Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New York City Sleevers NYC

Lol.

I'm in NY but Im in Mount Vernon. Im just starting out and I have my first appointment with the surgeon next week. Im a bit nervous and excited about what is to come. I would love to find a buddy/mentor who I can speak to through this journey.

I'm in NY but Im in Mount Vernon. Im just starting out and I have my first appointment with the surgeon next week. Im a bit nervous and excited about what is to come. I would love to find a buddy/mentor who I can speak to through this journey.

Hi. How are you? I know the feelings you're going through. I was sleeved 5/29/15. I'm coming up on 2 years. I started out at 345. Went down to 195. Presently at 215. IMG_8234.JPG IMG_3757.JPG

Wow you look great. I'm doing well, right now I just want to get the whole process started. I hoping that things will go smoothly for me. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of insurance did you have and how long was the process for you? Oh also, where did you have your procedure done?

Wow you look great. I'm doing well, right now I just want to get the whole process started. I hoping that things will go smoothly for me. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of insurance did you have and how long was the process for you? Oh also, where did you have your procedure done?

I have 1199 insurance from my job. I had to wait 4 months for approval. Monthly check in with my doctor, psychologist visit, sleep apnea test, nutritionist visits. Once I did all that I had the procedure the following month. I started the process in January 2015 . I had it done at NY Presbyterian Hospital. Best experience. The surgeon kept me out for 6 weeks due to fatigue but most people go back after 2 weeks but everyone is different.
Feel free to ask anything else you may want to know.

And thank you

Ok great, I also have 1199 and I want to have my procedure done at NYP also. For the past few months I've been gathering information from the internet and books and putting together questions that I want to ask the surgeon when I go for my consultation next week.

Great. You'll love them. Unfortunately the surgeon that did mine left to become director of surgery at another hospital but the staff is awesome. They also have a support group that meets monthly. Ask them about it. I usually go depending on how much work I have. But they are very thorough. As long as you follow their guidance you'll succeed. It's also about being mentally prepared. Prior to my surgery I knew my eating had to change so I made a list of all my favorite places and enjoyed each meal slowly just to remember them. It did help a lot. Now it's just about maintaining it. The gym and exercise is very important.

Ok thanks I'll make sure to check that out. I love going to the gym. I used to attend several times per week but I recently got injured and I havnt been able to go for the past 2 months and I miss it. I hope that I'll be able to start working out again soon.

Ok thanks I'll make sure to check that out. I love going to the gym. I used to attend several times per week but I recently got injured and I havnt been able to go for the past 2 months and I miss it. I hope that I'll be able to start working out again soon.

Cool [emoji41].

Hi, im in Queens. I also have the 1199 and they require 6 months of monthly weighing with my Doctor. June 10 will be my last weighing. Tomorrow I have the second visit with my surgeon at NYP in Flushing. I already did all my evaluations that are required. Pulmonologist, cardiologist, psych and GERD. I hope that tomorrow Dr. Merola give me a tentative day for my surgery. Im going to do the sleeve

Sent from my D6503 using BariatricPal mobile app

6 minutes ago, dilenia1983 said:

Hi, im in Queens. I also have the 1199 and they require 6 months of monthly weighing with my Doctor. June 10 will be my last weighing. Tomorrow I have the second visit with my surgeon at NYP in Flushing. I already did all my evaluations that are required. Pulmonologist, cardiologist, psych and GERD. I hope that tomorrow Dr. Merola give me a tentative day for my surgery. Im going to do the sleeve

Hi nice to meet you, good luck with your journey. I am just starting out so I still have that long road ahead of me.

Hi. Interesting. That must have extended it. When I did it, it was 4 months and a few coworkers also waited 4 months. The important thing is to get it done. Good luck