Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is that one thing you look forward to so much, post op?

Clothes and fitting into regular chairs and airline seats!. Mostly the airline seats. I have so much traveling I want to do and I'm sick of my weight holding me back.

Omg overalls!!! My husband ADORED how I looked in overalls (when I was 13 to 15 before I got big). He's expressed missing it and wanting me to get another pair, but not only do they not make sizes big enough for me, but I know it will look horrible on my current body shape and would just be a disappointment for him.

HW: 328 (02/22/17)
SW: TBD
CW: 288

Pounds disowned to date: 40

Yes mam. Overalls lol. I haven't wore them since I was about the same age. 15 below. I miss them!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BariatricPal mobile app

I can't wait to have more energy .. I used to have 3x the energy I do now even just a year ago. I feel terrible that I'm not giving my energetic 5 year old what I used to! I tried to play kick ball with him the other day and it was rough running around the bases without slowing down. I also can't wait to wear skirts and shirts that show thighs without cellulite! And to wear a bathing suit and not be self conscious ! My surgery is this Wednesday and whether I get nervous I think of these things!

I'm already post op. Pre op I broke a chair, worried about what people thought of me, bulged my clothes, etc.

The thing that I find I Celebrate is how my body feels. When I move it is different, lighter. I don't thump so much when I move around the house. I can hop up out of a chair without creaking. I don't always ask my son to get or do something for me. I squat and stand without issue. It really feels so different as to be noticeable numerous times throughout the day.. The movement of my legs when I walk, the feel of my clothes moving against my skin instead of clinging, my skin is dry not sweaty all the time. I reach to scratch and don't have to go though contortions to reach that itchy spot.

I could go on and on. My body is unfamiliar to me. But it feels great.

I love this thread! I most look forward to being physically comfortable in my body. I have a lot of pain and discomfort from my extra weight. I cannot wait to be free of it.

But I have to say, this post made me think that someday soon, I will be donating ALL my current clothes. The thought of throwing out an entire closet of fat clothes is pretty thrilling!

For me, it's going to be airline seats. I need them in first class, but at least the seats are somewhat wide. In economy, I have to suck in my gut for hours and pull my hands in front of me so that I take up less space.

I'm looking forward to the clothes and being able to walk short distances without being out of breath. I'm ready to do all the things I have not been able to do.

This sounds so weird, but my absolute number one goal is to go to Walmart or Target- and be able to fit into their cute size 18 and below shorts. I see them everytime I go, and REALLY want to wear them. I guess that fits under the "go into any store and buy anything you see" category.

I also want to be able to have the energy to do ANYTHING at ANY TIME of the day. Ahhh, a girl can dream.

SW: 350 / CW: 318 / GW: 200
Sleeved April 13, 2017

Getting it over with and passing the 4-6 week mark with no leaks. Honestly, that is the #1 thing I am looking forward to.
Outside of that, I am most excited about the idea of aches and pains subsiding, improving the overall quality of my life (and lifespan, as obesity-related diseases run on both sides of my family) and a distant 3rd is clothes. I will definitely have fun shopping again!

Yes! Can't wait for the aches and pains to lessen/disappear!

Being able to fly without my fat touching the person next to me. Being able to snowboard without struggling to get up. Shopping will be more enjoyable. Also I'm looking forward to my heart rate spiking when I'm doing stupid things like putting on my shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk