Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Boo Boo Kitty's PS Journey

How are you doing today BBK? It was funny you said about your stomache rumbling...and hunger....mine still makes those sounds if I go about 5 or so hours! I just try not to let it get that long!

Hope you are resting well...I hear you on the lack of a bath...it took my port site FOREVER to heal and I was just able to go back to a nice soak about 2 weeks ago! I live in AZ and I couldn't get into the pool all summer long! I plan on doing Water arobics soon...I'll get sick of the water then...LOL....

Take care, Shelley

Shelley

I am doing a bit better now. The feeling of being hungry is absolutely amazing. :smile: NOT that I like it all. I am doing good with portion size, but I am fighting the head hunger. I will survive though, I will survive! :biggrin:

Glad to hear you are feeling better. As for head hunger...I have come to the conclusion that THAT is why we eat 90% of the time....

Otherwise, why would smell be so important to our appetite? The nose has it's own part of the brain..which then must be a direct volt to our hunger brain....

Enough musing...Keep up the faith and healing!

I am getting a fill next week and I am soooooo ready to find restriction...remind me of this if I am too tight!!!

Take Care Brandy, Shelley

Well all I wanted to update all of you on the end of week 1. It as been a living hell for me. This open band thing sucks, but I am getting used to it.

I have to say that I have NOT gained any weight! WOO HOO!! I am so happy I could die. I have been in a complete panic, because gaining anything is not acceptable to me. Neurotic and quite maybe anorexic, but I don't care, lol....

BUT I did it. I know that at this point I could eat anything I wanted, cheeseburger, Big Mac, whatever. But I haven't! I have had split seconds where I have thought, "do it now, while you can" But really what is that going to get me? I won't be happy with me if I do it. I won't be really any better off in the end.

Cravings will pass if you give them time and drink Water. I can get through this. Being open is not as bad as I thought. Not that by any means will I stay this way. I miss my security blanket Linus, as much as I hope he misses me. :biggrin: :lol:

BBK: Good for you! You can do it! It does suck to not have our friend working for us. I miss being restricted too. Kinda reminds you why you got the band in the first place. I also have had a lot of anxiety about regaining weight. But look at you, you're doing it! You can make it through the next weeks!

BBK,

Congratulations on your incredible strength and determination. You're doing wonderfully and are an inspiration to us all!!!

Big hugs to you :lol::smile::biggrin:!

:biggrin: Thanks to you all!

And yes, Karey being unrestricted reminds me of WHY I got banded, which I am using to keep me in line. It is my TOM now, so I am hiding out in the house where there is NO chocolate, lol...

Losing--thanks, but yours is MUCH cuter! :lol:

Fran--how are you doing these days?

You can do it Brandy. You are the one that busted your butt in the gym at 4am. that takes dedicatiton. You know what it takes now to not gain weight and will get through this time without a gain. I have confidence in you.

this is a reminder, as you have said, of life before the band...except you were NOT at goal weight...so enjoy the power that you are finding in yourself...Congrats and hang in there!

Big hugs and kisses to both of you! I am actually doing very well and I am amazed at myself. I have actually lost 1 pound, without even trying! :blushing:

Now, that being said I will stop loosing weight! :)

Well, that is great! Am I the only one who ever went to the doc and gained 3 pounds this month....I think Denise was right when she reminded me that refried Beans are a lot of carbs!!!

I am sure the chips and salsa didn't help either! LOL!

Well, soon I can exercise and I now have had my third fill...I hope three's a charm.... I have 7cc's in a 9cc band!

Cheers! Shelley

Well, that is great! Am I the only one who ever went to the doc and gained 3 pounds this month....I think Denise was right when she reminded me that refried Beans are a lot of carbs!!!

I am sure the chips and salsa didn't help either! LOL!

Well, soon I can exercise and I now have had my third fill...I hope three's a charm.... I have 7cc's in a 9cc band!

Cheers! Shelley

Awwww Shelley, I am so sorry! I am SURE you are NOT the only one! :)

Is it that TOM? I know that kills me!

BBK - I am absolutely transfixed by your story and all the great info you have posted. I'm sure I speak for some others when I say I am absolutely honored to have been let into such a personal journey. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing so much of yourself.:)

I pray that everything works out fine for you...I have yet to be scheduled for my band surgery - I have my psych appt and nutritionist appt next week. I'm hoping that I will be scheduled for my band before Christmas.

You are an inspiration - I LOVE your pinup girl photos! You look amazing - fantastic! I find so much to relate to in your story...I need to lose 120 lbs - currently at 260. I am also full-busted - currently wearing a 40JJ, so I feel your pain on that one. I also understand and relate to NOT wanting the "girls" not to be too small...I LOVE being full-busted! :cool2:

I'll continue to check in on you as you post to this thread, and I'm praying for your full recovery from all surgery and that you will continue to fly high and prosper.

Bless you, darlin' for all those you have helped (and continue to help, like me)!!:unsure: