Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Awaiting approval...

My paperwork was submitted yesterday to my insurance and I am anxiously awaiting approval. I have a tentative surgery date of May 9th! Excited & nervous!!!

Yep. I'm waiting to hear back as well, but so far I've had to do a good bit of double-checking to make sure it's not at a stand-still. I called the psychologist a week and a half after my eval and she processed me that day. I called the surgeon's office and they said they would submit to insurance last Friday. I called insurance on Monday to confirm they received clinical from the surgeon's office and they did not, so they called the surgeon's office to request it be sent and told me to call back in a few days. Called today and they told me they "just received" the clinical.

I feel like I'm having to nag everyone involved to make sure the process is moving.

Good luck, everyone!

4 hours ago, MSinger said:

Yep. I'm waiting to hear back as well, but so far I've had to do a good bit of double-checking to make sure it's not at a stand-still. I called the psychologist a week and a half after my eval and she processed me that day. I called the surgeon's office and they said they would submit to insurance last Friday. I called insurance on Monday to confirm they received clinical from the surgeon's office and they did not, so they called the surgeon's office to request it be sent and told me to call back in a few days. Called today and they told me they "just received" the clinical.

I feel like I'm having to nag everyone involved to make sure the process is moving.

Good luck, everyone!

I've also did my double checking, the office said they were sending it in on Monday, I called office on Tuesday to confirm that they sent it in, then I called insurance on today to make sure they had it! :wacko: Now I'm just patiently waiting! Good luck to you! Did your surgeon give you a tentative date? Mine is May 9th pending approval!

Do your doctor's tell you when they submit it or do you call and ask them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

The nurse told me that they were getting ready to submit my stuff as soon as she went through my checklist and told me that I have completed everything. I'm praying that we all hear good news very soon🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾Approval and a safe surgery and a new healthy lifestyle!!!

Do your doctor's tell you when they submit it or do you call and ask them?

I was in office on Monday and they said they were working on it to submit, so I called the next day to see if it was submitted! I have great news called insurance today about something else and just asked about my status so they said I was approved yesterday. I then called the office and told them, they checked and confirmed!

Wow!! That's awesome. I'll try calling tomorrow! I got my date last weds

Wow!! That's awesome. I'll try calling tomorrow! I got my date last weds

Did you get your date yet? [emoji16]

On 4/26/2017 at 6:31 PM, MSinger said:

Good luck, everyone!

I've had this exact experience with having to push people along, it's so frustrating. My surgeons office told me that with my insurance it's about a month wait. Yet when I called the insurance company they said "we haven't received anything from them so far but on our end it takes 5 days." I guess that means my surgeons office is overwhelmed and backlogged and blaming cigna. lol. Oh well, we wait...

9 hours ago, MelShea said:

I've had this exact experience with having to push people along, it's so frustrating. My surgeons office told me that with my insurance it's about a month wait. Yet when I called the insurance company they said "we haven't received anything from them so far but on our end it takes 5 days." I guess that means my surgeons office is overwhelmed and backlogged and blaming cigna. lol. Oh well, we wait...

I am sorry to hear that, but if there is one thing I would suggest is to keep hounding them. Here's what's happened since I last posted about having to nag the process along:

1. I was told my paperwork would be submitted to insurance on the 21st. I called insurance on Monday the 24th and the told me they haven't received it yet. The CS agent was nice enough to call the physician's office to ask for the paperwork to be sent and called me back to confirm she got a hold of them to request clinicals. I agreed to call back in a few days to make sure it's in process.

2. Called insurance on Wednesday the 26th. The insurance agent took a mintue to search but did find the paperwork and told the review is currently pending.

3. Called Friday the 28th - pending.

4. Called Tuesday 5/2 - pending.

5. Called again this morning to check status. The insurance agent told me they did have paperwork, but that it WASN'T being reviewed because some billing codes were missing. :blink:

I tore up the phone line letting them know that I have been calling every other day to check status and have been told every single time up to now that review was pending. There was never any mention that codes were missing and my review was on hold. I asked if my case could be rushed, and she said "we're not going to do anything with your case until we have codes submitted to us from your Dr's office." I know the codes myself because I review the same type of surgery, but she would not take them from me. Ugh...

So I called my Doc's office, told them what's going on, and asked them to call me back to confirm the missing information was faxed. The surgery scheduler called me and told me she spoke with my insurance and, without getting into too much boring detail, they instructed her to submit the paperwork in a way that I, as an employee of this same company, know is incorrect. So..back to calling insurance. I asked if it was true that they only wanted one sheet of paper sent, and she read the transcript of the last call on my case. Apparently, the surgery scheduler hung up the phone on them during the call. :o

I was at a loss and felt like I was stuck between some ridiculous tit for tat between insurance and the Dr's office. So the insurance agent offered to call the surgery scheduler and let her know exactly how to submit the so it doesn't get lost in the tracks again.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to call my insurance... again... to verify that clinicals were received, and that they were received correctly.

This isn't a life-threatening surgery, but as frustrating as it is for me, I can only imagine how it could be for people chronic illnesses or immediate medical needs falling through the cracks like this.

Anyway, like I said... keep at it. Good luck!

I am sorry to hear that, but if there is one thing I would suggest is to keep hounding them. Here's what's happened since I last posted about having to nag the process along:
1. I was told my paperwork would be submitted to insurance on the 21st. I called insurance on Monday the 24th and the told me they haven't received it yet. The CS agent was nice enough to call the physician's office to ask for the paperwork to be sent and called me back to confirm she got a hold of them to request clinicals. I agreed to call back in a few days to make sure it's in process.
2. Called insurance on Wednesday the 26th. The insurance agent took a mintue to search but did find the paperwork and told the review is currently pending.
3. Called Friday the 28th - pending.
4. Called Tuesday 5/2 - pending.
5. Called again this morning to check status. The insurance agent told me they did have paperwork, but that it WASN'T being reviewed because some billing codes were missing. :blink:
I tore up the phone line letting them know that I have been calling every other day to check status and have been told every single time up to now that review was pending. There was never any mention that codes were missing and my review was on hold. I asked if my case could be rushed, and she said "we're not going to do anything with your case until we have codes submitted to us from your Dr's office." I know the codes myself because I review the same type of surgery, but she would not take them from me. Ugh...
So I called my Doc's office, told them what's going on, and asked them to call me back to confirm the missing information was faxed. The surgery scheduler called me and told me she spoke with my insurance and, without getting into too much boring detail, they instructed her to submit the paperwork in a way that I, as an employee of this same company, know is incorrect. So..back to calling insurance. I asked if it was true that they only wanted one sheet of paper sent, and she read the transcript of the last call on my case. Apparently, the surgery scheduler hung up the phone on them during the call.
I was at a loss and felt like I was stuck between some ridiculous tit for tat between insurance and the Dr's office. So the insurance agent offered to call the surgery scheduler and let her know exactly how to submit the so it doesn't get lost in the tracks again.
Tomorrow I'm supposed to call my insurance... again... to verify that clinicals were received, and that they were received correctly.
This isn't a life-threatening surgery, but as frustrating as it is for me, I can only imagine how it could be for people chronic illnesses or immediate medical needs falling through the cracks like this.
Anyway, like I said... keep at it. Good luck!

Wow. What a mess! I actually got my approval today, so fingers crossed for you too!

My surgeon's office submitted everything to humana 4/26 but it now has to be resubmitted because my Dr didnt submit the correct information and document my 4 month diet and exercise regime. So now I have to go and see her this weekend to make sure she submits everything correctly this time. Im so annoyed. I just want this process to be over..