Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prevention of sagging skin workouts???

Im newly sleeved and was wondering if anyone tried to specifically build up muscles in their inner thighs or triceps....as an example.....to try to minimize sagging skin? I know genetics, starting size etc. is all a factor. I really just want a muscle building perspective on the subject please. Is it possible to target an area to build muscle?

Yes! You can't target fat loss, but you can target muscle building. When you go to a gym, the machines frequently show the muscle groups worked on that machine.

If you can use free weights, there are many many exercises for your arms than can help minimize the appearance of loose skin but can't work miracles

If you can use free weights, there are many many exercises for your arms than can help minimize the appearance of loose skin but can't work miracles

Lol....hoping that I won't need a miracle but too soon to know.

Skin brushing? am going to have to look this up on the internet.

weight resistance exercises ,,, can not stress enough , everyone is running , running all their muscle away so end up with a skin coat .... The key is weight training , not Arnold style but at least 2 to 3 times a week every muscle , have someone at gym run you thru the machines , after doing your weight training then do like 20 to 30 mins cardio ... need muscle for skin to rest on , and when have definition saggy skin is less noticeable. if available in your area get a weight trainer , a trainer that will train you in weights .

I don't have a lot of extra skin, but what's I've founded is that general looseness of my skin had led the remaining fat to settle/sag lower, so even at 162 pounds I still look heavy in the middle and flabby in the thighs. So I lift weights multiple times a week with the goal of building strength and mass.

Weight training can add mass to fill out that extra skin, but It's a slow process, though. Adding inches of muscle requires a lot of dedication and time (years). But you feel great and look great. Even adding 5 pounds of lean mass is a major achievement (think of five pounds of hamburger - that's a lot of muscle mass to add to a human body).

It's especially effective for arm, thighs, and the chest and back. It can't, however, help much around the midsection as that area doesn't bulk up the way the others do.

In a couple years, I may consider a body lift to get rid of the extra skin and remaining fat.