Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie from Georgia

I feel great. I went to the movies and walk in the mall today. Hope everyone else is doing well also.

Wow Buttercup, you must be recovering pretty really well. Good to hear that you are feeling so good. Take care and good luck!

It seems that anyone I have ever told about PCOS (including my Primary care Physician) has looked at me as if it was just an excuse on paper for being miserable and overweight.

I was diagnosed with it a few years back, after a great ordeal with infertility. I had to have the tests, and take clomid to drop eggs. I do have two beautiful daughters now, and I am 33yrs. old. Done having kids... I am now ready to attack this weight. I am just about 230lbs. which is what I weighed on the day I went in to give birth to my second daughter in 2002.

I am still battling many of the symptoms of PCOS. I am hoping that weight loss will help bring my periods and hormones more regular. Time will tell.

My surgery is 10 days away and I can't freakin' wait!!!!! I am very mentally prepared and I am feeling strong!!! Anyone who has some wisdom for getting through the first couple weeks.... please share!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! I've had a really great experience with my band, and I can already see that it is helping with the PCOS. I am now having regular periods every month!!!! It's really great that you were able to have 2 daughters. It took me and DH about 6 years to have our beautiful baby boy. I wish you the best of luck and take care.

Hello guys, I am feeling much better. I have started back showing houses and my energy is getting better.

I have lost a total of 11lbs but I have not lost anymore since my post op last Tuesday. I have started eatinging cream based Soups, that the only thing that I can think would keep me from gaining. I am not really hungry ever, but broth is boring

Hello guys, I am feeling much better. I have started back showing houses and my energy is getting better.

I have lost a total of 11lbs but I have not lost anymore since my post op last Tuesday. I have started eatinging cream based Soups, that the only thing that I can think would keep me from gaining. I am not really hungry ever, but broth is boring

So glad to hear you are doing better. 11 lbs is awesome! Keep up the good work.

Hi everyone!

Hope you guys don't mind if I vent a little. I went to the doctor yesterday, thinking I would get a fill. I got there and weighed in, and she wouldn't give me one. She said because I had lost 2 lbs per week, she would not give me one. I told her, in a very respectful way, that I know I lost 2 lbs per week, but that was because I have been going hungry and exercising my butt off!

I haven't have any restriction, except for about a week after my 2nd fill. I woke up on Thanksgiving day with no restriction and haven't had any since. I know that it is good that I am losing weight, but I've had to work my butt off. Don't get me wrong, I love the band, and I know it is going to be hard work, but I feel like I could have done what I am doing, without the band. I feel like I'm on a diet again. The whole reason I got banded was because I didn't want to diet for the rest of my life. Sorry I've vented so long.....just a little discouraged..........

It seems that anyone I have ever told about PCOS (including my Primary care Physician) has looked at me as if it was just an excuse on paper for being miserable and overweight.

I was diagnosed with it a few years back, after a great ordeal with infertility. I had to have the tests, and take clomid to drop eggs. I do have two beautiful daughters now, and I am 33yrs. old. Done having kids... I am now ready to attack this weight. I am just about 230lbs. which is what I weighed on the day I went in to give birth to my second daughter in 2002.

I am still battling many of the symptoms of PCOS. I am hoping that weight loss will help bring my periods and hormones more regular. Time will tell.

My surgery is 10 days away and I can't freakin' wait!!!!! I am very mentally prepared and I am feeling strong!!! Anyone who has some wisdom for getting through the first couple weeks.... please share!!!!!!!!!

Mrs.K,

Reading this makes me so angry. PCOS is so complex-- nobody even understands why some people get it and some don't. And no it is not an excuse for anything-- there are TONS of very thin women who have PCOS as well. Doctors really should be more sensitive to those who suffer from this incredibly frustrating syndrome.

On a lighter note, your surgery date is quickly approaching! Are you getting excited??!!!

Buttercup,

How are you feeling? Have you had any hunger issues? You are a trooper. I started my liquid pre-op diet. It sucks, but it's all for a good cause, so it's not as hard as I thought. I guess because there's an end in sight it's sooo much better than the five million diets I've been on in the past.

Slimshady,

Congrats on your recovery. 11 pounds is great progress!

Georgia Girl,

I'm sorry to hear that your doctor is not cooperating with you. Really-- isn't the whole point of the band to make it a little easier to do your part with diet and exercise? If you have to starve-- there's no point in being banded in the first place. I'm sure this must be so frustrating. Hopefully- dr. will change his/her mind soon and make life easier for you. In the meantime, you should really be proud of yourself for all your discipline and hard work!!

Georgia Girl,

I'm sorry to hear that your doctor is not cooperating with you. Really-- isn't the whole point of the band to make it a little easier to do your part with diet and exercise? If you have to starve-- there's no point in being banded in the first place. I'm sure this must be so frustrating. Hopefully- dr. will change his/her mind soon and make life easier for you. In the meantime, you should really be proud of yourself for all your discipline and hard work!!

I'm not at all angry with my fill doctor and I do understand where she is coming from. It's a policy used for everyone, they don't want to run the risk of overfilling and they want me to lose it slow. I have been very happy with my doctor and all of the staff. I wonder if maybe I should just not be so strict on myself for a couple of weeks. I go back in 2 weeks and if I have lost 4lbs, she won't give me a fill. Maybe I should just try to lose 3 or something. I know that this is a lifestyle change, but I can't just switch overnight, it needs to be gradually(sp?). One day, when I reach goal, I hope to be completely unfilled, and be able to maintain it on my own. But it will take time. I hope I didn't come off as being angry with my fill doc, I was just frustrated about the whole "diet" thing. Thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it.

:ranger: Klpdbl i am so sorry to hear that, but your wieght loss is great and very encouraging. Hopefully in 2 weeks you will get your fill. You are definitely an inspiration to me. Went back to work on Tuesday. Sorry i haven't posted but, I was only off a week from work and it seems everything went stir crazy while i was out. I had my one week post op appointment on Wednesday. I lost 5 lbs in one week. I guess Water and boullion cubes will do that to you. I am not hungry at all. I drink Unjury shakes for Breakfast and lunch and food for dinner. The protien shakes really help with hungry. The gas pain is terrible but walking helps; other than that i feel fine. I hope everyone else is doing well.

:ranger: Klpdbl i am so sorry to hear that, but your wieght loss is great and very encouraging. Hopefully in 2 weeks you will get your fill. You are definitely an inspiration to me. Went back to work on Tuesday. Sorry i haven't posted but, I was only off a week from work and it seems everything went stir crazy while i was out. I had my one week post op appointment on Wednesday. I lost 5 lbs in one week. I guess Water and boullion cubes will do that to you. I am not hungry at all. I drink Unjury shakes for breakfast and lunch and food for dinner. The protien shakes really help with hungry. The gas pain is terrible but walking helps; other than that i feel fine. I hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi Buttercup, thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad to see you are doing well. Congratulations on the weight loss, you are doing great. Enjoy not being hungry, maybe it will last a long time for you. The Protein Shakes really helped me too in the beginning. You know, since surgery, I have had a lot of gas pains. Certain foods just cause gas now, I never really had much gas pains before surgery. The chewable Gas-X works good for me. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Pamela

I just saw your post about not getting a fill. That really stinks, I think when I go in a couple of weeks I'll make sure I wear extra heavy clothes. But the bright side of things is you are doing grreat with your weight loss. I hope things get easier for you I know it is difficult to feel like you are on a diet all the time beause that is where I am at right now. Keep up the good work and take care.

Pamela

I just saw your post about not getting a fill. That really stinks, I think when I go in a couple of weeks I'll make sure I wear extra heavy clothes. But the bright side of things is you are doing grreat with your weight loss. I hope things get easier for you I know it is difficult to feel like you are on a diet all the time beause that is where I am at right now. Keep up the good work and take care.

Maybe I could put something heavy in my pockets? Just kidding........I think (lol). I feel like I could eat a horse right now. I do need to work on eating more Protein, since she says it stays with you longer. I'm not a real big "meat" eater, so it's a little harder to get the protein in. When do you get your first fill?

Pamela

My first fill is not until Jan 3rd, I am so scared they are going to say that I don't need one now. I think I may just slack up on the willpower a little bit between now and then. I have been keeping my calories very close to 800 a day and working out on the tread mill or my ski machine every night and working my behind off at work this time of year. If they say I dont need a fill i will just have to sit down and cry right there in the office. :cry Are you doing any kind of exercise and what is your caloorie range if you don't mind me asking.... One of my coworkers wa naded the same day as me but she is not watching her calories or working out and she is still losing but more slowly than me. Now I wonder if that is the approach i should take until I get sufficient fills to feel restriction so that I don't have to feel deprived. because there are some nights that if I didnt have sf Jello. Well anyway I need to run i am about to wake up the family and get them to go for a walk with me, they will all be so happy. .. hang in there and take care.

Pamela

My first fill is not until Jan 3rd, I am so scared they are going to say that I don't need one now. I think I may just slack up on the willpower a little bit between now and then. I have been keeping my calories very close to 800 a day and working out on the tread mill or my ski machine every night and working my behind off at work this time of year. If they say I dont need a fill i will just have to sit down and cry right there in the office. :cry Are you doing any kind of exercise and what is your caloorie range if you don't mind me asking.... One of my coworkers wa naded the same day as me but she is not watching her calories or working out and she is still losing but more slowly than me. Now I wonder if that is the approach i should take until I get sufficient fills to feel restriction so that I don't have to feel deprived. because there are some nights that if I didnt have sf Jello. Well anyway I need to run i am about to wake up the family and get them to go for a walk with me, they will all be so happy. .. hang in there and take care.

Hey Jeannie! I didn't have a problem getting my first fill, even though I had lost a lot of weight. I think they start monitoring more after you get your first fill.

Right now, since I don't have great restriction, I usually have about 1000 calories a day. I was having less than that the one week I did have restriction. I don't count religiously though. There are some days I don't keep up with it, if I'm on the go all day or have a family function. On those days, I just try to keep portions pretty small.

As far as exercise, I have been walking and jumping rope. Jumping rope is a great cardio workout. It burns more calories than running. I'm really excited because I got an eliptical last night and I can't wait to get started with it. Keep up the good work.