Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Hey guys, I'm a Feb. bandsters, hope you don't mind the intrusion:smile:

Wondering if any of you have this.

I have a 4 cc band.

Just got a fill yesterday which will bring me to 4.6 cc's. Anyone else over 4 cc's?

Im nervous out being so high, from my understanding then thats it! Lifetime. I'm not going to be able to go beyond 5 cc's. Then its truely 'all me'. EEEEKKKK. At this point I wish I had two bands in place!!!!

Anyone have any similar experience?

Sula and Sunshine,

Are we starting on the pouch test tomorrow the 11th or next Monday I'm game for either!! Are ya'll going to stick with Protein Drinks and Water the first couple of days. Or do you think you'll add some clear Soups? Let me know I'm ready, I have pigged out today!! Not good!!!!!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c161/g145

I am starting today with all liquids. Not planning on Soup, but I also am going to take my quickslim30 to help me this week. Actually, this is good timing cuz I was really restricted yesterday and could hardly eat, so I'm in the right mind to be on liquids anyway.

I thought the menu allowed for cream soup? I gotta read it again.

ReadytoLose,

I hear you on the fear of being filled a full as the band can go and it not being enough. My last visit the Dr. said that they didn't have much further to go with the band fills. That really panic-ed me. That is one of the reason I'm doing the 5 day pouch test. Hoping that it will shrink the pouch and give me some discipline to go further.

Hey guys, I'm a Feb. bandsters, hope you don't mind the intrusion:smile:

Wondering if any of you have this.

I have a 4 cc band.

Just got a fill yesterday which will bring me to 4.6 cc's. Anyone else over 4 cc's?

Im nervous out being so high, from my understanding then thats it! Lifetime. I'm not going to be able to go beyond 5 cc's. Then its truely 'all me'. EEEEKKKK. At this point I wish I had two bands in place!!!!

Anyone have any similar experience?

I've never been filled to 4.6 - I have a 4.cc band, however, from my experience, a little can go a long way. I was at 3.8cc's and felt like I needed more restriction because I didn't have to take small bites or chew very well. My doc filled me just .2 cc's and it was extremely tight, I couldn't even swallow my own saliva. So don't worry that you feel like you won't ever get that restriciton. You will be surprised at how a little cc's can do so much.

I agree with you, I would love to have two bands, but I would like to have one for my head too!:cursing:

I am starting today with all liquids. Not planning on Soup, but I also am going to take my quickslim30 to help me this week. Actually, this is good timing cuz I was really restricted yesterday and could hardly eat, so I'm in the right mind to be on liquids anyway.

I thought the menu allowed for cream soup? I gotta read it again.

Yes it did allow for creamed Soups.

I was planning on starting today, but ran off this morning without my stuff. grrrr. :cursing:. So, needless to say, I didn't start today. I get a fill tomorrow - OMG, yay! :blink: So, I plan on starting tomorrow now.

Readytoloose,

I have a 4cc band and mine is at 4ccs now. Some days I think I could stand another fill, but others it feels just right. I tried to go up just .2ccs before Christmas and could not even swallow the cup of Water the doctor has you drink so they took it out. You will be fine I bet you won't need much more adjusting if any. Keep up the good work!

Sunshine - good luck on your fill tomorrow and starting the pouch test. After your fill tomorrow let me know what your fill is at. We seem to be a lot alike.

Sula - Hope your day went good today! It's been pretty easy today for me, I really need to get to exercising. I intend to do that later tonight. I've only had 2 dr Atkins shakes and 32 oz of water. I'm really not feeling hungery, hope that holds out thru tomorrow. Good Luck!!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c161/g145

I am now 3 lbs away from goal...what happens? I guess that is a question I should be asking my doctor, but talking to him makes me crazy sometimes. I am still getting over the pneumonia and have to go for a chest xray this week to check if I got rid of the infection.

I would think that the band would be loosened or something when goal is attained, but considering I only have probably just over 1cc in my band, I can't imagine how much of a difference it is gonna make for me.

And now that I am close to goal, I am being sucked into the weird unrealistic goal thinking. I am about to hit a weight that is considered "normal" for my height and frame, and physically I look good, but I still see myself as "fat", and keep thinking about women my height who are 115-120 lbs, which still makes me like 25 lbs heavier than that. Then I think that maybe I should just keep losing weight, even though the people around me tell me to stop. Does anyone else struggle with these thoughts?

thanks for all who listened!!! I appreciated it.

with 4.6cc's it does feel too tight, I will have to go to doc's by weeks end if it doesn't loosen some. Cant eat anything (not even icecream, without it coming back to me) had 3 tablespoons of chicken broth today. (not succesfully) But being on the liquid only phase I have dropped lbs. exactly, idk I want to wait a week to find out!

Good luck all

Angyl--congrats on your success. That is really something. And very little fill. You must have worked so hard. I understand the temptation to be seduced into thinking 115-120 is the ideal. I remember that from when I was 16 and probably weighed 140. I got really sick and was in the hospital for a week and was down to 120. That was the magical number that said I weighed just right. It lasted until I felt better and crept back up (and beyond).

I think that it the mental battle. I fight it at both ends now. Maybe I should settle for a goal weight above what the charts or BMI says...then I'd be successful or whatever. And then the inside thoughts...naw...120 is where it is at. I initially thought 170 would be my goal weight. I had a body fat test done years ago and that said I should weigh 173. But more realisitically, I should probably be at 160. Which sounds high, huh? Make myself crazy.

Anyway, yesterday was successful with day one of liquids. I also did a pilates/yoga DVD at my office. So I was a good girl. Today is off and running. Probably do the same routine. It is funny how exercising so much self-control make you feel stronger.

Sunshine - good luck on your fill tomorrow and starting the pouch test. After your fill tomorrow let me know what your fill is at. We seem to be a lot alike.

Debbie - we are a lot of like, even our stats are similar. I just came back from my fill, and he withdrew my current fill and only got about 2.5cc's out, which is normal. They never get out the exact amount they put in, they say because some is still in the tubing?

Anyhow, since I've had so much problems with the last two fills and completely closing up, he said he is going to take it a little slower. GRRRR. But I'm really not complaining too much, because I feel some good restriction right now - he filled me up to 3.5cc's and as I'm sipping on some warm coffee this morning, I can hear and feel it slowly gurlgle thru. It's embarrassing as it is loud. lol. I've already called the office and waiting on a call back to schedule my next fill. He said he will fill me up at 1cc or 2 ccs until we get the perfect sweet spot. If my fill appt comes around and I don't feel that I need one, I will just cancel it. But since it takes so long to get into a fill, I'm going to go ahead and schedule it in case this fill loosens up too much. The last time I had really good restriction was at 3.8cc's - and I'm only at 3.5ccs so I'm worried it will get too lose.

I am starting the 5 day pouch test today - brought my creamed Soup, my skim milk so I can make a Protein Shake, and trying to cut down on my coffee too.

I am now 3 lbs away from goal...what happens?

Girl, go out and celebrate! Go do something good for yourself, you deserve it.

Now, as far as your weight, how do you feel? Do feel good at your weight? Do you feel it is a weight you can maintain? If so, then you need to stay where you are at, don't look at those stupid charts. Feel good about yourself, you deserve it!

Well, I successfully completed day 2 of the pouch test. I warned everyone at work I might be cranky. But lucky for us all I wasn't! Now for day 3!

Sunshine - I know what you mean about the gurgling out loud there is me and another girl where I work that have had lapband and we were talking about that the other day. We were saying when it happens and someone is close by it makes for really strange looks. Hope your fill stays tight for awhile. It seems like the last one I had has really done the trick, I hope it stays that way. Good luck with the pouch test!

Sula - Hope the week has been good for you congrats on the exercise. I had good intentions, but I'm really struggling with the excerise lately.

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c161/g145

Girl, go out and celebrate! Go do something good for yourself, you deserve it.

Now, as far as your weight, how do you feel? Do feel good at your weight? Do you feel it is a weight you can maintain? If so, then you need to stay where you are at, don't look at those stupid charts. Feel good about yourself, you deserve it!

I was just posting pics on the before and after thread and I mentioned how I just saw a picture that was taken of me this weekend and it shocked me. I still have such a weird self image. I see myself as, not necessarily fat, but at least chubby, still. But I look really thin in this picture. It's all this dumb loose skin. Not that I have much but it is what skews my self image. Anyhow, for those who may be interested, this is what I look like now.

I have my 1 year before and after pics on this webside:

Before and After: One year later - a photoset on Flickr

post-211506-13813136448432_thumb.jpg

Angyl, to quote Billy Crystal...you look maaaavvv looose. You must feel such a sense of accomplishment.