Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

5 hours ago, Doreen0716 said:

Thats fantastic how long after syrdery did it take ???

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Six weeks-ish, I guess.

10 hours ago, Amy1234 said:

Surgery date was August 25th ...I haven't been losing weight since third week post op till now.. almost a span of two weeks ! How long does stall last? I'm just having the shake & trying to keep calories restricted

It lasts as long as it feels like lasting. Sorry I can't give you more info that that, but for everyone it's different and the reasons why you're stalling can differ from the reasons others are stalling.

I was sleeved august 22nd, I lost 13 pounds pre surgery and a total of 33, a little disappointed I am huge and starting weight was 326 pounds! I'm losing very slow but I'm feeling good just starting to be able to eat more and get my Water down and also enjoying working out, I was quite down for a bit but amazing how much better you feel when exercising

1 hour ago, Rach84 said:

I was sleeved august 22nd, I lost 13 pounds pre surgery and a total of 33, a little disappointed I am huge and starting weight was 326 pounds! I'm losing very slow but I'm feeling good just starting to be able to eat more and get my Water down and also enjoying working out, I was quite down for a bit but amazing how much better you feel when exercising

We are on about the same course here. My surgery was August 21. Started out at 299, lost 42 before surgery and 20 since. Second post-op appointment will be this morning so I expect I will then be allowed to go in the pool for arthritis exercises. I'm doing fine on Protein and Fluid intake but I know I need to increase exercise, and maybe I will lose more quickly then. I am getting back into clothing I haven't been able to get into for years, and I am loving that. Surgeon suggested 130-140 for goal weight. I think even 150 might feel just about right. Using 150 for the goal, I am already a little over 40% there, which I find encouraging.

I too am in the same boat. Sleeved 8/15

pre surgery weight was 356.6 (I'm 5'3") I lost about 19 before surgery and 56 total now. Doing ok with Protein but definitely not with Water. Not sure why it's such a struggle for me. Feeling better so hopefully ill increase my activity levels and see if that keeps me moving along. Went through a stall already, don't want another one!

Sleeved August 16. Down about 36 pounds.

I stalled for almost four weeks. I wanted to cry and I was really pissed. But it finally broke.

Sooooo, is anyone else going through this? It seems like every third day I am exhausted-like don't want to get out of bed can't move exhausted. And like every three or four days I'm starving. Eating like every two or three hours. And then every other day I feel good, not hungry too often, and have energy. Sooooo weird!!

18 minutes ago, KimmerAnn said:

Sleeved August 16. Down about 36 pounds.

I stalled for almost four weeks. I wanted to cry and I was really pissed. But it finally broke.

Sooooo, is anyone else going through this? It seems like every third day I am exhausted-like don't want to get out of bed can't move exhausted. And like every three or four days I'm starving. Eating like every two or three hours. And then every other day I feel good, not hungry too often, and have energy. Sooooo weird!!

i totally can relate.

Hi i had my op on the 17/8/207

i found tking the Vitamins hard they made me run to the loo so ive started taking liquid vitamins but it seems to have n affect on my mental state slightly a little irritated has anyone else had this ? i find also im snacking on stuff i shouldnt sometimes is that normal ? i have put on 3 kilo's and feeling horrible for it how can i stop this ?

A friend of mine actually saw a picture of me and said that my face is looking thinner. I dunno how accurate that is, but here's the picture I took:

IMG_1832.thumb.JPG.6c4b627a8fe08128e286dbc1b522c1d3.JPG

41 minutes ago, lovedrotten said:

I was sleeved on 8/31 and I have stalled for about 3 weeks now. It’s frustrating as all heck. I hope it breaks SOON!

41 minutes ago, lovedrotten said:

I was sleeved on 8/31 and I have stalled for about 3 weeks now. It’s frustrating as all heck. I hope it breaks SOON!

for me im on this rollercoaster. i lose 1-3#s then nothing for week to 10 days its crazy. im a numbers person and i depend on the scale for progress but im trying to wrap my mind around other progress signs like clothes fitting differently, stamina, and comments from others. its hard.

I stalled for 10 days but scale started moving again 2 days ago, im a numbers person too !!! I can telate !!!

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app