Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy Dumping Syndrome, Batman!

Oh it was horrific. I just had another round of vomiting and it was not fun at all! I don't ever want to experience this again!

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I remember when my sister ate a Hershey's kiss after her RNY and dumped. She was petrified after that. Feel better!

That is not dumping. My doctor says that is sweats, nausea, diarrhea, flu symptoms, heart racing..

I have had what you had (twice) after eating some chicken breast and it hurts so bad! I'm waiting a while to try it again.

Oh ok... Yeah, it felt like the worst indigestion of my life. Is that what you felt too?

It was not, I get it. Whatever it was, it felt like I was in Hell...

18 hours ago, mrsroyale said:

Lots of pain, lots of burping, lots of saliva building up in my mouth, but the craziest thing was my sinuses got really stuffy for some reason.

That sure as heck sounds like dumping to me. I've experienced dumping several times after getting approved for normal food. Only once or twice did I experience the running to the bathroom. But every single time I had the drooling, slimy feeling. Sometimes there would be a foamy saliva, sometimes excessive sweating, but always a general feeling of awfulness. It is not always diarrhea and stomach cramping. Nor is it limited to the symptoms I described.

I've never heard of anyone dumping from chicken breast, but I guess it could happen if it was actually fried or smothered in some sort of sauce. Generally it is caused by a higher fat or sugar content, but simple carbs or vegetable fats (avocado) can cause it. Regardless if you experienced dumping or severe indigestion, it sucked.

Yes, it was hell, I am not going to sugar coat it. It was one of the most horrifying things I have ever experienced in my life.

Dumping doesn't feel like indigestion. It's diarrhea with stomach cramping. It comes on quickly and goes away.

Not always. Mine started out feeling uncomfortably full. Then a lot of burping. Then excess saliva and intense nausea. Taking an Gas X tablet helped. I never had diarrhea or vomiting. It's different for everyone. Eat SLOWLY. Don't eat to much.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh believe me, I have learned a very valuable lesson yesterday. I am supposed to start on soft foods this Thursday (eggs, chichen, tuna) and I am terrified! There is a lot of conditioning involved in this surgery and I have learned my lesson the hard way!

Ugh, I feel your pain! The worst "dumping" I ever experienced was when I went to a usual restaurant with my fiancé. They have been amazing with accommodating me after my surgery and will make me a plain chicken breast and veggie plate for just a few dollars! Well they got a new cook who was unaware of my restrictions and cooked my chicken breast on the flat top where they warm the buttered Buns for burgers/sandwiches. After 3 bites of chicken it was INSTANT drooling, chest pains, and stomach cramps! I left the restaurant right away and in the 10 min drive home I pulled over 6 times to vomit on the side of the road! It wasn't the chicken that caused it, it was the butter that was on the flat top! My body can't handle even the smallest amount of butter!!

Oh, I feel you. I was wondering this morning if what did it was the butter instead of the grits. I am definitely not going to try and find out...

Oh, I feel you. I was wondering this morning if what did it was the butter instead of the grits. I am definitely not going to try and find out...

My guess is it was the butter, but I wouldn't want to find out either. Grits aren't a necessity so if I were you I would just omit them from your diet and remember the pain they made you feel! Replace them with a steel cut oatmeal (there are some great overnight recipients on Pinterest, just watch the sugar content!)

It was not, I get it. Whatever it was, it felt like I was in Hell...

Don't ya love how everyone keeps correcting you? Hahah drives me crazy. I had RNY on May 31, and experienced something that I thought was dumping too, but apparently it wasn't. When did you have surgery?

My guess is it was the butter, but I wouldn't want to find out either. Grits aren't a necessity so if I were you I would just omit them from your diet and remember the pain they made you feel! Replace them with a steel cut oatmeal (there are some great overnight recipients on Pinterest, just watch the sugar content!)

@surrender Mine was a day after yours, 6/1. How are you feeling?

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app