Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 07 Exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much posting since I left this morning! You guys and girls really DO camp out here all day! LOL

I went to the gym today. Two hours, biceps and triceps. Learned a new thing...Bicep Relays. That is TRUE PAIN. Thank goodness you are only supposed to do them once every three weeks or so! Now I'm worried...I am so addicted to working out, and now I'm getting muscles....REAL muscles. And I want MORE! I swear it's like heroine! LOL It's my "drug"!

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out if I'm moving on to week 3 or not.

HI Steff , yeah yesterday i was bored so i camped out on here and posted while i was talking on the phone.

Today.....C25K week 2 and 30 mins in pool swimming laps.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out if I'm moving on to week 3 or not.

Come on, JM...you can do it! You seem like a strong chickie, mind and body! Don't hurt yourself, though. I'm sure you know your limits, and I'm sure you also know that it's good to push the envelope sometimes. :(

Come on, JM...you can do it! You seem like a strong chickie, mind and body! Don't hurt yourself, though. I'm sure you know your limits, and I'm sure you also know that it's good to push the envelope sometimes. ;)

I felt strong, up until about a half hour ago, I just had a meltdown at work and started crying like a baby, and I mean baby. I am starting to act like I'm need to be institutionalized! Ahhhhh!

I'm just really frustrated. I feel like all this exercise is working against me. I really don't get it.

It really not JM...but i know how you feel. Got to look long term. I am so used to instant gratifacation in short term things.

If you exercise for 3 weeks you could get anoyed that not much diff had been made as i want instant grat...but if i exercise for a whole year i am going to have huge results..

I learned the other day that i have to exercise my heart too...it turns out after the age of 40 our muscle starts to decline --and our heart is a muscle..i talked to a cardiac speaclist and he said if you dont exercise your heart muscle it will get weak and your are guaranted its going to fail early. so 30 min 3x a week is the absoulate min our heart needs to be exercised to keep it healthy..

Here is another.....did u know that ppl that exercise reg are Waaayyyyyy less likely to get any kind of cancer? they dont know why but the numbers just show it...

I know that exercise is just part of a healthy lifestyle, but it is so annoying that from march to july I lost about 35lbs without trying, and now I feel like I'm not going above, but I'm going way beyond anything I had planned to, and the numbers aren't budging.

Everytime I've seen the doc since July its been a 2lb loss. What is that? She's tried to fill me numerous time from 2.0 to 2.2 and I can't even hold down liquids at that fill level so she always has to bring me back down to 2.0.

I know I'm whining, but I'm just super frustrated. I have the personal trainer tomorrow and I'm going to ask her if she will measure me since its been 4 weeks since the last time. I just feel so much smaller, just since running, and I even got a complement from the boyfriend (and he never notices) and thats really the only reason why I jumped on the scale. When I go home, I'm throwing it out.

By the way, I forgot to congradulate you on your loss. Geez, enough me me me already. Awesome job whos...:whoo:

JM - When did you start hitting the excercise real heavy? I hit it heavy in mid to end of July sometime, and immediately hit a HUGE plateau. I barely budged in weight loss for over six weeks. I was pissed! Then it hit me...my body fat % was dropping like crazy, but my weight was stagnant. It was because I was adding muscle, and as we all know, muscle weighs more than fat by volume. So I was really losing the bad, and replacing it with even more of the good. And the scale near stood still. That is likely what is going on with you, too...especially since you are working with a trainer? Oh yeah...don't beat yourself up...you are doing fantastic. It took six weeks or so for the scale to start dropping for me, but it could take some folks up to ten. Keep at it!

(sorry for such a l-o-n-g post!)

JM - When did you start hitting the excercise real heavy? I hit it heavy in mid to end of July sometime, and immediately hit a HUGE plateau. I barely budged in weight loss for over six weeks. I was pissed! Then it hit me...my body fat % was dropping like crazy, but my weight was stagnant. It was because I was adding muscle, and as we all know, muscle weighs more than fat by volume. So I was really losing the bad, and replacing it with even more of the good. And the scale near stood still. That is likely what is going on with you, too...especially since you are working with a trainer? Oh yeah...don't beat yourself up...you are doing fantastic. It took six weeks or so for the scale to start dropping for me, but it could take some folks up to ten. Keep at it!

(sorry for such a l-o-n-g post!)

Thanks for the post, I'm still feeling kinda shitty, but better than the crying jag.

That's gotta be whats going on with me. I didn't start working out until the weight loss slowed, around july, figuring that would give it a boost. I lost a whole 4lbs in 2 months so I decided to step it up by getting a trainer. I have been steadily losing 2lbs every month since then as well. Its funny, I know all the "muscle weighs more", "your building muscle and burning fat" etc, etc, but it is still really frustrating. I can't imagine that I am going to lose 2lbs a month for the rest of my journey, if thats the case its going to take me another 5 years to get this weight off. I'm getting married next august and I was really hoping to lose approx 50 more pounds. Even if I'm building valuable muscle, is it worth sticking with the trainer when I know I'm only guaranteed a 2lb a month loss??? I know for a fact right now my band can't go any tighter and the doc is less than impressed with the weight loss. :help:

No, you should start losing better again. Like I said, I went through the very same thing and I am back to losing well now, "knock on wood". It started back up just as abruptly as it stopped, so have faith. It is VERY frustrating, I know. I had set a goal of being under 200 by August 31st, which should have been doable, but I didn't make it until last week or so. (I'm so tired right now that I can't recall!) It sounds like you are doing all the right things, and you should only be able to add just so much muscle, and the fat burning will continue. That is when the scale will start moving again. You will be skinny-gorgeous for your wedding! Don't worry! Just don't get so addicted to weight-lifting like me...I probably won't be physically able to make my goal of 145 if I keep adding muscle...I have the larger frame to be able to add it. If you do, too, then know your limits, but don't stop altogether...it's good for you for a million reasons.

As for my current teeth-grinder, I had set another mini-goal of being at 175 by my big Vegas vacation. That is in ten days, and obviously by my ticker, you can see there is no hope again. Oh well, I'm just happy that I am losing again. And you will be, too!

Not much time as im just going out the door....Yesterday (SAT) Weight lifting for 30 mins....C25K week 3 workout 1 (Phew!) and 1 hour swimming laps.

Check in with you guys later ...KEEP IT UP Jm and Stefanie...I like hearing about your weight lifting addications!