bit of weight back, too. Not much but nevertheless.....

When you have a free moment you might try washing and cutting up vegies, keeping them in the crisper and then they are available for a stirfry, a home-made stew (I use deboned chicken breast because I am very lazy), an omelette/frittata or a salad. As you can see, I am very hung up on eating enough fresh produce and as I don't like fruit this means I eat a lot of vegies.

I hope this suggestion might be of help.

Green - thank you so much for your thoughtful words and advice. I will definately will have to stop for a few minutes and get the grocery thing happening again. After all, I am doing this to AVOID what my mom is going through. 10 years ago, she had a massive heart attack, 4 years she was diagnosed with colon cancer. When she finished her chemo, 2 weeks later she collapsed and had a paralyzing stroke. Now she is dying from the cancer.

I am very, very ANGRY with her because of her diet. She never drank or smoked, but her diet was etrocious !!!! She came from the old country where meat was for the rich. Therefore, ate an enormous amounts of carbs. The bad thing was, when they came to this country, they also brought over the etrocious eating habits. I am very, very convinced it was due to her diet. She would eat fruits and veggies and carbs. My dad cant believe how I eat now, he thinks its for mice. We constantly argue about this issue - and still he does not see the point ! They still think that carbs are a good filler !!!!

I COULD SCREAM AND KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO THEIR HEADS !!!

Sorry for ranting again, but I had to get this off my chest. So, on that note, lets all take care of ourselves better !!

Green, you are still my hero - God Bless you and keep you healthy and happy !!

Green - thank you so much for your thoughtful words and advice. I will definately will have to stop for a few minutes and get the grocery thing happening again. After all, I am doing this to AVOID what my mom is going through. 10 years ago, she had a massive heart attack, 4 years she was diagnosed with colon cancer. When she finished her chemo, 2 weeks later she collapsed and had a paralyzing stroke. Now she is dying from the cancer.

I am very, very ANGRY with her because of her diet. She never drank or smoked, but her diet was etrocious !!!! She came from the old country where meat was for the rich. Therefore, ate an enormous amounts of carbs. The bad thing was, when they came to this country, they also brought over the etrocious eating habits. I am very, very convinced it was due to her diet. She would eat fruits and veggies and carbs. My dad cant believe how I eat now, he thinks its for mice. We constantly argue about this issue - and still he does not see the point ! They still think that carbs are a good filler !!!!

I COULD SCREAM AND KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO THEIR HEADS !!!

Sorry for ranting again, but I had to get this off my chest. So, on that note, lets all take care of ourselves better !!

Green, you are still my hero - God Bless you and keep you healthy and happy !!

Rose, you are such a doll, beautiful and caring. I understand your anger and frustration at your parents for what you see as their self-created problems.We who have struggled with our weight surely can see how one can get to that place. I know that my dad's sudden death last Dec. was completely due to his horrible habits-- he was a compulsive eater, was too heavy to exercise, and refused to use his CPAP machine for his sleep apnea. But over time I got over the anger, as he had early Altzheimer's. He just couldn't help himself. There was nothing we could do that would or could change his bad choices, or that he could do. I wish that all my talks, arguments and discussions with him could have helped him to change his ways, but he just wasn't capable of making better choices. I miss him tremendously, loved him dearly and accept that he did his best

I think your parents are a bit like that. They come from a different place and time. At this point, you are unlikely to change their lifetime of bad choices. You kind of just have to love them and treasure what time you have with them.

So sorry you are having such a tough time right now. It's to your credit that you haven't gained weight!

Hello everyone:

Since Xmas I don't seem to be able to control my eating habits. I have been for a fill and then a defill (acid reflux) and am going for another fill this coming Wednesday (March 5). The thing is I can eat a lot more then I should and I don't get that satisfied and full feeling. I can eat a whole sandwich and not blink - can anyone else do that at their 'sweet spot'? Last night I was able to have a big whopper and onion rings - no problem :eek:. I have not gained any weight because I try to control myself as much as I can but I'm afraid my self control won't last very long and I shall return to my old habits. Did anybody else have these issues 9 months after surgery?

Yes Marcar. We will always have a desire to eat (head hunger) and have to manage our food intake. The band is the tool tht forces us to obey the 6 oz rule. If you are eating more than that, then you should enquire as to more fill. If you are eating junk easy to go down food then you may need a defill to allow you to eat the hard Protein.< /p>

I am at 5.5cc and can't eat more than 6 oz. at best, even junk food.

So reevaluate what your habits are then go to the clinic and talk to Jill about getting into her boot camp. Have you seen the new TLBC website, it is great, but unfortuantely, many TLBC patients are not using it.

Boot camp may be the answer. Contact the TLBC Doddie