Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stress and the band - yikes!

Wondering if others are going through this. If I have an especially stressful few days, I really feel it in regards to certain foods bothering me, PB'ing a lot, etc. to the point where I actually feel like a have a nervous stomach, whereas I never had this feeling before.

Does anyone else go through this..and if so..how do you handle it?

:cool:

I can not eat anything when I'm angry or stressing over something. I ALWAYS get stuck. Also, if I'm in a hurry I get stuck even if I'm just taking 1 bite of something and chew more then usual. So, I've learned to only have liquids in these situations. Personally, I never PB but I do get stuck and it can last for hours!

Yes!!!

On particularly frustrating days with my kids...I notice a lot of restriction...it's so annoying because I normally feed myself when upset and then even that isn't working for me...which, I suppose, is a good thing since I shouldn't be stress eating...

Lorraine

stress totally tightens me. i cant eat if im all stressed, i will puke if i do. so i try to do liquids or soft food like some apple sauce or Soup. my job is stressful so i have a harder time to eat while working....... but better than before my band , when i would eat due to stress and gobble down 3 slices of pizza and then feel yuckie.........

I'm not a "child" person at all. I'm a dog person. I didn't have kids for a reason. :) When I'm in a restaurant and kids are screaming non stop and climbing the walls I just request a "to go" container because nothing will go down.

Yup. stress gets me bad. I just moved and I'm really tight. I've been in my new place for almost a week and it still hasn't died down yet. Add TOM on top of that. Bleah.

Speaking of stress and the band..............

I am right now as I type this having issues with a SBD protien bar because I am SO STRESSED over some RL issues..... damn!

so.. yes......... STRESS and TOM swell my band right up!

Speaking of stress and the band..............

I am right now as I type this having issues with a SBD protien bar because I am SO STRESSED over some RL issues..... damn!

so.. yes......... STRESS and TOM swell my band right up!

ok i have sitting here 10 mins trying to work out what a RL issue is :)

I was stressed for 6 months lost most of my weight then but I was so tight that I could not get any thing down and was not doing well at all, had a 1/2 cc removed what a difference that made. now I wish I had that 1/2 cc back. lol

Thank you all for the insight into this stress thing! I think this is one thing I was not prepared for.

I sat down this morning and actually went back over the band rules. It's nice to remind myself of some of areas I have been backsliding, and under stress, will really do a number on the band.

Thanks again.

PS: My daughter is getting marrried next year, so I hope I can get things under control by then. I think following the band rules is really, really important under stress.

Hi Maryrose: I don't have restriction yet but can feel that knot feeling every time I'm stressed, which is often. I'm almost afraid to go for my first fill because I know my life is in such turmoil. I'm afraid that maybe this was the wrong time to make such a life altering change. The weight issues were bringing me down too, so maybe I'm dealing with one thing at a time. Good luck with the wedding, so many choices......so much money!

Beau,

Good luck to you also. The first fill should not be too traumatic for you. I really did not feel much restriction the first few fills.

Just go easy..and tell the group you are under a lot of stress.

Also, take advantage of the Psychologist if they have one. She has helped me tremendously. They are there for us and are willing to help...that is their job..so take advantage!