Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im always tired and weak. (12 days since surgery)

I had my surgery 12 days ago, and I know Im suppose to rest and whatever. And mostly I am. I walk a bit or use elliptical but not long. 15 mins tops at a time.

Im always tired. Always. Before surgery Id sleep 6 to 8 hrs a day. Now I sleep 10 to 12. Im tired throughout the day and sometimes take naps. Is this normal?

My diet is clear liquid although Ive cheated and had a few spoonfuls of Soup or a teaspoon of Peanut Butter. (Saved my sanity) I drink lots of fluids and get about 30g of Protein a day, trying to work up to more.

I just have no energy. I really wanted to start working out but my legs are unstable or I want to sleep.

I read of people doing long walks or exercises within first 2 weeks of surgery. Here I am exhausted.

Sent from my SM-G920F using BariatricPal mobile app

6 minutes ago, Joann454 said:

Your Protein is low. I was told 60-70 grams. Is there a way you could get more in? Are you not allowed Protein Shakes yet? Hope you get feeling better.

Agreed.

You need to get your Protein up. Protein Shakes and Protein Powder were key for me in the first few weeks post-op.

I am 20 days out and have to take a nap almost everyday. I have been reading from other post this last until about week 7 or 8. Im not sure if your Protein intake was a typo, but your body needs at least 60 grams of Protein minimum a day. Let your body rest it needs it to heal and adjust. Good Luck

Your Protein is low. I was told 60-70 grams. Is there a way you could get more in? Are you not allowed Protein Shakes yet? Hope you get feeling better.

It is low. I just started getting protein in this past week as I couldn't stomach it. I just found ones I can tolerate bringing it to 50 to 60 g protein. I didnt know itd make me so tired. Its just hard to get it in on clear liquid.

It is low. I just started getting Protein in this past week as I couldn't stomach it. I just found ones I can tolerate bringing it to 50 to 60 g protein. I didnt know itd make me so tired. Its just hard to get it in on clear liquid.

If you are having trouble with protein and liquids you could try unflavored protein powder. You can add it to crystal light and such and it will up your protein intake.
Also, you can try protein Water. These are Clear Liquids with up to 20 grams of protein and it kills two birds with one stone.
I get my protein water at LuckyVitamin.com. The nice thing is you can order single servings, so you can see if you like and tolerate them. Then, you can order more if you like it.
Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon.

Try vegan Protein. They have it at costco & most grocery stores. That's all I use! GARDEN OF LIFE is packed with nutrients & 50 SUPERFOODS!

IMG_0961.JPG

Edited by SEAHAWKS FAN!

Being tired is normal, absolutely. Keep up with your body, and don't push it. Pushing it may hurt you, and dehydrate you.

Be gentle and don't bother with what others do :)

Listen to your own body, sleep if you must and shave some time off the elliptical, or dump it until you've more energy.

You are pushing your body when you don't have the Protein or carb to sustain that level. This can be hell on your heart.

Take it easy. You're only 12 days out ~

im lucky if i get 12oz in. im two weeks out and still using the med cups.

I'm getting my Protein in - 60 grams per day, but I am still exhausted. I'm 8 days out and really feeling desperate. It takes me an hour and a half in the morning to shower and blow dry because I get so weak I have to sit down over and over. I'm so glad I bought a bench for the bathroom before the surgery. I have to sit down to blow dry. Everyone talks about protein but what about CALORIES? I've looked over all the paperwork the nutritionist gave me and there is nothing in there about calories. 2 Premiere Protein Shakes are 60 grams of protein- super. But they are also only 160 calories for a total of 320. What are you all eating besides protein shakes for calories? And how many calories do I need daily? I'm not so much sleepy tired as just plain exhausted

I'm a week out and could never sustain 15 mins on the elliptical. Hell, I just took a walk and am sitting here stunned at how weak I still feel. A tiny walk! Im happy to read this thread. I'm going back to being grateful to be able to get in all my Protein and Water and minimal pain. I felt kinda badass back then (this morning).

Right? 15 min on Elliptical? I wouldn't have been able to do that before my surgery! I'm very out of shape and this is killing me. Mornings are the hardest for me, maybe because no calories all night long. Am I supposed to have a shake in the the middle of the night? I just feel I'm doing something wrong to feel this bad.

Right? 15 min on Elliptical? I wouldn't have been able to do that before my surgery! I'm very out of shape and this is killing me. Mornings are the hardest for me, maybe because no calories all night long. Am I supposed to have a shake in the the middle of the night? I just feel I'm doing something wrong to feel this bad.

How many calories do you get daily? I'm getting around 500. I'm retired so I just stick my hair in a ponytail and haven't used any makeup. Showering has been ok. I don't get too tired. Are you back to work?

i have to wait to week 8 for the premier shakes. im only eating 2oz butternut squash Soup and 2oz applesauce and 2oz yogurt. later this week i can have pureed foods and fruit added into unflavored Protein Shakes.

i have to wait to week 8 for the premier shakes. im only eating 2oz butternut squash Soup and 2oz applesauce and 2oz yogurt. later this week i can have pureed foods and fruit added into unflavored Protein Shakes.