Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November sleevers here

2 hours ago, LilaJane20 said:

My weight loss has slowed - it was a couple pounds a week and now although I get there some weeks, others are just a half a pound or so. Are others experiencing the same thing? I'm glad it's still coming off, though.

I have had 3 stalls now and I’m just over 4 months post-op.. I do know that the Hair loss is real and it’s a monster :( I’m only down 55 lbs too.. just feel like my progress is slower than others..

My loss has also slowed, but still down 60lbs. I’m also dealing with some Hair loss. And currently unexpected food intolerance. Foods I’ve been eating since like, month 2 are causing me headaches and nausea. Considering doing liquids for a few days to see if that helps reset whatever I broke inside :P

Sleeved 11/8/17... Everything was working out well the first month.. I was tired all the time which is to be expected. Then my StepFather passed away on 12/8/17. It's been rough. I didn't mess up my eating, but the stress and my weight loss messed up my balance. At first I thought it was I wasn't getting enough Water and Protein so I adjusted that accordingly and waited for my 3 month checkup to see if I needed to change anything. Dr. Le said to see an ear nose and throat doctor which I did yesterday. I have been scheduled for a VNG test next week to see what's going on with my Vestibular Integrity. Cross your fingers... Prayers.. Good Vibes... Good Juju's I'll take it all that the test reveal it's a quick and easy fix.

Also on a side note.. NSV.. I managed to be able to cross my legs again. I'm wearing a men's XL pajama pants. They were my Late StepFather's PJ's I miss him soo much.

HW 421

SW 344

CW 296

GW 170

2018-03-28 02.28.47-2.jpg

2018-03-25 05.23.50.jpg

5 hours ago, LilaJane20 said:

My weight loss has slowed - it was a couple pounds a week and now although I get there some weeks, others are just a half a pound or so. Are others experiencing the same thing? I'm glad it's still coming off, though.

Yeah, mine has slowed a lot too. Still coming off, but very slowly and I have so far to go still that its kind of a bummer.

Still, looking at the bright side, even at my current weight I feel a hell of a lot better than I did before surgery.

2 hours ago, LylaLovesCoffee said:

Sleeved 11/8/17... Everything was working out well the first month.. I was tired all the time which is to be expected. Then my StepFather passed away on 12/8/17. It's been rough. I didn't mess up my eating, but the stress and my weight loss messed up my balance. At first I thought it was I wasn't getting enough Water and Protein so I adjusted that accordingly and waited for my 3 month checkup to see if I needed to change anything. Dr. Le said to see an ear nose and throat doctor which I did yesterday. I have been scheduled for a VNG test next week to see what's going on with my Vestibular Integrity. Cross your fingers... Prayers.. Good Vibes... Good Juju's I'll take it all that the test reveal it's a quick and easy fix.

I'm sorry about your stepdad. Fingers crossed for your checkup. You look great by the way!

On 4/3/2018 at 6:36 PM, LylaLovesCoffee said:

Also on a side note.. NSV.. I managed to be able to cross my legs again. I'm wearing a men's XL pajama pants. They were my Late StepFather's PJ's I miss him soo much.

HW 421

SW 344

CW 296

GW 170

2018-03-28 02.28.47-2.jpg

2018-03-25 05.23.50.jpg

So sorry about your stepdad. Hope you are okay <3

kind of sad about my weight loss stall but glad to read that we're all going through it and that it seems normal

I had the same stall just in the past few weeks. Just had knee replacement surgery a couple weeks ago so hoping to break through the stall . Still trying to stay under 1000 calories which is pretty easy to do still, but snacking is starting to creep in, which I need to stop immediately !

Weight loss 75 lbs. since 11/20/17

Damn I wish I could stay under 1000 calories. That ship sailed almost as soon as I started eating solids. I'm probably averaging 1300-1500 a day and I get pretty hungry. Although I'm still losing (I think), but I have to get to the gym at an unreasonably high rate, and being able to eat an extra meal a day (I eat an extra meal whenever I go to the gym) is certainly a motivator for me to do cardio

I had the same stall just in the past few weeks. Just had knee replacement surgery a couple weeks ago so hoping to break through the stall . Still trying to stay under 1000 calories which is pretty easy to do still, but snacking is starting to creep in, which I need to stop immediately !

Weight loss 75 lbs. since 11/20/17

First of all congratulations on the 75lbs down !! Huge accomplishment!!!

I can relate I was sleeved 11/09/17 and I’m down 80lbs. This past month I have more of an appetite, which scares me a little. But I’m doing my best to make an effort to have low calorie, low sugar high in Protein foods and also when I do snack trying to make good choices like string cheese, yogurt and sugar free Snacks . I stay btw 800-1000 calories a day myself.

Is anyone else battling hair loss right now? I know they told me it was normal, but I feel like I’m losing ALOT! It is starting to worry me, because I can actually feel the difference in thickness of my hair now. I started taking Biotin a month ago, but haven’t noticed any difference. On a side note... I love this forum! Being able to communicate with and follow the progress of others who have been through the same procedure is so inspiring!

HW: 392

SW: 356

CW: 258

IMG_4156.JPG

You look amazing.
Biotin takes about 3 months before you notice a difference. Now having said that, I do not notice a difference. I have been taking Biotin 2 years before surgery. Noticeable difference. hair was strong and very shiny. Since the operation, RNY Nov. 1 2107- my hair started really falling out at the 4 month mark. Thankfully I already have thick hair but boy now I know how people feel with fine hair! It's supposed to improve again. Hopefully I am not bald by them. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using BariatricPal mobile app

My hair really started falling out much more than usual in recent weeks (although I'm a guy)

However I did start using thickening conditioner and thickening Shampoo . It hasn't made my Hair loss slow down at all, but I do look like I have more hair...

Edited by Mhy12784

2 hours ago, Crimsonqueen said:

Is anyone else battling hair loss right now? I know they told me it was normal, but I feel like I’m losing ALOT! It is starting to worry me, because I can actually feel the difference in thickness of my hair now. I started taking Biotin a month ago, but haven’t noticed any difference. On a side note... I love this forum! Being able to communicate with and follow the progress of others who have been through the same procedure is so inspiring!

IMG_4156.JPG

I am having a ton of Hair loss right now.. just started 2 weeks ago.. I was hoping and praying it wouldn’t happen to me.. my hair is to my butt and used to be so thick.. now it is so thin and looks terrible.. I have been taking Biotin and upped my Protein to nothing under 100g a day and haven’t missed my vitamins.. I am going tomorrow to cut my hair from my butt to my shoulders and I’m so upset about it.. cried every day thinking about tomorrow.. :( I pray it gets better for everyone going thru his!!

2 hours ago, Crimsonqueen said:

IMG_4156.JPG

Congratulations on your weight loss! I too am experiencing excessive Hair loss. I had my surgery 11/27 and my hair keeps falling out. I am going to try and up my Protein and see if that helps. Good luck with your hair loss!