Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 07 Exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!

JM: I know you work out , sorry bout the milky way thing, we all make mistakes i was trying to make you feel better about it.quote]

Oh I know, I don't get offended to easily!!!:mad:

I will be joining the Y spin class tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it.

Good luck with the spin class it's a killer. If you have been working out though it isn't that bad. It's an Intense class to say the least. Just be prepared for some major soreness the first time for a few days..but man spin class is soooo fun!

JM I too wish I knew how many miles I biked in spin class..along with how many calories Im burning!

JM I too wish I knew how many miles I biked in spin class..along with how many calories Im burning!

Well, I'll be finding out how many cals burned next time I get to class, I just bought a heart rate monitor. I'll let you know what it says...

"the spin class it's a killer. If you have been working out though it isn't that bad. "

I haven't been working out (I am out of shape) but I'm not a weakling so I should be able to catch up so not to be out of breath! This is the beginning for me. I want to try spinning anyways. I'll do what I can. If I find it too difficult I'll have to choose a beginner class or begin just doing the treadmill for a while until the next spinner class begins. I can't wait to be able to say I feel better physically. I can tell that exercising makes you all feel great, you sound very energetic and addicted, that's a nice feeling I'm aiming for!

I'm ready for tomorrow!

I haven't been working out (I am out of shape) but I'm not a weakling so I should be able to catch up so not to be out of breath! This is the beginning for me. I want to try spinning anyways. I'll do what I can. If I find it too difficult I'll have to choose a beginner class or begin just doing the treadmill for a while until the next spinner class begins. I can't wait to be able to say I feel better physically. I can tell that exercising makes you all feel great, you sound very energetic and addicted, that's a nice feeling I'm aiming for!

I'm ready for tomorrow!

Thats an awesome attitude to have. And let me tell you a little secret. Take the spin class, if its too much, slow down, bring down the tension, stay in the saddle, etc. I still can't do everything the instructor calls for and I've been going for over 3 months. I do what I can, and I still get an awesome workout. So, if spin feels overwhelming, don't punish yourself with the treadmill, keep taking spin, and go at your own pace.

Also, a lot of the spin classes keep the lights off, and the music is blaring, so you're not even paying attention to other people, or whether your keeping up! Spin is awesome. But Di's right, you are definately going to be sore!!!!

I just caught up from this morning...you folks have had a busy day! That spinning sounds fun, but I've never seen or done it.

Yes, you saw right...43.96 miles on the bike this morning. (I'm training for the MS 150 in May, and 43 miles a day won't cut it for long!) It took me about four hours today because I was taking pictures along the trails at the park I ride in. There are always "critters" to be seen out there.

This afternoon I went to the gym and lifted weights for two hours. I am so sore! I was learning new stuff today so I can change up my workouts and not stagnate again. It's getting to be a lot to remember, though...I feel like I need to take notes on all the moves and what muscles they affect! LOL

WHOSYADADDY - I'm curious....my eyes are failing me and I can't tell what kind of bike you have in that picture?

Dibaby--- I really think you need to change the line under your name from working on hot to just ....'HOT'

DITTO

And Stefanie, 2 hours of weightlifting! Yikes, now I'm afraid I'll have to amp up my workouts just to post in here now!!! :)

Two hours of weight lifting?! wow thats alot. It might be too much. I do about 45 mins of it twice to 3 time a week. But i only doing upper. Your doing great though.

Yeah there is a lot to learn about weight lifting. I did it for years when i was 16 -21 so i read alot about it and kind of know what gets me results.

TOday: Week2 Workout 2 C25K and 30 mins swim.

They have an offical sign uo in the gym of the step challenge and i came 5th on it. The top 5 are in red. I m so proud. I will try and post a pic of it here. There were about 70 ppl that did the challange a few weeks ago. I bet none of them were as big as me.

WHOSYADADDY - I'm curious....my eyes are failing me and I can't tell what kind of bike you have in that picture?

O i nearly forgot

Its a Boulevard (Suzuki) M50 (800cc) Only got 1200 miles on it.

Cool bike! I love bikes...still have my first mini-bike that I got when I was five! We have two now, LOVE to ride! Nice to meet another motorcycle friend!

About my workouts...I know I'm addicted...can't help it! It's working and I want MORE! In all fairness, I'm with a partner so it's not solid workout time. He keeps me in line to rest between sets like I should. I work out one body part per day now, so I don't over do it. Don't let my stuff bother y'all, please! I am envious of you folks doing the C25K! I can't run to the stop sign! I want to...just not bad enough to actually DO IT! LOL

I need exercise. It will help with my mild depression and I bet it will help with the stalled weight loss, too (I'm due for a fill this next Tuesday -- that will help, also, I hope). My problem is this: after I leave my office at night, I CANNOT force myself to go to the gym. And I LOVE my gym, my trainer, etc. I wonder how hard it is to start your day at the gym. Anybody do it that way? Any recommendations from the Vast Sisterhood?

Blessings on you all,