Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 07 Exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, good! On Friday, I told myself I was going to do crunches until my partner got there. OMG He was late! I thought he would never get there! I did 360 of them! My grampa was with me at the gym that day and told him, "Good, you're here. I think she is stuck on that thing." (I use the Roman Chair to do my crunches so I don't kill my back and can do Oblique Crunches, as well.) Then we did two hours on shoulders. I still can't believe how many different excercises there are to isolate one muscle group at a time. I'm so thankful for my partner!

Yesterday my Mom and I were on my back patio having coffee when she asks me where my butt went! LOL I always had a bubble butt, even when I was thin, but not now! Now it's "normal"...I love it! (I still have my hips, which I am thankful for. I have never been a girly-girl, but have always been very feminine, and I want to keep it that way.) Then I tell her to feel my arms, and she about fell out. I'm not "squishy" anymore! She thinks my biceps are almost too big, but I don't. It's only when I flex them that they look that big, anyhow, and it's not like I go through my day flexing!

My mom has always been the thinnest of us three girls. My sis had gastric bypass in 2005 and is tiny now. Now I have the lapband. Unfortunately, my mom is at the highest weight in her life, as well, so I am about to drop below her and it is freaking her out. I wish she would go to the gym with me, but she uses the same old line about no time. I told her she makes time for what she wants, but then she gets mad. Oh well, she will do something about it when she is ready. She's only 60, so she can do it!

Yesterday (SAT) I didn't work out...shame on me. I feel awful about it, but things just didn't work out. So today I did my dumbell workout at home. I worked legs and calves. My partner doesn't do calves because he doesn't need it, but I DO! So this was a good thing. I did lunges, squats and calf raises for an hour.

I've decided that I REALLY want an adjustable bench and a Roman Chair at home. Time to go surf for them and see what kind of deals I can find.

No, you should start losing better again. Like I said, I went through the very same thing and I am back to losing well now, "knock on wood". It started back up just as abruptly as it stopped, so have faith. It is VERY frustrating, I know. I had set a goal of being under 200 by August 31st, which should have been doable, but I didn't make it until last week or so. (I'm so tired right now that I can't recall!) It sounds like you are doing all the right things, and you should only be able to add just so much muscle, and the fat burning will continue. That is when the scale will start moving again. You will be skinny-gorgeous for your wedding! Don't worry! Just don't get so addicted to weight-lifting like me...I probably won't be physically able to make my goal of 145 if I keep adding muscle...I have the larger frame to be able to add it. If you do, too, then know your limits, but don't stop altogether...it's good for you for a million reasons.

As for my current teeth-grinder, I had set another mini-goal of being at 175 by my big Vegas vacation. That is in ten days, and obviously by my ticker, you can see there is no hope again. Oh well, I'm just happy that I am losing again. And you will be, too!

I feel better. I saw the trainer yesterday and she told me the same thing. And that if I keep working with her, yes I am building muscle, but I can only build so much, and if I keep doing the same thing, I will burn all the fat off anyways. She was kinda mad because I was so fixated on the scale. I'm throwing it out right now, and I'm only weighing in during doctors visits from now on.

Oh, and yesterday 1hr with trainer, workout 3 of week 2 for c25k. Looks like whos is in the advanced group. I'm not sure I'll be moving on to week 3 yet!

Good for you, JM! I'm so glad you feel better and that you are sticking with it!

Hey JM! Glad your doing better!!!

I did Week 3 workout 2 today and then played in the pool with my daughters for a while.

There are some WEIRD ppl at the y sometimes.

This one lady got in the hot tub with reg shorts and a tee shirt, she safety pinned the t shirt to her shorts and she used swimming googles to sit in the hot tub!

This one lady got in the hot tub with reg shorts and a tee shirt, she safety pinned the t shirt to her shorts and she used swimming googles to sit in the hot tub!

Oh I needed that belly laugh! The mental picture you give is so funny! All she lacked was flippers! LOL

Stef---even more funny is if you can imagine, she sat in the corner with her back on one wall and hooked both legs over the side wall..very weird.

Today-- weight trained 30 mins...C25K Week 3 wo 3....Swam about 20 mins.

Oh here is my work kitchen this morning...

post-220194-13813135736623_thumb.jpg

Gosh its getting tricky to get to the Y.

This morning i nearly hit 3 deer and then there was a possom in the road playing possom.

Its like an asualt course.

Hey JM! Glad your doing better!!!

I did Week 3 workout 2 today and then played in the pool with my daughters for a while.

Thanks for the lovely mental picture. That's enough to make me stay away from brownies!

Oh I needed that belly laugh! The mental picture you give is so funny! All she lacked was flippers! LOL

Stefanie, don't you think she needs a snorkel? In my mental picture, she definately has a snorkel, and flippers...

It was family swim time so my daughter was allowed in the hot tub (her fav thing..shes 6!) and she would not stop staring at this crazy lady...i had to tell her 'honey its not polite to stare at ppl'....i wanted to say 'honey its not polite to stare at crazy arse ppl' .... if only i had my camera phone with me..

Oh yeah, I forgot, I was so down on myself this weekend that this morning I decided to measure myself. I took the measurements that the trainer gave me on SEPTEMBER 1, and noticed that I've lost over 10 inches!?!?!?!?! Thats amazing. I still can't get over the fact that I haven't lost anything on the scale though. Oh well!

10 Inches?!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!! My gosh!!! How do your clothes even stay on!!

Way to go! thats amazing ..10 inches and the same weight!! just goes to show i guess.

Good job!!!

Okay Saturday was a crazy day. Mom came over early and we spent the whole day doing stuff. I even actually bought some new clothes and went down another size in jeans!!..I felt like jumping around the store. I'm on the lowest size now at the fat stores so I'll be in normal stores soon!!

So Saturday was out for exercising although I'm sure I did a ton of walking around.

Sunday did 15 minutes on eleptical..then feet fell asleep so then did my weight circuit training for 15 minutes..then back to eliptical for 12 minutes. Also did 110 crunches. :boink:

Tonight is step aerobics can't wait!..oops forgot my sports bra..LOL