Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congratulations you look amazing!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@Bluesky1 - I have been pretty adept now at eyeballing what the size/weight would be - but still weigh food when i am at home and it is a new recipe or food or when i feel i am getting off track a bit - I will make my chicken, for example, think what i think the weight is and then measure it - if i am more than .5 ounces off then i weigh everything for a week to re-adjust myself. I log everything in myfitnesspal (the good, the bad and the ugly) and mostly just pay attention to my protein/carb/fat ratio. I hate to say i have struggled a bit getting my calorie count back up so i can fluctuate between 800-1200 Calories a day. I can eat normal amounts for a vsg person I guess - Probably can get down between 4-6 ounces at a time depending on the bulk of it. Typically I will have as a meal:

pre-breakfast: coffee, splenda, fat free half and half (or regular half and half if I am out of my house)

Breakfast on days where I am hungry: 0% Fage greek plain yogurt with lemon juice, splenda, 1/4 banana and a handful of raisin bran for crunch

Mid morning: premier Protein chocolate drink

lunch: 2.5 oz tuna pack with light mayo and dill relish

Snacks if i snack: beef jerkey, a few Peanut Butter pretzels (which i am trying to cut out as they are wasted carbs and i wish they wouldnt have at the office). If i am hungry i will maybe have the yogurt or cottage cheese if the jerkey isnt in stock at the office

Dinner: I mixed it up between home cooked grilled fish or chicken (in a variety of preparations...could be with mexican seasoning or asian or gravy, etc.) with a squash or green vegetable, zoodles with turkey meat sauce, turkey or chicken "burger" with blue cheese crumbles in a low carb tortilla with avocado or just on a plate, turkey mexican salad, eggplant Parmesan with turkey and cottage cheese to up the Protein. When i create meals, i will normally weigh them out and make recipes to store in myfitnesspal so i dont have to type it all in each time. I typically do sashimi 2x a week after my trainer or get beef carpaccio as a treat.

Other snacks: cheese stick, boars head turkey pepperoni, light babybel, cucumbers with bolthouse avocado greek Salad Dressing and lemon juice,

Sweet Craving satisfiers: grapes, dole dippers 60 calorie strawberry packs, a few tablespoons of halo top or similar ice cream, skinnygirl Milk chocolate Truffles with Sea Salt Toffee

Alcohol(Don't judge): 1.5 ounces of citrus vodka in a 44 ounce tumbler with Water, big ice cubes, a squirt powder packet (I love these) and ginger powder - I also mix msm powder for my joints into it.

I also cheat on my diet. I have a pizza slice at the office every once in a blue moon, each spinach dip or nachos when we are out, sour patch kids, etc. but I log it all and keep myself accountable and acknowledge when i put it in my mouth that I am consciously eating something that i gain no benefit from- and i am ok with that, I guess.

I decided awhile ago that I am not going to deprive myself of the joys of food - but i am NOT going to ever again 1) reward myself with food, 2) self medicate myself with food when i am feeling sad or down, 3) eat out of boredom. As long as what I am eating is not for one of these reasons, them I am ok with it in small amounts.

I have been fluctuating for many months and cannot get to below 140 - i go 140.2 - 145 - today i was 143.7 - go figure. Probably because i have been busy at work and haven't worked out since getting back from a trip on monday.

@Josie1958 - congrats on starting your journey - For exercise i would say i didnt start for a few months after surgery (3/1 surgery) -I was fairly tired and i felt more confortable when i got some weight off - I joined the gym and booked with a trainer starting around may 2016 - I see the trainer 2 times a week (at some point i will do on my own but i like that extra push). I then added some rowing in when my sister gave me her concept 2 rowing machine. Around July 2016, I started the couch to 5k program and did that 3 times a week. I did my first 5k in september 2016, another 5k in early nov, a 5 mile at thanksgiving (and I have another run next weekend). I started Pilates 3x a week around oct through now. i LOVE pilates - it helps shape the body in ways you can't imagine and makes you STRONG!

I got sick in january so i am off schedule a bit but am slowly getting back in the swing of things after surgery and a trip - I would say I feel my best when I do 5-6 days of some sort of exercise at about an hour a day. - such a vast difference from my old self that said i dont have time to exercise (and then spent 7 hours watching tv). The exercise is making the difference for me - because it is my outlet that i use now where i used to rely on food.