Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 4 Post Op Dining Out Success..I think !

I officially started solids few days ago. Haven't done much except scrambled eggs and tuna because I'm scared.

Today I was invited to go to a fancy brunch and was terrified! But I tried a few different things like smoked salmon, eggs, crepes and caviar and did not throw up. Then at a similar fancy dinner, had few nibbles of Korean food (soft cooked chicken, spoonful of veggie rice). I took other stuff from the appetizer tray (pork cooked soft) cut it up chewed and spit out because it just didn't feel like it was gonna go down and I didn't want drama at the table.

I was so frustrated watching them bring all kinds of delectables to our table and knowing I couldn't take the risk. All in all though it was a good day. I hope I can live my life going out with friends etc, while sleeved. It was a big concern pre surgery.

How do I deal with these situations and not feel so deprived or left out?

Sleeved 12/28/16

SW 214

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You'll need to wrap your head around that its still hard work and will power must kick in. Because at 4 weeks out, its still pretty easy to resist temptation, but trust me it will get harder.

I travel a lot so I do need to eat out often. I'm six months out and pretty much at goal. There is no way, this soon out I'm even going to let rice, Pasta or bread pass my lips. I'm more or less resigned myself, at least that, no white flour, is something I will try my hardest to maintain the rest of my life. I even passed on my own birthday cake this past week.

Make a list of the advantages for you in losing weight. Stay in control when you socialize with friends. Pretty soon your friends won't be judging you on what you are eating or feeling sorry for you. There are so many advantages and think about that when you are feeling deprived. You are actually going to be in better health and have more confidence in just a few more months!!!

My daughter's bday party was almost 4 weeks after sugery at a bowling alley. Talk about junk food. So I asked my nut what would be good to have and she said the pizza toppings as long as I don't go over the 1oz portions of Protein I was allowed. Since I was already able to have cheese this was a little treat but I haven't had it since. And I took a Protein Drink with me just in case.

One of my concerns pre-op was enjoying myself going out with family & friends again. I'm still worried, but I have friends who manage just fine... one meal out becomes 3 or 4 meals they take home sometimes... or a small meal with lots of great conversation means eating a bit, resting while conversing tgen perhaps earing a tiny bit more later on... or 1 meal becomes something 2 friends or a couple can share... I think I can live with all of that :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

You'll need to wrap your head around that its still hard work and will power must kick in. Because at 4 weeks out, its still pretty easy to resist temptation, but trust me it will get harder.

I travel a lot so I do need to eat out often. I'm six months out and pretty much at goal. There is no way, this soon out I'm even going to let rice, Pasta or bread pass my lips. I'm more or less resigned myself, at least that, no white flour, is something I will try my hardest to maintain the rest of my life. I even passed on my own birthday cake this past week.

Make a list of the advantages for you in losing weight. Stay in control when you socialize with friends. Pretty soon your friends won't be judging you on what you are eating or feeling sorry for you. There are so many advantages and think about that when you are feeling deprived. You are actually going to be in better health and have more confidence in just a few more months!!!

Thanks so much for the tips & encouragement! I'm trying to hang in there.

Sleeved 12/28/16

SW 214

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App