Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm hoping for the beginning of February. I'm beginning to get more excited and less nervous, but I'm sure I'll get nervous again as the time draws near. So excited for a new beginning!

hi everyone this is my first post- im scheduled for my surgery january 18th 2018-- excited but nervous-- things that are left for me to take care of is-- 1-- appt w. my primary doc to get letter of medical necessity 2.-- appt w. a psychiatrist for my psycho. evalu 3. -- pre op class 4.-- then surgery ----

this whole process has actually got pretty fast for me- i started to look into to this end of Oct 2017 called bariatric surg. office on nov 3rd and had my first appt on nov . 30th.. since then i had a transnasal endoscopy which turned out good . no issues --the amt of weight i would like to lose is --80- 90 lbs--

the main reason why i finally came to the decision to look into wls is-- i couldnt take any longer-- like most of us i have tried pretty much every diet out there and like my surgeon had stated to me i didnt fail the diets they all failed me and now its time to get this right---

i do have a few worries or concerns --

1- one of the reasons on why im in this boat is i like enjoy food and it enjoys me it scares me - i know once im down the road 6 +mths out i will be able to eat what i pretty much want its just the amt of it

2.- will i be able to do this-- ? thats one of my fears im going to go through all of this and not keep the weight off--

3. - i feel ashamed im doing this -- which i know is completely silly of me -

4.- but im not telling anyone in my life really ( not yet atleast ) - the only two people in my life at this time that knows is my husband and my supervisor--

ok--well-- i wish everyone wonderful surgeries to come and happy goals to be reached!!

good luck to everyone!!

my date is February 8th! I had to start my pre-op diet today of 2-3 shakes and a 450 cal meal in order to get my BMI below 50 by surgery day. i'm pretty sure i'll meet that goal! my pre-op doc apt is on January 22nd...i'm guessing i'll have to do the liquid pre-op diet at that time....at least i'm preparing my mind to have to do it. :)

Bypass on February 21st. WOW

My date is January 10th!! Starting the pre-op diet but mine isn't as bad as everyone else's, I can have high Protein Snacks and small dinner along with my shakes. I am nervous reading about how so many people were on a liquid diet for weeks! Of course I started reading horror stories about surgeon not being able to do surgery once they went in and saw the liver was too big!! I hope that doesn't happen to me!!

I’m excited and nervous. I have my H&P appointment today and find out my surgery date. All my other requirements have been filled just need this last appointment and then they submit to insurance and hope we get approval before the day we schedule. Hoping for Jan 18.

What do the do at the Health History & Physical appointment?

I’m excited and nervous. I have my H&P appointment today and find out my surgery date. All my other requirements have been filled just need this last appointment and then they submit to insurance and hope we get approval before the day we schedule. Hoping for Jan 18.

What do the do at the Health History & Physical appointment?

For me they just reviewed my past medical history and did a quick physical asked me a few questions pretty simple .. then at that appt i was not told my date. the scheduling dept called me a few days later and sent up all my appts

My surgery is Jan 8th too. Not really nervous. Full of hope and ready to start this journey. You guys are really great and I've learned a lot. Thanks.

My surgery is on Jan 16th. I am nervous and excited. I am hoping for a quick recovery. My daughter has a competition that I want to attend less than a week after. Yikes. If I am not driving.. I am hoping just sitting would be ok.

My date is this Thursday 1/11/2018.

Counting down the minutes until February 13th.. :)