Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy Dumping Syndrome, Batman!

@surrender Mine was a day after yours, 6/1. How are you feeling?

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm feeling ok. I'm super frustrated with the puréed stage right now... I'm tired of the Protein Drinks, and nothing else seems remotely appetizing. I'm down 17 lbs. How are you doing?

I've been reading post on this app for a week now, and a ton of people seem so damning. Honestly, I get a sense of judgement from the former RNY patients, so I refuse to post any questions.

I'm feeling ok. I'm super frustrated with the puréed stage right now... I'm tired of the Protein Drinks, and nothing else seems remotely appetizing. I'm down 17 lbs. How are you doing?

I've been reading post on this app for a week now, and a ton of people seem so damning. Honestly, I get a sense of judgement from the former RNY patients, so I refuse to post any questions.

I have to agree with you, I didn't post until just recently bc if felt like people were very judgements when others are just being honest and/or looking for advice/support. I believe that everyone will have a different journey and a different experience, we can make great supports for each other but no one should be making anyone feel small or degraded.

Feel proud of yourself for making a difference in your own life and 17lbs it's a great accomplishment!! The puréed food stage was very hard for me as well...I lived off Soup, refried Beans, and Protein drinks!!

I have to agree with you, I didn't post until just recently bc if felt like people were very judgements when others are just being honest and/or looking for advice/support. I believe that everyone will have a different journey and a different experience, we can make great supports for each other but no one should be making anyone feel small or degraded.

Feel proud of yourself for making a difference in your own life and 17lbs it's a great accomplishment!! The puréed food stage was very hard for me as well...I lived off Soup, refried Beans, and Protein drinks!!

Exactly! Glad I found someone who is likeminded!

And, thank you! I am happy, but decided to stay off the scale until my next appointment because I don't want to feel discouraged if the progress what I think it should be.

Are you off puréed foods? Also, where do you live? I live in California.

I have seen some people being a bit of a Debbie Downer, but let's try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes messages don't come across the right way online. I try to focus on the positives, that's what this journey is about after all. On that note, if anyone has any questions or just the need to talk to anyone, feel free to message me privately. We are all in this together after all :)

And yes, I 100% agree with how much the pureed food phase sucks. All I have in my menu right now is ricotta, applesauce and yogurt. I am tired!! Luckily I can switch to phase 2 on Thursday and switch tonsoft foods like baked fish, and eggs, and chicken breast... I cannot wait! But I confess, after yesterday's episode I am so scared to switch!

Exactly! Glad I found someone who is likeminded!

And, thank you! I am happy, but decided to stay off the scale until my next appointment because I don't want to feel discouraged if the progress what I think it should be.

Are you off puréed foods? Also, where do you live? I live in California.

I am just a few days shy if my 3 months, I am off puréed foods. It I have to basically do trial and error when choosing foods to eat. I only introduce one new thing at a time so that if I do react in anyway I have a general idea of what caused it. I still start my day, every day, with a GoGurt Simple in the car in my way to work!!!

I am in Arizona!!

Let me ask do you still have your GallBladder? To me it sounds like a GallBladder attack more than dumping. If you still have it I would get it checked since WLS goes hand in hand most of time with needing your GallBladder removed due to gallstones

I'm feeling ok. I'm super frustrated with the puréed stage right now... I'm tired of the Protein drinks, and nothing else seems remotely appetizing. I'm down 17 lbs. How are you doing?

I literally got on the app today to ask if anyone knows of any other apps or groups out there as this one is not very supportive. I have asked questions with zero responses or the responses I had been give weren't helpful at all and filled with judgement. Good to know I'm not the only one that has noticed that.

13 minutes ago, DC6064 said:

Let me ask do you still have your GallBladder? To me it sounds like a GallBladder attack more than dumping. If you still have it I would get it checked since WLS goes hand in hand most of time with needing your GallBladder removed due to gallstones

I do, actually. As far as I know my surgeon thought my gallbladder was healthy and there was no need for removal. He did give me a whole bunch of meds to prevent stones though....

I literally got on the app today to ask if anyone knows of any other apps or groups out there as this one is not very supportive. I have asked questions with zero responses or the responses I had been give weren't helpful at all and filled with judgement. Good to know I'm not the only one that has noticed that.

If anyone knows of another app, I too would switch! I asked a question recently about having a few sips of wine at my wedding in a month (I'd be 4 months post op) and you would have thought I asked about politics! I got a few people making polite suggestions but others just ripped into me about how stupid I am for even asking this!!

I came here for support and answers to questions I am curious about but aren't worthy of a call to the doctor and would like to help others the same way!! Feel free to message me if you'd like...I'm not a genius but I'd like to think my experience can help others

Did they do an ultrasound on it? Also that's strange they didn't just remove it while doing your surgery as most surgeons do because it becomes such a problem and quickly. Also you said you felt this before was it after something that had butter in it? Fats even in small amounts can trigger a gall bladder attack. I am no doctor and can only go by my own experience, but I had been having GallBladder attacks for years and not a single doctor could figure out what was happening, I was hospitalized because of it and no one ever thought to do an ultrasound on it to spite my symptoms. No one bothered to look until I had the worst attack I had ever had while I was pregnant. I was eating peanuts! GallBladder things can also go hand in hand with pregnancy and that's the only reason they bothered to ultrasound my GallBladder. Needless to say peanuts sent me over the edge and then I had to be extremely careful with what I ate. I had to have it emergently removed less than a month after I gave birth. All I'm saying is that it could have been dumping but since you had felt it before I could be a GallBladder attack and I would have it checked just to rule it out.

If anyone knows of another app, I too would switch! I asked a question recently about having a few sips of wine at my wedding in a month (I'd be 4 months post op) and you would have thought I asked about politics! I got a few people making polite suggestions but others just ripped into me about how stupid I am for even asking this!!

I came here for support and answers to questions I am curious about but aren't worthy of a call to the doctor and would like to help others the same way!! Feel free to message me if you'd like...I'm not a genius but I'd like to think my experience can help others [emoji846][emoji846]

I am also no expert as I'm only a week and a half out of surgery, but I have researched like crazy! I have this sickness where I need to know everything I can about anything I can especially medically related ha ha. I hear ya! I asked about when it gets better since I was having buyers remorse while being stuck in the hospital and I was told I need to check my mental stability. Feel free to message me as well, I haven't been able to connect with anyone about WLS.

I am also no expert as I'm only a week and a half out of surgery, but I have researched like crazy! I have this sickness where I need to know everything I can about anything I can especially medically related ha ha. I hear ya! I asked about when it gets better since I was having buyers remorse while being stuck in the hospital and I was told I need to check my mental stability. Feel free to message me as well, I haven't been able to connect with anyone about WLS.

I just went and re read that thread. Nobody said that you needed to check your mental stability. I said you have to do the mental work. You were having buyers remorse and my response was to try and help you. I felt bad you were down and told you it would get better when you felt physically better.

We are not always going to hear what we want to hear. No wonder the vets end up leaving.

I just went and re read that thread. Nobody said that you needed to check your mental stability. I said you have to do the mental work. You were having buyers remorse and my response was to try and help you. I felt bad you were down and told you it would get better when you felt physically better.

We are not always going to hear what we want to hear. No wonder the vets end up leaving.

Excuse me you said "you might have to do some mental work" over having buyers remorse! Buyers remorse isn't a mental thing per say, it's an innate reaction people have when they have done something and they feel bad for it or about it after the fact even though at the time it seemed like a good idea. Mental work has nothing to do with essentially a fleeting moment of weakness or questioning. I was asking when it gets better, when it gets a bit easier since I was going stir crazy and while you may not have meant it in the way it came across, it came across that way just the same. "The Vets" leave not because of differing opinions but because they are done and over it and don't feel as though they need this community anymore as they live their normal lives and no have the tools to succeed. Don't make this into something it's not. I didn't find your post helpful I found it condescending and that's my perspective.

I am lucky enough to have a friend that had the sleeve and another who had bypass and was the one that really is my inspiration to finally see his doctor and I am so grateful for them! Buyers remorse is said to be somewhat normal, especially when your first in the hospital and feeling pain. How are you feeling about it now that your home and working through the stages??