Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really need help with advancing food

Help! I have no idea what I'm doing. I went to my 2 week post op appt. Everything is going well. I have been moved onto stage 3 pureed food. I was told I could have scrambled eggs, yogert, refried Beans, pureed chicken, cottage cheese ECT. My problem is that's all I was told. Try a tablespoon at a time and 30 mins later have half a Protein Shake. If I do that though I will be missing out on my Protein. How do I add these new foods and still get my protein? Sorry if I sound uneducated. I feel like I haven't been given enough info. I even left a message with my Drs office. The nurse called back and just said the same stuff I already was told. Does anyone understand what I'm getting at? Anyone have like a sample menu for the day. I feel very unconfident progressing to this stage. What is the best way to incorporate new foods while keeping up your protein?

For lunch I had 2 tablespoons of yogert and 30 mins later half a Protein shake. Just like I was told. Still I'm not going to meet my protein goals this way.

Sent from my Y538 using the BariatricPal App

Start and end the day with a shake. That should get you to 40-60 grams. chicken salad was my life saver in puréed stage, and was full of protein! Eat the puréed foods in the middle of the day, while still trying to get your Water in. You'll probably feel like you're constantly eating, but that's okay!

Start and end the day with a shake. That should get you to 40-60 grams. chicken salad was my life saver in puréed stage, and was full of protein! Eat the puréed foods in the middle of the day, while still trying to get your Water in. You'll probably feel like you're constantly eating, but that's okay!

Thank you so much.

Always eat your Protein first as much as you can lile make a quick chicken Soup, simmer it until very tender and you can even blend it a bit and youll have a very satisfying meal. The Protein should be counted in ounces not tablespoons atleast 3 oz of protein per meal

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I can't have that much yet.

Here's what my soft food diet looked like:

Breakfast: Protein shake

Morning Snack: String cheese

Lunch: scrambled egg or shredded meat (pulled chicken or tuna salad)

Afternoon Snack: Greek Yogurt

Dinner: same concept as lunch

Evening Snack: Protein Shake

In the very early stages I couldn't fit in the morning and afternoon Snacks, but I worked my way up to them.

post-306509-14859099568781_thumb.jpg post-306509-14859099609013_thumb.jpg post-306509-14859099647995_thumb.jpg post-306509-14859099693801_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Here are some ideas I got from my Dr.

I don't know if anybody said this yet but what you do is you try hard to reach your goals but understand these first few weeks it's very difficult to actually achieve them.

Don't over eat ( it's practically impossible to anyway) try the puréed foods, drink your Protein shakes and Water. Just as much as you're able, and keep track just so you can see that it keeps increasing. By small measurements of course.

I wasn't able to eat more than 2 ounces of puréed food for my entire time. I was on the regular food stage (8 weeks) for a month before I was able to eat 4 ounces at a time. It was after 10 weeks I was able to hit my full Water and Protein goals.

So get as much protein as you can thru your puréed foods ( won't be much but you're teaching your new stomach) then have the Protein drinks. If you have any difficulties with discomfort swallowing or pain in your stomach go back to the liquid for a day and or then try it again. You will be OK, I promise !

Edited by LittleLizzieLilliput

You can also add Protein powder to you foods, they have both flavored and unflavored. Isopure has a zero carb, zero sugar powder and 1/2 scoop in yogurt will give 20 grams.

Also Trimino has a 7 gram Protein, no sugar no calorie flavored Water. You can find them on Amazon.< /p>

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by sleevinpops

attachicon.gif 20170131_194236.jpgattachicon.gif 20170131_194230.jpgattachicon.gif 20170131_194216.jpgattachicon.gif 20170131_194210.jpg

these are great! Do you happen to know where these are from? Would love a copy! Also, what is GHP?

Edited by sleevinpops

attachicon.gif 20170131_194236.jpgattachicon.gif 20170131_194230.jpgattachicon.gif 20170131_194216.jpgattachicon.gif 20170131_194210.jpg

these are great! Do you happen to know where these are from? Would love a copy! Also, what is GHP?

I don't know for sure, but it looks to be a brand.

Wow, you guys are amazing!!! Thank you all so very much! It all makes sense and is very clear to me now. I swear I'd be lost without this site!!!

Excellent! What a great Dr. Thank you for sharing.

In the very early stages I couldn't fit in the morning and afternoon Snacks, but I worked my way up to them.

Exactly the concept I was looking for. Thank you so much!!

I don't know if anybody said this yet but what you do is you try hard to reach your goals but understand these first few weeks it's very difficult to actually achieve them.

Don't over eat ( it's practically impossible to anyway) try the puréed foods, drink your Protein shakes and Water. Just as much as you're able, and keep track just so you can see that it keeps increasing. By small measurements of course.

I wasn't able to eat more than 2 ounces of puréed food for my entire time. I was on the regular food stage (8 weeks) for a month before I was able to eat 4 ounces at a time. It was after 10 weeks I was able to hit my full Water and Protein goals.

So get as much protein as you can thru your puréed foods ( won't be much but you're teaching your new stomach) then have the Protein drinks. If you have any difficulties with discomfort swallowing or pain in your stomach go back to the liquid for a day and or then try it again. You will be OK, I promise !

Great advice! Thank you.

You can also add Protein powder to you foods, they have both flavored and unflavored. Isopure has a zero carb, zero sugar powder and 1/2 scoop in yogurt will give 20 grams.

Also Trimino has a 7 gram Protein, no sugar no calorie flavored Water. You can find them on Amazon.< /p>

I have the unflavored kind from Matrix but to me it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Didn't happen before surgery. Same with powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken flavored. I can't stand the stuff now. I also have GENEPRO but I have a problem with all the controversy surrounding how much protein is actually in the stuff. I'll order some Isopure tomorrow. Thank you!

Grand health partners through grand Rapids,Mi

This is exactly what I've been looking for I haven't hit oatmeal yet that happens Wednesday and in another week I can have egg which will make a huge difference for me. I swear everything right now is sweet and tangy making me crazy. I want to eat something salty that has texture to it not just liquid