Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There are a few of us on here who were sleeved on 1/17/17. How has your recovery been so far? Hope you are doing well.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by FindingCarrie

Its been great...my first 3 days were awful couldnt even sip without pain...i kid you not the next day my pain left when i swallowed prayers work. .you know what surprised me i couldn't stand straight my abdomen was sore & bruised

Sent from my SM-S920L using the BariatricPal App

Hi all I'm was also sleeved on the 17th ... How everyone is OK. I'm in the pureed stage and hate everything I am allowed... the good thing is that I don't actually feel hardly any hunger and hours go by and I don't even think of food. Need to get more Water and Protein in some how because I am falling short on that

Sent from my SM-A300H using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved the 17th too. Physically fine, not a problem at all with soreness. But..mentally not so good. I have had a tough week. I think of food all the time, and have crazy cravings. I have also experienced hunger which has been disappointing. Started with 1st real food today, 1/2 scambled egg...was so looking forward to it. It tasted good, but I did not feel good afterwards. I get heartburn and gassy. Hoping it gets better, but so far, I have serious "buyers remorse". Doesn't feel worth the 22 lbs down since surgery. :(

I went through this as well. It's so many things.

I was sleeved the 17th too. Physically fine, not a problem at all with soreness. But..mentally not so good. I have had a tough week. I think of food all the time, and have crazy cravings. I have also experienced hunger which has been disappointing. Started with 1st real food today, 1/2 scambled egg...was so looking forward to it. It tasted good, but I did not feel good afterwards. I get heartburn and gassy. Hoping it gets better, but so far, I have serious "buyers remorse". Doesn't feel worth the 22 lbs down since surgery. :(

#1, when we lose weight fast, if your a woman, it releases all the stored hormones in there.

#2, what we did by having this surgery is completely change how we live our lives and for some of us there is a mourning period. I cried solid for the 7 days between week 4 and 5. That's when I learned the only way out of it...is through it. I had to feel all those emotions, the regret, the fear and loss of how I used to sooth myself with food, all of it. Most of us, 99.999% of us get over these feelings, we are relearning and with that comes letting go of the past. It's OK to feel how you feel. Just keep pushing through. 23 doesn't seem worth it but wait till you are at 50 or 100. Everything is so much better!

#3, are you on a Proton pump inhibitor like Prilosec? It's helped me so much. I had 24/7 acid and the doc told me to use that.

Hang in there, it does get better. I'll be honest, I told everyone to not compliment me on my weightloss for the first month or so because it just upset me so much. I said "I'm miserable, I'm upset and I regret it right now. People telling me I look good just makes me feel like they only care that I'm skinner not that I'm miserable and can't stop crying". I swear, for most of us it gets so much better!

Edited by LittleLizzieLilliput

I went through this as well. It's so many things.

#1, when we lose weight fast, if your a woman, it releases all the stored hormones in there.

#2, what we did by having this surgery is completely change how we live our lives and for some of us there is a mourning period. I cried solid for the 7 days between week 4 and 5. That's when I learned the only way out of it...is through it. I had to feel all those emotions, the regret, the fear and loss of how I used to sooth myself with food, all of it. Most of us, 99.999% of us get over these feelings, we are relearning and with that comes letting go of the past. It's OK to feel how you feel. Just keep pushing through. 23 doesn't seem worth it but wait till you are at 50 or 100. Everything is so much better!

#3, are you on a Proton pump inhibitor like Prilosec? It's helped me so much. I had 24/7 acid and the doc told me to use that.

Hang in there, it does get better. I'll be honest, I told everyone to not compliment me on my weightloss for the first month or so because it just upset me so much. I said "I'm miserable, I'm upset and I regret it right now. People telling me I look good just makes me feel like they only care that I'm skinner not that I'm miserable and can't stop crying". I swear, for most of us it gets so much better!

Thank you..that was encouraging words I needed. Hormones....yeah...that makes a lot of sense! I too do not want to be told how I look like I lost weight...hurts me right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

I can totally relate folks. Am 18 days out and down several pounds but feeling pretty down and low. No more soothing these feelings with eating and food. This is not going to easy dealing with the emotions and feelings associated with this HUGE CHANGE we're all making. But we're doing this to save our lives and improve the quality of life we have. These changes don't come easy or without paying a cost. Change is always difficult but I believe in the end so very worth it to every one of us! Stay strong and take care of yourselves! :)