Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New York City Sleevers NYC

13 hours ago, SleevedinSI said:

Hi Staten Island here. Sleeved 2/23/17. Nyu .
HW 315
SW 298
CW 239
Emblem health - HIP. 6 months dr visits. NYU was great. Need to start exercising. Keep Protein high 75+, carbs low30, fat low30-40. Melting away. Feel full easily.

I know I have to start moving. I hate exercising. Got to find something I like.

13 hours ago, SleevedinSI said:

HW 315
SW 298
CW 239
Emblem health - HIP. 6 months dr visits. NYU was great. Need to start exercising. Keep Protein high 75+, carbs low30, fat low30-40. Melting away. Feel full easily.

Hi

Please tell me how you manage 75g of Protein? How do you get it all in??

Hey! I'm getting my surgery 06/19/2017 I'm extremely nervous and I live In Brooklyn. I'm happy I found this app, because reading other people's experience make me feel less alone.

It's a great app. I'm from Manhattan. Just made 2 years since I was sleeved.

On 6/5/2017 at 6:43 PM, SleevedinSI said:

HW 315
SW 298
CW 239

HI Emblem Health - HIP here as well. I'm from Queens. I researched all the HIP requirements and what the dr.'s office failed to notice was that you are required to do a 6 month weigh in with your PCP OR.....3 months with your surgeon. I am doing the 3 months with the surgeon. I have my second month visit on Wednesday. I can't wait to have the surgery already.

Hi all, Queens here!!!! I have Emblem Health Hip and my surgeon is Dr. Merola. I am going through my insurance requirements now. hopefully having surgery end of August. Anyone else have DR. Merola and having surgery end of August/beginning September?

Try biking. I also hated the exercising because I was over weight but definitely easier now

Hello everyone! I'm another Queens resident/native :)

I got sleeved on 5/23/17 at Lenox Hill Hospital with Dr. Yatco ( :780_sparkling_heart: him).

HW 241
SW 230
CW 219

Currently pushing through the dreadful 3 week stall. *sigh*

I have two Premier Protein shakes a day that gives me 60 g of Protein. The rest comes from meat , fish and cheese as part of my meals. I have a vanilla Premier protein every morning with my 2 cups of coffee. I use it as a creamer.then a shake late afternoon when I get the munchy cravings usually chocolate. The vanilla shake as a Creamer works really well for me. I have my 2 cups of coffee with shake then I drink about 30 ounces of Water. All before lunch. Lunch is usually pretty small because I'm at work . Cheese and crackers or turkey cold cuts rolled up. Late afternoon chocolate shake. dinner 3 ounces of fish or meat and a few bites of whatever side dish I make for my family. That's pretty much it. It's working well.

Hi everyone...I'm in Bx and new to all of this. I had a consult with Marina Kurian. I like her but her staff has turned me off. I actually go back on Tuesday and I'm hoping that it is a better visit. I'm down 10lbs since my initial consultation with her.

5 hours ago, PrettyGyrl said:

Hi everyone...I'm in Bx and new to all of this. I had a consult with Marina Kurian. I like her but her staff has turned me off. I actually go back on Tuesday and I'm hoping that it is a better visit. I'm down 10lbs since my initial consultation with her.

Dr. Kurian is great. She was my surgeon. I just so happen to like her staff as well. They've been very helpful. Maybe it just wasn't a good day in the office. Give them another chance. Your experience with her will be amazing.

Dr. Kurian is great. She was my surgeon. I just so happen to like her staff as well. They've been very helpful. Maybe it just wasn't a good day in the office. Give them another chance. Your experience with her will be amazing.

Thanks for the feedback. Just sitting in a exam room for an hour, being told that someone would call your insurance to see if you do in fact have to wait the 6 months and no one ever calling you back, plus paying $52 in parking because of the wait was just a bit much. But I will give her another chance. From my research it appears she's amazing.