Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a frequent lurker but never post anything on here. I'm 14 months post op vsg and am down 160 pounds as of this morning. I have been on a 6 week plateau because I've started to let carbs creep back in. I do feel great and work out six days a week with kickboxing, circuit training, and hot yoga but I'm starting to feel like this is it and is the lowest I'm going to get. Anybody else get to a point where they're not a goal, still have weight to lose, but don't feel terrible and think that this might be it? ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1492989901.152178.thumb.jpg.23ba796ec32c069e7d65dfb85efa3121.jpg ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1492989914.786664.thumb.jpg.866481d8f12a20ea5ccc92257cb15303.jpg

SW: 363
CW: 203

You look great! Don't fret....it's not over. WIth all the exercising you do, you could possibly be NOT EATING ENOUGH to sustain the calories you're burning. Once you add in a little more food/calories, you will most likely see a change in your body again. Check out this site, should help. http://eatmore2weighless.com/ Also, there is a recent thread of a fellow BP member who spelled it all out, let me find it and I'll post it.

Some of this may not apply to you....but be encouraged! Blessings to you hon!

@abbey 123

I stall for long periods of time. At least I scale stall for long periods, but I lose inches/my fat rearranges itself during those times.

When you have a lot to lose and you have already lost a lot, you can expect stalls. You are only 14 months you can easily keep losing. I lost over 40 pounds from month 14 to month 20 without even trying really. I still don't have a regular exercise schedule. I do yoga and walk my dog but with winter my walking has been minimal.

I don't eat carbs though, so if you know carbs are a problem, just top. Cold turkey, entirely with them.

abbey 123 I am right there with you in feeling, I feel I have lost as much as I can and will never get to my goal. I am at 15 months post op and still have about 37 more pounds till I get to my goal. Over the last 4 months I also have let carbs and sweets back in mainly due to a lot of stress and discouragement right now. I have a mental health counselor whom I haven't seen since 3 months post op. Called her on Friday and she can't see me until May 3rd. I know it is only 10 days away but feels like that day will not get here soon enough.

Could there be something in your life right now that is causing some depression and making you choose carbs over the Protein? Perhaps Newme17 is correct in her comments of not eating enough. Are you still tracking what your eating?

OutsideMatchInside It is good to know from 14 -20 months you were still able to lose another 40. The stopping of carbs and sweets cold turkey for me is very difficult at this point. I have tried and after 2 days of no carbs or sweets I am driven back to them. Any other suggestions other than cold turkey for getting those foods back out of my life. I know if I could just stay away from them I might have a chance to get to goal. I see my Bariatric surgeon again in July. That will be 18 months post op for me and if I go back weighing the same as I did at 1 year post op my surgeon and I will be very disappointed in not getting to goal.

Despite losing all that I have, I still feel like a failure due to still not being able to walk and workout like I know I should. My bike riding is just not giving me enough exercise and all the others ones make my back hurt way too much. I just wish the Doctors would have kept their word that at 250 they would have done the back operation. Now they are making me get to 180 and have all the excess skin removed before they will do anything. On top of that my excess skin breast removal surgery was canceled and now I have been waiting over a month for a biopsy. I just feel like the Doctors don't give a dam any more about my difficulties.

So sorry for the rant but this depression is really getting to me. Can't wait until May 3rd maybe the mental health counselor can help get me on the right path again. Good luck Abbey 123 your not alone. By the way you are looking fantastic. I have a feeling you will be able to finish the process and get to your goal.