Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do I do it to myself?

You are so bad! I predict it will happen as soon as Larry Craig gets his guilty plea changed :eyebrows:

Any bets that she stops claiming she is licensed in another state under a different name?

Any bets that she stops claiming she is licensed in another state under a different name?

Hey that "many states"

"I am a band practitioner, and have degrees and graduate degres in nursing and education, from St Louis Unversity, Wittenberg University, Ohio State, UCLA and UCSF. My full resume is in my book.

Nurse Practitioners may practice independently, and many do. I am licensed in several states, under my married name - as many women are.

No, I am not banned from LapBand talk. There is a lot of untrue gossip floating around from people who are not very smart at all. Don't believe tham. Most are people who are doing poorly and possibly jealous. Very few bandsters have been able to maintian goal for years , as I have, and I'm happy to share what I have learned that got me to goal in 10 months, and allows me to maintain well.

My written band guide , and many other of my published band teaching tools are in use by several docs, including Dr. Curry on OH, and I have a comprehensive band book that will be released soon, and is suported by Allergan and has written endorsements by several well-known Band docs."

Yada - Yada - Yada

Oops I fogot another quote

"Lap Band talk is full of even more gossip and bad info than this site!"

Hey that "many states"

"I am a band practitioner, and have degrees and graduate degres in nursing and education, from St Louis Unversity, Wittenberg University, Ohio State, UCLA and UCSF. My full resume is in my book.

Nurse Practitioners may practice independently, and many do. I am licensed in several states, under my married name - as many women are.

No, I am not banned from LapBand talk. There is a lot of untrue gossip floating around from people who are not very smart at all. Don't believe tham. Most are people who are doing poorly and possibly jealous. Very few bandsters have been able to maintian goal for years , as I have, and I'm happy to share what I have learned that got me to goal in 10 months, and allows me to maintain well.

My written band guide , and many other of my published band teaching tools are in use by several docs, including Dr. Curry on OH, and I have a comprehensive band book that will be released soon, and is suported by Allergan and has written endorsements by several well-known Band docs."

Yada - Yada - Yada

Is that still posted anywhere? If so, that is a felony in her state. I'd be MORE than happy to turn that one over to the OR BON. Would you PM me a link to that please?

Does she really want to be arrested AGAIN?

Also, a few days ago a friend sent me something Sandy had written some time ago. Today she claims she got to goal in 10 months, apparently her (I think) OH profile claims it took her a bit longer.

She really needs to make up her mind. I still have the PM with the info written by Sandy explaining how long it took her to get to goal. I can post it if need be.

Oops I fogot another quote

"Lap Band talk is full of even more gossip and bad info than this site!"

No, actually LBT has the truth. She merely continues to spread the BS around OH like fertilizer on a farm.

Kind of embarrassing! Glycerine suppository...totally harmless. For babies, it's called Babylax. You're not trying to attack the problem by going through the stomach and bloodstream, taking pills.
I can dig up the post she made, saying that she took Milk of Magnesia and did a Fleet enema (which, since she talked about doing the MOM and what you suggested, seems to indicate that you recommended the Fleet), and said something along the lines of "and everything seems to be improved." And she posted about everything happening, complaining of both abdomenal pain and something that she thought was "constipation" that occured after she had a horrible episode of PBing. Makes me wonder if something else was going on that made her just think it was Constipation and that doing what you suggested relieved the symptoms just long enough that she put off going to the doctor, like Dr. Curry recommended.

Of course, you didn't cause her erosion. That had already happened. But it may not have gotten to the point it did (days of hospitalization, infusions, etc.) if she had gone to see her doctor earlier.

See, giving recommendations on a website is kind of a double-edged sword. We really don't know if what someone thinks is wrong is what's wrong. It's just a reminder that giving out well-meaning advice might have effects that we didn't intend, especially if someone chooses to take our advice over a physician's.

Good to know, but I always worry that any suggestion that might delay someone seeing their doctor in hopes that a home treatment might work could be harmful indirectly.

The discussion we had was accompanied by a PLEASE CALL YOUR DOCTOR! Nothing I said caused her delay in seeking medical attention. I don't have that much power! She was on top of this and so was her medical team.

I can dig up the post she made, saying that she took Milk of Magnesia and did a Fleet enema (which, since she talked about doing the MOM and what you suggested, seems to indicate that you recommended the Fleet), and said something along the lines of "and everything seems to be improved." And she posted about everything happening, complaining of both abdomenal pain and something that she thought was "constipation" that occured after she had a horrible episode of PBing. Makes me wonder if something else was going on that made her just think it was Constipation and that doing what you suggested relieved the symptoms just long enough that she put off going to the doctor, like Dr. Curry recommended.

Of course, you didn't cause her erosion. That had already happened. But it may not have gotten to the point it did (days of hospitalization, infusions, etc.) if she had gone to see her doctor earlier.

See, giving recommendations on a website is kind of a double-edged sword. We really don't know if what someone thinks is wrong is what's wrong. It's just a reminder that giving out well-meaning advice might have effects that we didn't intend, especially if someone chooses to take our advice over a physician's.

Interesting...but not what happened here. Yes, I suppose such a scenario is possible. From mild constipation (which is where she was when we spoke) to band erosion is quite a stretch. Have you every been constipated?

Anyone who knows B, knows she would NEVER take anyone's opinion over her own docs. At the first sign of more serious symptoms she went in right away.

Interesting...but not what happened here. Yes, I suppose such a scenario is possible. From mild Constipation (which is where she was when we spoke) to band erosion is quite a stretch. Have you every been constipated?

Anyone who knows B, knows she would NEVER take anyone's opinion over her own docs. At the first sign of more serious symptoms she went in right away.

She didn't ask for suggestions on the board until she had that bad episode of PBing. No mention of constipation until she had that. And she was apparently thought it was severe enough to ask for help on the board, since she'd already tried MOM unsuccessfully. She said she had pressure on her diaphagm and some sort of other pain she had had previously when constipated, and because of that, thought it was constipation. Again, this occured after her severe PB. Even Dr. C recommended that she go in for an unfill immediately. If she had, her erosion may have been caught sooner. And while she may not take other opinions over her doc's, she took your opinion over Dr. C's. She even posted that she felt well enough to avoid going to the doctor, afterwards.

Normal constipation is one thing. Sudden constipation after having a severe episode of PBing is another.

I'm not saying that you caused her to lose her band. We all know that it was unavoidable at the time. But when a medical situation might be related to a potentially severe band complication, "talk to your doctor" should always be the first advice given.

It's not exactly a leap to think that the two may have been connected, that she really wasn't truly constipated at all, just experiencing similar symptoms. Again, she was already eroded at the time. Nothing you could have done or said could have saved her band. But if she'd gone to see her doctor or surgeon instead of asking for and taking online advice, she may not have gotten as sick as she did.

Honestly, it's a lesson to the rest of us. I'm not suggesting that we all become hypochondriacs and start thinking that everything that happens to our bodies is because of the band. Obviously, that's stupid. If, though, we suddenly have an onset of symptoms after a problem with the band, the first place that we ask advice should be the surgeon's office, just to be on the safe side, rather than a website.

Honestly, it's a lesson to the rest of us. I'm not suggesting that we all become hypochondriacs and start thinking that everything that happens to our bodies is because of the band. Obviously, that's stupid. If, though, we suddenly have an onset of symptoms after a problem with the band, the first place that we ask advice should be the surgeon's office, just to be on the safe side, rather than a website.

This is excellent advice Lauren. So many times I have posted on OH that people should call their doc and not just follow free medical advice off of a message board only to have Sandy reply that "most docs don't know" as much as she does about the band. Sandy quote - "I think you'll find that about 90% of what you need to know comes from other, experienced Bandsters. I sure did. Few docs, for instance, are trained in nutrition" I think it's great to get support from other patients but as far as medical and nutritional advice I think I'll stick with my surgeon and NUT. OH has a lot of resident "know it alls" pontificating the band rules according to Sandy. It reminds me of when I was in undergrad bio and my prof warned us all about getting caught up in what he termed the "cowdung" or "conventional wisdome of the dominant group".

Is that still posted anywhere? If so, that is a felony in her state. I'd be MORE than happy to turn that one over to the OR BON. Would you PM me a link to that please?

Does she really want to be arrested AGAIN?

Also, a few days ago a friend sent me something Sandy had written some time ago. Today she claims she got to goal in 10 months, apparently her (I think) OH profile claims it took her a bit longer.

She really needs to make up her mind. I still have the PM with the info written by Sandy explaining how long it took her to get to goal. I can post it if need be.

She sent it to me in a PM on OH that I still have. It has all of her info on it as well. I would be happy to forward it to you.

This thread is very fascinating...I have NEVER been to OH..nor do I intent to. I find LBT is very informative and helpful even to us'old timers'..haha...IT is VERY wise to never give out medical advice...I was banded in APril of 2003...in April of 2004 I had the most agonising pain..I was on a trip and wound up unconscience and in an ambulance...did not know anything for 4 days. They lost me in the 2nd ambulance when I was rushed to a city 70 mi away with bigger facilities...and NO..i did not see the white light..I wonder why actually?? haha..teasing here...BUT, my point is..it turned out to not be the band...was a pancreitus attack...which seems strange in itself because I DO NOT NOR EVER HAVE drink...seems the bile duct was closed off...the pain hit instantly and with such force that it was almost unbearable...My surgeon talked to a few other DR'S and they do not really see a corralation with the band...but..I am just posting this in case anyone else may have experienced this occurance...or..if you do have a pain that nearly knocks you off feet..remember...not everythign is the band..but it sure is a place to start wondering...

I am throughly enjoying everyones posts in all the threads!

Thanks

deb

banded APril 2003...been at goal for couple yrs give or take that dreaded 5 lbs!..Feelign like God gave me a new life!!..Go For The Dream!

Wow, it is a mess in here! Bits of popcorn everywhere! An empty MOM bottle ! Oooops, what is this, A POM POM! Damn, how did this get in here? Anyone know?