Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NO Carbonated beverages- FOREVER!

I love carbonated flavored water, but I no longer drink it with carbonation. I buy it, open the top, shake it, let it go flat and drink it. It's still wonderful but I avoid the carbonation.

I'm not going to say anything about those who live my drinking carbonation, they are entitled to live as they may. Just as those of us, who'd rather not take any chances w/ soda or carbonation. I work w/ several women who chose to get the Sleeve and I've seen them drink soda often, in the same gulp, they speak about gaining a lot of their weight back. They eat and drink things I've been told, I needed to stay away from. So, with that being said, I'll stay away from carbonation and many other things. What we do is our choice at the end of the day, we all may not agree or may view it as a "myth", who cares. Be kind and respect what works best for others, just as for yourself.

Now, I'm super excited!! My insurance just approved my skin removal surgery!!

12 minutes ago, heycrystal2052 said:

I'm not going to say anything about those who live my drinking carbonation, they are entitled to live as they may. Just as those of us, who'd rather not take any chances w/ soda or carbonation. I work w/ several women who chose to get the Sleeve and I've seen them drink soda often, in the same gulp, they speak about gaining a lot of their weight back. They eat and drink things I've been told, I needed to stay away from. So, with that being said, I'll stay away from carbonation and many other things. What we do is our choice at the end of the day, we all may not agree or may view it as a "myth", who cares. Be kind and respect what works best for others, just as for yourself.

Now, I'm super excited!! My insurance just approved my skin removal surgery!!

Soda has sugar and empty calories, and that's why they gain. Has zero to do with carbonation.

But good for you. You're right, you do you. But let's not keep perpetuating the same old tired myths. You don't want to drink carbonation, then don't drink it. People who know carbonation won't cause weight gain and want to drink no/low calorie carbonated drinks, more power to them. Whatever works.

1 minute ago, Greensleevie said:

Soda has sugar and empty calories, and that's why they gain. Has zero to do with carbonation.

But good for you. You're right, you do you. But let's not keep perpetuating the same old tired myths. You don't want to drink carbonation, then don't drink it. People who know carbonation won't cause weight gain and want to drink no/low calorie carbonated drinks, more power to them. Whatever works.

True, but that wasn't my point. My point was simply, let people believe what they must. Just as everyone on this thread did, they did their own research and came to a conclusion. It's more about respect and not feeling as though you have to "teach the truth". Your truth, may not be the truth for others. I, personally don't drink it because it gives me horrible gas that just sits in my stomach. Gas expands, I'm sure that goes into some of the thoughts shared on this post. Either way, the days are beautiful!

Science is truth. Facts are truth. There have been several people who have sited scientific evidence to show that it's a myth to no avail.

I know we are currently in a fact/science denial period right now, so I feel it's more important than ever to set the record straight using facts and science. There's nothing rude or disrespectful about that.

Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't mean it isn't true.

1 minute ago, Greensleevie said:

Science is truth. Facts are truth. There have been several people who have sited scientific evidence to show that it's a myth to no avail.

I know we are currently in a fact/science denial period right now, so I feel it's more important than ever to set the record straight using facts and science. There's nothing rude or disrespectful about that.

Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't mean it isn't true.

Lol, okay. Have a beautiful day :)

Yep. Need to debunk the legend. It's okay to drink diet or zero calorie (just carbonated water) in moderation. As always drunk your Water or your flavored drinks first and maybe save the diet soda as a treat. It's what I do. Once a week, when we have company over, on game night. I'll enjoy some Coke Zero over ice. It's a nice treat.

The Surgery is a tool, not the answer. It's there to help you learn moderation and how to live a healthier life style.

Yeah I sorta roll my eyes on the carbonation stretching thing. I mean seriously?!? It's AIR and not even pressurized air and once healed the stomach is tough tissue. Science says nope, though they did worry in the early days of the sleeve they later proved it wrong.

And yeah it relaxes some over time. Now a full plate? Suppose it depends on the initial size of your sleeve, whether the full fundus was removed, the size of your plate and what's on it.

I'm four years out and still have great restriction. No way could I eat a full plate of food unless it was a small plate and full of Cheeze-it's.

I can definitely eat way more than I could early on, but not a full plate.

Lol! My Cheez-it pal! I've never met anyone who loves them as much as I do!

42 minutes ago, Lord Nikon said:

Yep. Need to debunk the legend. It's okay to drink diet or zero calorie (just carbonated water) in moderation. As always drunk your Water or your flavored drinks first and maybe save the diet soda as a treat. It's what I do. Once a week, when we have company over, on game night. I'll enjoy some Coke Zero over ice. It's a nice treat.

The Surgery is a tool, not the answer. It's there to help you learn moderation and how to live a healthier life style.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Edited by Greensleevie

Truth is truth. There is no your truth and my truth.

There is not alternative truth.

Science is science.

If you chose not to believe science and truth, bully for you, but don't perpetuate it.

Kk. Have a beautiful day :)

Kk. Have a beautiful day [emoji4]

Eye roll.

And you have a gorgeous evening!

Some people are here to actually learn. Please don't stand in their way with worthless feel good platitudes. Just move along to the threads where you can tell each other how wonderful you all are and the only thing that matters is what you BELIEVE.

I've lost 135 and kept it off four years now listening to people who can back up what they say with science. I'd like to share that with the people who would like a similar path.

Multiple paths to the same end I'm sure, but don't discount people who want to hear science not platitudes.

Lol! My Cheez-it pal! I've never met anyone who loves them as much as I do!

Cheezits can not enter my house or I'd be 271 lbs again in about two weeks!!

And that my friend is FACT

I still won't drink anything carbonated. I think it is a personal choice that each of us have to decide yes or no. I am almost 4 years out and have not had 1 drink that has carbonation. Yesterday we went to our get together with family. They had Barbqued hamburgers and all the fixings with chips and dip and of course ice cold beer!! Before muy RNY if I drank (very rarely) my choice was COORS LIGHT!! Nogt had anything but I did have some wine. That is a different story. So as I a eating my hot dog (without anything on it) and my little tablespoon of potato salad, I said that I was extremely thristy. My SIL said why aren't you drinking. Which I said because I still try to follow all of my guidelines from my surgery!! She couldn't beleive that I still follow what I was told to keep myself at my goal weight of 125#'s. I also know that it hurts my pouch if I drink to soon. For me I try to stay on the safe side when we are out because I don't want to get sick around everyone. But I can share a few things that I use for drinking. I love love Diet Peach Snapple tea, the little packages flavored water packs work great for me. If you are missing soda they carry ROOT BEER (SF of course) Orange grape to state a few of them. These taste just lie pop without the carbonation. Great stuff. I guess what I was trying to say is only you can make the decsion if you will drink pop or not. Good Luck

Where do you find root beer flavor packs? I've only seen the reg flavor so around this rural town

Sadly, there is a high level of narcissism on this thread from certain people, and that's okay. The gist of what I was saying, let people believe what makes them happy. Encourage them to stay on track, not belittle them on what you believe to be true. I did look for carbonation and the sleeve and I actually found several sources that said it can stretch and some that said the opposite. You are not worthy of the battle, but like before, I will wish you a beautiful evening.

Now, onto better things, the cheese crackers were amazing. I haven't had them since the surgery, enjoy one for me! :)