Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie from Georgia

HI Everyone!

I live in Lilburn, GA. Soon to be banded by Dr. Johnson with Atlanta Bariatrics & Emory Johns Creek Hospital. Surgery date is 11/26/07 & I am starting to get nervous now.... The whole thought of Surgery! Yikes!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone better here...

My insurance is changing January 1st and lapband is not covered. I spoke with the surgery coordinator on yesterday and she informed me that Dr. Lin at Emory, is already booking into December and he may not be able to get me in. She said she will inform him of my situation and let me know something next week. I have an appointment scheduled with him on the 21st to go over my preop results and to get my date. My insurance is changing at the first of the year and lapband is not covered in the new plan. If he cant get me in by December 31st, then i will have to self pay which will totally suck being that i have went through this whole process with BCBS. Any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys. :)

Buttercup, If he can't get you in ,can you find another doc who can, and request your records be transferred?? Surely he will work you in when he hears of your situation.

Moto,, It is perfectly normal to get nervous before surgery. This is such a major life change, but well worth it!! Hang in there, and welcome to the boards.

Amy

HI Everyone!

I live in Lilburn, GA. Soon to be banded by Dr. Johnson with Atlanta Bariatrics & Emory Johns Creek Hospital. Surgery date is 11/26/07 & I am starting to get nervous now.... The whole thought of Surgery! Yikes!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone better here...

Hi Motocrossgirly!

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery and good luck!

My insurance is changing January 1st and lapband is not covered. I spoke with the surgery coordinator on yesterday and she informed me that Dr. Lin at Emory, is already booking into December and he may not be able to get me in. She said she will inform him of my situation and let me know something next week. I have an appointment scheduled with him on the 21st to go over my preop results and to get my date. My insurance is changing at the first of the year and lapband is not covered in the new plan. If he cant get me in by December 31st, then i will have to self pay which will totally suck being that i have went through this whole process with BCBS. Any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys. :)

Buttercup, that's terrible. Hopefully when the coordinator tells the doctor your situation, he will be able to squeeze you in. I hope everything works out for you. Let us know when you hear something.

Hi everyone!

I told all of you that I had a fill on the 1st and I was feeling no restriction at all. Well today, for whatever reason, I felt it. I've heard others say that it can take a coulple of weeks to kick in. I'm not sure if it was a freak thing or if I'm feeling restriction now. At least I'm feeling something, I was beginning to wonder if it was really in there.

Well, I guess it was a freak thing because i haven't felt any restriction since that day. Hopefully they will give me another fill at my appt coming up on Thurday.

Hi everyone. My big day is this Friday the 16th!! I am so excited. My preop diet has gone so well I can't wait to get into real lap band mode. I just have one question ...how long were each of you really feeling bad after the surgery? I am trying to make family plans forThanksgiving but don't want to overdo it. Thanks for any info.

I was feeling good after 4 days. Went to Walmart on day 2, but i wouldn't suggest that. Remember, everyone is different, so just listen closely to your body. I would guess, though, that you will be good by Thanksgiving. And probably still not hungry due to swelling.

Amy

Hi everyone. My big day is this Friday the 16th!! I am so excited. My preop diet has gone so well I can't wait to get into real lap band mode. I just have one question ...how long were each of you really feeling bad after the surgery? I am trying to make family plans forThanksgiving but don't want to overdo it. Thanks for any info.

Jeannie, I can't believe your surgery is almost here. I just know you're going to have a great experience. Dr. Bagnato is wonderful and so was the staff at Palmyra. In regards to your question, I was feeling pretty good on day 5. I had quite a bit of nausea and I'm not sure if it was due to dehydration or being put to sleep. Hopefully you won't have that problem. Good luck and I will be praying for you.

hi i have pcos and its terrible im soo moody and tired my weight is out of control and my skin never looked worse..i hope to be banded in mexico my ins will not pay for it because i have a lower bmi...but i feel it will help my pcos so im saving up the 8500..thx for letting me whine

hi i have pcos and its terrible im soo moody and tired my weight is out of control and my skin never looked worse..i hope to be banded in mexico my ins will not pay for it because i have a lower bmi...but i feel it will help my pcos so im saving up the 8500..thx for letting me whine

Hi Smsmithart! I know how you feel. I have to deal with moodiness and fatigue all the time. I do think it has gotten a little better since being banded and look forward to getting even better as the weight comes off. Good luck and hope you are able to get banded soon!

PS- You should check out the PCOS thread in General lap band discussion. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/those-who-have-pcos-44999/

Pamela

Thank you so much for all your encouragement and prayers. You have been such a big help through this entire process. I am getting so excited I feel like a little kid at Christmas. When you say you had nausea did Dr B give you the pill to take right before surgery? I think it is called Emend? He said it keeps you from vomitting for a while, I think two days. I am nervous about that because after my hysterectomy a couple of years ago I was so nauseous I could ot even stand up. Any way I guess I am just tryign to find something to worry about now :rolleyes: Thanks again for all your kindness. Take care.

We have some thing in common, we're both getting banbed on the same day (Nov. 14, 2007), it's our anniversary. Good luck with the surgery and with getting pregnant.

Pamela

Thank you so much for all your encouragement and prayers. You have been such a big help through this entire process. I am getting so excited I feel like a little kid at Christmas. When you say you had nausea did Dr B give you the pill to take right before surgery? I think it is called Emend? He said it keeps you from vomitting for a while, I think two days. I am nervous about that because after my hysterectomy a couple of years ago I was so nauseous I could ot even stand up. Any way I guess I am just tryign to find something to worry about now :) Thanks again for all your kindness. Take care.

Hey Jeannie! I don't recall taking a pill right before surgery. I did have a nausea braclet on my wrist when I woke up. It almost looks like a watch. Its sends a little shock through your body and you can adjust the amount of shock according to how nauseated you are. I really don't know why I was so nauseated. The more I moved around, the more nauseated I would get. They prescribed me some Phenergan supositories that seemed to work sometimes. I've never been put to sleep prior to being banded so it could have been due to that. The nurse at Dr. B's seemed to think it was because I was dehydrated. Anyway, maybe you won't have to go through that. Don't be nervous, you're going to do great. I wish you luck on your big day. God bless.