Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleep apnea testing right now

Hey guys. So I'm actually had my sleep consultation today. The dr told me right to my face that I definitely had sleep apnea but wanted to send me in for the testing tonight because when she checked my throat she was concerned about how small my airway is. I didn't know wether to be excited because I know I need this to be approved for surgery or scared that my dr rushed the appointment out of fear?. So here I am just finished being hooked up & laying in the bed until the morning. How long does it take for your results to come back?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi Jessica, my life changed after using cpap for sleep apnea. The first morning I woke up rested, truly rested, I cried with joy! I'm in preop testing and go for sleep study on March 3rd. Even though there's all these new Drs I'm meeting, I feel that I'm addressing all health issues as a result of my obesity. I'm hopeful, I also nervous about the fasting before and after. As long as I'm not hungry, I'll be ok. You'll be ok. Good luck, girl.

Hey. So even though you use the cpap you still have to do another study? Does your insurance require that for you to have the surgery? & that's what I'm hoping for, can't remember the last time I've had a good nights sleep and I'm so tired during the day like right now. & yeah I'm used to fasting for religious reasons so it'll be a little easier but still not easy cus you do get hungry regardless but you'll be fine too & thank you!

I had to wait about 3 weeks to find outI had sleep apnea. They called me to do the second sleep study with the cpap to get my settings. They said that I'm fine until I reach REM. Then my throat relaxes too much and closes off my airway. It's been 2 months since that study and I still don't have my cpap machine. I was finally able to talk to someone from the company the other day though and they said they have to get precert through my insurance company first then they'll call me to set up an appointment to get my machine.

3 weeks isn't bad but still long. I'm hoping to find out something this Monday so that I can call Monday & set up the 2nd part. The 2 month wait that you went through was ridiculous, especially since you got diagnosed with the condition, you would think they'd want you to have the machine right away. I know my sleep study doctor told me to come back right away after she gets the results to get the machine because when she checked my throats during the consultation she said my airway was too small. Hopefully you get your machine soon. I'm just going to pray that it's not that long. I know after this part is over and my insurance approved it time will go by quickly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches