Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi everyone this is my first post- im scheduled for my surgery january 18th 2018-- excited but nervous-- things that are left for me to take care of is-- 1-- appt w. my primary doc to get letter of medical necessity 2.-- appt w. a psychiatrist for my psycho. evalu 3. -- pre op class 4.-- then surgery ----
this whole process has actually got pretty fast for me- i started to look into to this end of Oct 2017 called bariatric surg. office on nov 3rd and had my first appt on nov . 30th.. since then i had a transnasal endoscopy which turned out good . no issues --the amt of weight i would like to lose is --80- 90 lbs--
the main reason why i finally came to the decision to look into wls is-- i couldnt take any longer-- like most of us i have tried pretty much every diet out there and like my surgeon had stated to me i didnt fail the diets they all failed me and now its time to get this right---
i do have a few worries or concerns --
1- one of the reasons on why im in this boat is i like enjoy food and it enjoys me it scares me - i know once im down the road 6 +mths out i will be able to eat what i pretty much want its just the amt of it
2.- will i be able to do this-- ? thats one of my fears im going to go through all of this and not keep the weight off--
3. - i feel ashamed im doing this -- which i know is completely silly of me -
4.- but im not telling anyone in my life really ( not yet atleast ) - the only two people in my life at this time that knows is my husband and my supervisor--
ok--well-- i wish everyone wonderful surgeries to come and happy goals to be reached!!
good luck to everyone!!

I’m hoping I am posting this correctly..

I’m waiting for insurance to approve, the waiting is torture!! Looking forward to this new adventure. Only a few people know because if it’s not approved I don’t want a bunch of questions about it; mostly because I will be devastated if it’s not approved. I would be interested in finding others who want to be a support to one another on this next journey.

My surgery is scheduled for 1/24. My insurance doesn’t cover anything to do with weight loss. I’m nervous getting closer to surgery date. Yesterday was my first day of my pre op diet. I’m sure I’ll have questions. This community is pretty great. I hope your insurance company approved you for the surgery. Good luck!!

My surgery is scheduled for 1/24. My insurance doesn’t cover anything to do with weight loss. I’m nervous getting closer to surgery date. Yesterday was my first day of my pre op diet. I’m sure I’ll have questions. This community is pretty great. I hope your insurance company approved you for the surgery. Good luck!!

So you’re self pay? Where are you having your surgery?

1 hour ago, sleevedAndRelieved said:

So you’re self pay? Where are you having your surgery?

Yes I’m self paid. I’m having my surgery at Allenmoore hospital in Tacoma

I am scheduled for VSG on 1/31. My preop liquid diet starts next Wednesday. I am so excited but also so scared it is all a dream and I am going to wake up to find I wasn’t approved after all. This will be the longest 2-1/2 weeks of my life.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:45 AM, rachellee said:

I’m scheduled for February 7th and so excited. I’m new to this message board but learning so much from everyone.

you're one day before me!!

I am post surgery almost 3.5 years.. and best decision I ever made. Dont be nervous.. you are making a great decision. I was 312lbs and 5'6.. got the gastric bypass. Now 189 lbs.. (holiday weight)