What foods and ingredients can't you live without?

14 posts in this topic

So I've gotten rid of pretty much all the food in my kitchen. What should I stock my pantry with? What healthy foods can't you live without?

Maybe if we knew what you trashed, it would be easier to respond. I didn't throw out much because we have fresh fruit and veg in the house, meats, etc. We were never a big junk food house. All food is healthy, so long as it is not processed. My day would come to a standstill without Protein Shakes, Oikos Triple Zero yogurt, apples, Peanut Butter, eggs, cheese, salad ingredients, fresh vegetables and meat. Sometimes I'll have a few Wheat Thins. Damascus Whole Wheat wraps (110 calories 11 g protein) deli turkey, ham or roast beef. Hummus to dip carrots in.

sugar free pudding and Jello. Halo Top Ice Cream. Torani sugar-free coffee syrups for use in shakes. Two or three types of Protein Powder, frozen fruit for shakes and PB2.

Coconut milk (unsweetened) or Fairlife Skim or 2% milk.

Vitamin Water Zero.

How would knowing what I trashed make it easier for anyone to respond? I thought your reply was perfect! Those are just the types of ideas I need be inspired, thanks!

I eat the same things all of the time. chicken tenderloins and steamed broccoli. Dannon fit and lite. I make a great vegetarian chili. Sometimes I will eats whatever at a restaurant if we go out but just lost interest in food when I had the surgery.

For me it is mostly salads and chili. I do eat Protein Bars and Pure Protein Drinks.

2 hours ago, Redmaxx said:

For me it is mostly salads and chili. I do eat Protein bars and Pure Protein drinks.

Hello fellow Michigander ^.^

How do you make your chili?

Posted (edited)

Hello.

I use kidney Beans, chili powder, onions, tomatoes, ground round (sometimes flat Iron steak), tomato paste (I like thicker chili).

Edited by Redmaxx
LadySin likes this 1 Like this

2 hours ago, sc101071 said:

I eat the same things all of the time. chicken tenderloins and steamed broccoli. Dannon fit and lite. I make a great vegetarian chili. Sometimes I will eats whatever at a restaurant if we go out but just lost interest in food when I had the surgery.

Please share that chili recipe!

Looks like it'll be really fun to make, I enjoying cooking as well. I'm looking forward to learning to cook healthier versions of my favorite foods, and chili is one of my tops!