Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie from Georgia

Maybe I could put something heavy in my pockets? Just kidding........I think (lol). I feel like I could eat a horse right now. I do need to work on eating more Protein, since she says it stays with you longer. I'm not a real big "meat" eater, so it's a little harder to get the protein in. When do you get your first fill?

Funny, I was just thinking as I watched yet another pizza commercial, that I could eat a horse also!! I am only 5 days out and can tolerate all drinks and even snuck in a little applesauce this morning. I can feel the restriction, though! I think some folks have more swelling and restriction right after surgery. I am already starting to eye the baby food I have in the pantry...(never thought I'd say that)

Tx

Stick to that diet you need to heal well to keep the ban in place. We'll get together and share a horse later!!!!:biggrin1: Best of luck and let us know how you are doing this thread has some great people on it!

Funny, I was just thinking as I watched yet another pizza commercial, that I could eat a horse also!! I am only 5 days out and can tolerate all drinks and even snuck in a little applesauce this morning. I can feel the restriction, though! I think some folks have more swelling and restriction right after surgery. I am already starting to eye the baby food I have in the pantry...(never thought I'd say that)

TX

Congrats on the banding! Sounds like you're doing good for 5 days out. What is you post-op eating instructions? I went to Applebee's tonight and ordered the veggie patch pizza appetizer as my meal. Usually I eat half of it and it takes a while. Tonight, I ate the whole thing and finished when everyone else did. Hang in there, it's going to get better for us both. Keep us posted on your progress.

This is day 6, and my post op diet includes one week of liquids followed by 2 weeks of mushies, then solids. Instead of eating a horse, I had a scrambled egg this morning, one day early. That was 2 hours ago, and I am still full. It is a different kind of full, but it'll do!! I feel almost normal this morning - went out last night to the movie store, and got dizzy and weak. But that is how I felt each time I started a very low calorie diet or Atkins.....so it was the lack of food, not the surgery. After the amazing egg, I feel pretty great! :hungry:

This is day 6, and my post op diet includes one week of liquids followed by 2 weeks of mushies, then solids. Instead of eating a horse, I had a scrambled egg this morning, one day early. That was 2 hours ago, and I am still full. It is a different kind of full, but it'll do!! I feel almost normal this morning - went out last night to the movie store, and got dizzy and weak. But that is how I felt each time I started a very low calorie diet or Atkins.....so it was the lack of food, not the surgery. After the amazing egg, I feel pretty great! :hungry:

Good to hear that you are feeling normal again. I felt pretty normal on day 6 or 7. Keep us posted on your progress. Good luck.

Hi Pamela! I just saw your thread about having PCOS. Its nice to see so many out there that have such similiar experiences as I do. I also have PCOS. I was banded on October 18th. So far, I have lost 35 pounds. I'm pretty happy with that.

How is it going for you? Do you find your PCOS symptoms are getting better? I am hoping this will help me and my symptoms. Did they tell you it would be harder to lose the weight because of the PCOS?

klpdbl - I'm in the same boat as you. I had an appointment scheduled for today for my first fill, but I canceled and rescheduled for the 20th. Even though I haven't lost any in at least 10 days, I've lost 4 pounds in the last 2 1/2 weeks. So I canceled. I figured they would let me have one anyway, they told me 1 1/2 to 2 pounds per week. Next time if I've lost too much, I'm definitely putting something heavy in my pockets. My will power is dwindling fast and I can eat most anything. Absolutely no restrictions here.

Since it's sometimes hard to get into the clinic, I've scheduled my next 2 appointments at 2 week intervals, they will let us do that. Then I can cancel one of them if I don't need them.

Your weight loss totals are great, but I do understand what you're going through. Keep up the good work.

Hi Pamela! I just saw your thread about having PCOS. Its nice to see so many out there that have such similiar experiences as I do. I also have PCOS. I was banded on October 18th. So far, I have lost 35 pounds. I'm pretty happy with that.

How is it going for you? Do you find your PCOS symptoms are getting better? I am hoping this will help me and my symptoms. Did they tell you it would be harder to lose the weight because of the PCOS?

Hey Stacey! Your weight loss is going great! I am very pleased with my results so far. I am having regular periods on my own. I still have to battle with Hair growth and mood swings. I hope the mood swings will get better as I lose weight. As far as the hair goes, I will probably hair laser hair removal once I get to my goal weight. Hopefully we will all be at goal soon and doing much better. You are doing great and keep up the good work.

Good for you. My daughter also has poly--- and does not have children. They have been married for 7 yrs. I am Nancy in PCB, FL, and I was banded in Feb 07. Wish I were doing better. I do enjoy my band, but do not exercise enough. I also enjoy too much ice-cream and wine. That is my down fall. Wishing you the very best. Band land is grand!

klpdbl - I'm in the same boat as you. I had an appointment scheduled for today for my first fill, but I canceled and rescheduled for the 20th. Even though I haven't lost any in at least 10 days, I've lost 4 pounds in the last 2 1/2 weeks. So I canceled. I figured they would let me have one anyway, they told me 1 1/2 to 2 pounds per week. Next time if I've lost too much, I'm definitely putting something heavy in my pockets. My will power is dwindling fast and I can eat most anything. Absolutely no restrictions here.

Since it's sometimes hard to get into the clinic, I've scheduled my next 2 appointments at 2 week intervals, they will let us do that. Then I can cancel one of them if I don't need them.

Your weight loss totals are great, but I do understand what you're going through. Keep up the good work.

Hey nip50! Congrats on your weight loss! They probably would have given you a fill since it was your first. Even though I had lost a good bit of weight at my first evaluation, she still gave me one because I told her that I had been hungry. After your first fill is when they start watching your weight loss closely. You should be proud of yourself, you're doing great! Keep it up!

I always said that I would never post my pictures on the net, but I was so inspired by everyone on the Before and After Pics thread, I decided to post them on there a few days ago. Just thought I would share them with you guys. We have a great support system going on here and I'm so glad we can share this experience together.

The first picture is me at 330lbs (Can't you tell that I did not want my picture taken) and the second was the other day at 280lbs.

post-224559-13813136001484_thumb.jpg

post-224559-13813136001745_thumb.jpg

<p>Great after pic. The difference is remarkable. Are you just busting at the seams and feeling different also? I have enjoyed cleaning out my closets for the last time. Keep up the good work.</p>

I've been throwing the idea around in the back of my mind about getting a gastric band and doing research since last year when I saw some bio on the Osborne fam and learned that Sharon had a lap band and lost over 100 pounds. Just in the last week I've been dedicating a lot of time to the idea because I gained back like 7 of the 16 pounds I lost last year that I had been doing SO good at keeping off. DAMN IT! It was like whaaaah, WHY do I even bother? I started just bawling with big crocodile tears and blaming my husband because he doesn't help me! Well, he DOESN"T, but it's not his fault I ate of course. Luckily he realized that I was clearly out of my mind and just tried to comfort me.

I think because the seed was already planted about this procedure a while back, I didn't sink into too deep a depression over it, and instead of sitting wrapped in a blanket in front of the TV I started reading.

Yesterday I called my insurance company--twice--and found out that gastric banding is covered. So since this IS a real option for me, I decided just to go with it and started acting "as if," like I learned in AA once upon a time (in a land three blocks away). I decided in my mind, "I AM going to do this" and read up on pre-op fasting and post-op baby food and regurgitating and Protein supplements. My mind started racing--just like it did right as I was deciding to get sober--and flashing all the things I won't be able to do anymore in front of my mind's eye.

I prayed about it, and I think I'll be able to let most of it go. I was really having a case of the ass about no more popcorn earlier today so I made a bowl. Just as I suspected, not nearly as yummy as I had imagined. I didn't even eat the whole thing like I normally do. Guess what else I did......I EXERCISED. No way? Way! I totally danced around my apartment for a half hour.

I realize, and I understand that to lose weight one must eat less, exercise more, and I've been on and off that bandwagon for 15 years. I wasn't ever interested in weight loss pills, speed, fad diets or eating disorders, and I really tried to do it right. My problem is that I get HUNGRY, or I lose motivation before I get results, primarily because up until last year, I refused to believe I was eating too much until I started a 1400 calorie per day food diary out of worksheets from mypyramid.gov and saw a steady weight loss without exercising. What happened? I plateaued, I stopped keeping track, I had stressful family issues, started leaning on food more and more, and I didn't pick up exercising.

I think I'm over the surgery=cop-out issue, at least for this particular procedure. I think this will work for me because it will nail down the thing that keeps defeating me, hunger. All the band does is restrict calorie intake, the rest would be up to me. No one is removing my stomach and small intestine. I will still get the credit if I succeed. And I REALLY want to succeed.

I never thought I would be 120 pounds overweight, not even in a million years! Believe it or not, it snuck up on me... 140 at age 15, not bad, but I thought I was fat in a size 10. 150 at 16, 185 at high school graduation... Then I started working full time at a bakery/sandwich/ice cream place, and four years later, surprise, 200. Then my metabolism started slowing down, I fell in love, got some weird inner ear malfunction where I had vertigo for two months, and once I got over it I sprained my left ankle twice in two months, then a long Minnesota winter: 215...225...228. Then I moved in with my man, we fought a lot, we got over it, we got married...232...236...240! Five feet two inches tall and 246??! One hundred and twenty pounds overweight. Now 110 over, not much better.

welcome riotgrrl

sounds like plenty!!

once I discovered the band I did the same my mind raced...i researched...read....and read....

this website is great for info!

I too am 5'2 and 230.

i hope to be at the closing end of this process... and crossing my fingers to be submitting to insurance soon!!!

good luck!