Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Boo Boo Kitty's PS Journey

This morning Brandy had to go back to the hospital. She hasn't been able to get any food or Water down and is spitting up stomach acid/vile and choking on it. I asked her if they even did a barium swallow yesterday after surgery, and she said no, they didn't. Which is odd, since I figured most doctors did this after any type of surgery having to do with the band. Usually when this happens it's a slip of some sort.. as I hear more, I'll keep you all informed. Please say prayers for Brandy to get through this well and that there aren't too many complications..

I have a feeling that they pulled her band down and caused it to slip when they replaced the port. I think that this what happened to me and why I had to have my band replaced. I had my port changed to a lower profile one after a TT. I know how badly she is feeling and my heart goes out to her! BBK you are in my prayers today!

If ever there is a Lapband SuperHero, it has to be you BBK, after all you´ve been thru. Hope they were able to help your choking problem.

BBK - How are you feeling today?

I'm worried about the choking sensation you mentioned. Please let us know everything is alright.

Oh, and I'm jealous, I don't envy all the problems you have had but I'd love to have a port (or a band) in a shadow box.

So sorry to hear that you are having additional problems.

You are definitely in my prayers!

A speedy recovery for you from all of this.

shelli:sad_smile:

CoolCrystal - thanks for the update. Don't know why I didn't see it a few moments ago. BBK is in my prayers.

BBk has been through way too much. Man! That girl deserves a break1

Sending you good thoughts and healing prayers, Brandy!

Hugs and prayers for BBk. Don't they know who they're messing with?

Take care and hope you are on your feet and feeling better soon.

Sue

Hey all

Thanks to my girl Crystal for letting ya'll know how I am doing.

Well after much deliberation, called Inamed and consulting with everyone on the book, they decided that I have slipped and are treating me as such, I couldn't get the barium down at all today. SO I am now completely empty. I am broken hearted and scared to death. I will be in resting mode for 4-6 weeks. They are hoping it was caught so fast that it can heal.

They had to access by the new port and the new incisions. SO I feel horrible there. BUT I am no longer chocking, but night time is the rest test they said.

I AM TRYING TO REMEMBER that I am hot as hell, lol....not that I have a big head but it is the only way I can get through this....ugh...

Bad news is now I am underweight, so putting on a bit won't hurt me during the rest. They want me to gain 5-10. MAN oh man, what a change!