Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

back to square one - band slip fixed - back on liquids

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone else had a band that slipped and was repaired. I feel so depressed that I am back on liquids...AGAIN. I thought I was past that stage and would never have to be on liquids and mushies for four weeeks again. I am so hungry for real food. The interesting thing is that despite this setback, I love my band and when the doctor said that they may have to remove it and replace it at a later date, I became so possesive off my band and refused to let him take it out. Anyone else have this experience? and if o how did they deal with it? Any encouragement would be greatly appreciated. :help:

My band slipped and I had it fixed on 9/24. I am miserable. They said that I could be on liquids for up to a month this time. I have had my band for over two years and all of a sudden I started having problems. They told me that I might have to have it removed, but the dr ended up leaving it in. Good luck with everything.

How does one know if their band has slipped, it seems like when I get a fill, the first two weeks I think this is my fill spot, then within a couple more weeks I can eat anything and as much as I want, I don't understand why that is. Have any of you experienced this.

Since I was self pay I don't know that I could afford to get my band fixed if it has slipped.

How does one know if their band has slipped, it seems like when I get a fill, the first two weeks I think this is my fill spot, then within a couple more weeks I can eat anything and as much as I want, I don't understand why that is. Have any of you experienced this.

Since I was self pay I don't know that I could afford to get my band fixed if it has slipped.

Check out this thread, it will explain why that is:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f13/how-lap-band-actually-works-fills-refills-41738/

Oh! I feel your pain. I was so depressed when I found out I had slipped. I physically couldn't eat, so I had to be on liquids. I was self-pay, so I had to wait to get financed all over again and wait for my doctor to get me a date and get time off work.....so it felt like I was on liquids FOREVER! I vented to my June 2006 thread alot! Between pre-op, post-op, fills, slip, etc. I felt like 50% of my journey was on liquids! But, after my repair, things are SO MUCH better! I think my band wasn't in a good spot to begin with because I struggled alot. After the revision I have felt 100% better and my weight loss has been steady. I am nearly to goal. Hang in there! It is a tough time, but take it as a learning experience and treasure your band! I faced the possibility of losing my band, but luckily they were able to reposition it without removing it. It gave me a new appreciation for my band and I know I don't ever want to be without it. I hope you heal quickly and that things soon improve. PM me if you need support!

hi guys,

thanks for responding. I am now back on mushies and am feeling alot better and more hopeful. That liquid stage is simply too rough and to have to go through it a second time really bummed me out. The way I knew that I slipped was that I had pain when I ate or drank. Its funn thoug, I didnt throw up (I onlt threw up three times since I got my band 9 months ago) so I was shocked when they said that I slipped. Anyone else have the same experience. And you are right that it makes ou more possesive about the band because they said they may have to remove my band and I told them "No way - you cant have my band". It really did give me an appreciation of the band. Hope you all are doing well, and I hope that I am over the hump. :hungry:

My band slipped and I had it fixed on 9/24. I am miserable. They said that I could be on liquids for up to a month this time. I have had my band for over two years and all of a sudden I started having problems. They told me that I might have to have it removed, but the dr ended up leaving it in. Good luck with everything.

How did you know that you slipped - what signs were there? Are you feeling better? Hope you are doing better.

I have the same question. I was banded on 9/19, I woke up the morning and while laying on my back I felt a hard area on my right side a few inches above my port area. It simply feels like a hard area of muscle (not plastic) about the size of a golf ball maybe ?? But not protruding .... I feel fine, no nausea, no reflux or pain, but this wasn't there until I slept on my port side for the first time last night. I hope to God something didn't dislodge, I will be so upset !.

HELP - ANY THOUGHTS !!!!

Carol

My band has slipped but it doesn't seem as if the doctor is concerned. I am still vomiting and having reflux I want to know what to do and they don't give me an answer they just act like it's nothing but from what I'm reading it seems I need to see my doctor and have it fixed. Please let me know what you think.:help:

btl - Im not sure what the lump is, I didnt have anything like that when I slipped. Think you should ask your doc, because its right near the port.

Marie - Im shocked that your doc doesnt want to fix it - must be that it was only a mild slip and that maybe its not significant enough to have another surgery. Mine was a significant enough slip - because my doc wouldnt even let me go home on saturday night till sugery on monday.

hope this ws helpful and good luck you guys!

Thanks Skinnymom,

Doc finally called me back and said it was the port ??? Which I thought would be right near the largest incision ... This hard area is up under my right ribcage and it feels more the size of an egg rather than the port (which I thought would be more like a quarter. I don't have a fever and don't feel ill but I swear that wasn't there immediately after surgery. I will keep an eye on it I suppose .... strange .. maybe it is the port. It just seems like an aweful lot of muscle around it for something that I thought was just under the surface ???

Carol :)

I just had to put another band because dr. Haucuz in Tijuana on dec 19 placed an old band on me and sliped. is so painful go back to liquids, nauseas, bills. How did you do? Can you help me with sugestions? I am so down.:huh2:

I just had the Fluid removed from my band tonight. The diagnosis, slipped band. I had been vomiting over two weeks. My surgeon wasn't happy that I waited so long before contacting him. I had already been to my PHP because I had the *flu*. (I thought) I had no pain whatsoever. They are going to do a KUB (xray of my stomach) in December and see if it can be re-inflated. I'm happy to finally not be nauseated, but scared to be without the benefit of the band.

A new chapter in this journey on a path I hadn't even considered is about to unfold.

I was banded on 01/10/08 and have lost 80 pounds.:wink_smile:

I do not want to go back to my former self. I have felt so much better, until this anyway. The weight loss has changed my life for the better.

I have a slipped band but didn't know it was slipped. Sometimes about 1/2 hour after I eat I feel stomach pain and am miserable for about an 1 to 1 1/2 hours. I have been told it's not an emergency, and doc is checking to see if insurance will help pay for anything. I was self pay and don't have it right now.---Bummed out!