Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

[Does anyone know what fredericks medical status is - eg doctor etc?

Make the most of your husband's attentiveness, it doesn't usually take too long for it to wear off!

Is there anyone recently banded who can let me know how long the dissolving 'fishing line' thread/knots on the scars take to break up and fall off? I keep rubbing gently at them while in the bath as the nurse who took the blue stitch out advised me but I can't see any signs of em letting go of me yet! Grateful for replies, thanks bigsister x

Hi Bigsister! I asked Dr. Chris and he told me that Frederik is a male nurse and assists him in the OR. He also told me that anyone who writes to him (Dr. Chris) about having surgery will be forwarded to Frederik, Dr. Chris only does the patient care and Frederik handles all the logistics. I liked hearing that.

I have my stitches removed Monday. Dr. Chris told me that the clear stitches will dissolve within 4 weeks.

Glad you're still doing well. Hope we all continue that way. -Tammy

Thanks for that info Tammy. Glad to hear you are still doing so well too. I got weighed yesterday - the first time since week before surgery as I have to go to Boots cos have no scales at home. I have lost about 1 stone but no doubt that is because of the restricted foods and amounts I have been eating so far. But the thing that most surprised me when I read the ticket which gets printed is that I have lost about half an inch in height since I last weighed in! What's all that about?! I can't be doing with losing inches lengthways - I'm just under 5'1" and need all the millimetres I've got! I know it was in a different Boots branch but thought they would all be accurate as they measure and weigh you electronically. Thanks again for replying, bigsister x

welcome back TC and Tamisu, I'm so pleased it all went well for you. I start my pre op diet on Monday although I dont think I'll be very strict, - if I could stick to a diet I would'nt be this size now, but I'll give it a try.

Lewisabbey, and mum are being done on the same day, so no doubt they are feeling a bit jittery as well.

I've ordered my euros, bought my medication, floppy bra, sloppy joggers, travel size toiletries, so I'm more or less ready now.

Hi bigsister - thank you so much. It is lovely to know that people really care. I was the same when you, Gillian and Wishfull were there and it was such a relief when you all came back safe and well. You are like my little cyberspace family.

The lady that was in my ward with me didn't let the miserable nurse boss us about and put her in her place a few times, but I'm just anything for an easy life so kept quiet. The rest were lovely though, so maybe she was having a bad night, who knows.

After Frederik said I would be first my husband did say to me later that he thought it was just sales talk. Very naughty of him to tell fibs like that if its not true though and after reading the responses to my post it does sound lie a big fat lie! I think Frederik is just a nurse and the lady in my ward said he was only brought onboard after Dr Chris got that bad press last year.

I have to make the most out of Colin now as he goes back offshore next Wednesday. Hopefully I will be all better by then.

I hope someone can answer your stitches question soon.

Take care T x

Aah, thank you TC. You big softie! Think most of us on here are though aren't we - we like to look out for each other and help if we can, even if it is only words of support. I'm pleased you had someone in your room who gave the 'nasty nurse' a run for her money! I too am one for a quiet life but will only let things go so far and then I will really go for it when I snap. But you shouldn't really be put in that position when you are feeling grotty. Anyway, that's behind you now and you will be feeling better and better as next week goes on but be kind to yourself and don't try and do too much too soon. Love, bigsister x

ps and don't go trying out the turkey dinosaurs either - she will never learn!

the turkey dinosaur was an accident!...mainly...i sort of forgot about the band and did what came naturally ,finishing the kids dinners!...i will not do it again!

the turkey dinosaur was an accident!...mainly...i sort of forgot about the band and did what came naturally ,finishing the kids dinners!...i will not do it again!

Accident my a**e! Bet I could get good odds from Will Hill that it will happen again, probably tonight actually when we all come round for usual Saturday night curry - not for me of course, I will have been a good girl and had my mushy stuff before I come. Everyone watch, she will be on here tomorrow morning explaining how she had another 'accident' with 2 Onion Bhajees, full Tamil Lamb curry and a Keema Nan stuck in her band! Oh yeah, and had to wash it down with one of the Baileys smoothies! Bigsister x

Hi Shoes - you are welcome!. I thought it only fair I share my story as others before me were kind enough to take the time to share theirs on the forum and it helped me a great deal to prepare for my op. I was just like you and couldn't stop thinking about it, wondering if I was doing the right thing. It's still early days but I'm sure I have made the right decision. I sent a 400 euro deposit prior to going to Belgium to the ECFS bank as instructed and paid the balance to Frederik the day before surgery. Don't worry about him. He is quite nice and friendly, I just got the impression he was going through the motions, but he wasn't nasty or anything like that. The hotel was ok. Basic, but clean. I would suggest you ask for extra pillows as when I came back from my op my husband gave me his pillow as it felt too flat lying on one.

I rang WLS group on the number shown on their website:-www.wlsgroup.co.uk (0800 78 79 029). They have a special offer on until today and I booked the 12 month package for £549, although they have a 6 month package for £275 if that would suit you more. They do also have a clinic in Dublin and the address is:- The Light Therapy, Health and Beauty Clinic, Unit 4, 35 Main Street, Swords, Co Dublin. Hope that helps, but don't hesitate to ask if there is anything else you want to know. If I can help I will. T x

Thanks TC27 for all the info its a great help, i will look into WLS clinic they sound more professional,hope you dont mind me asking you what type of food are you having do they give you a diet sheet, are you ok drinking Water, is there somebody with your name waiting in the airport when you arrive,sorry more ? hope your feeling better today:smile:

Hey TC. So pleased to have you back with us - me and sister gillian have been talking about you, sanflan and tamisu when it was 'your days' for surgery and hoping things went well for you all. I can't remember any of the nursing staff who were anything less than helpfulness itself and it was really bad luck you got an unapproachable one. Sister gillian went down to surgery first out of 7 being banded that day and we didn't book directly with frederick, we were also told that the surgery list is determined firstly by any current medical probs which may pose additional risk and then by weight. This sounds logical and sensible and so it doesn't sound right that because you booked directly means that you would be given priority treatment and go down first. Does anyone know what fredericks medical status is - eg doctor etc?

Make the most of your husband's attentiveness, it doesn't usually take too long for it to wear off!

Is there anyone recently banded who can let me know how long the dissolving 'fishing line' thread/knots on the scars take to break up and fall off? I keep rubbing gently at them while in the bath as the nurse who took the blue stitch out advised me but I can't see any signs of em letting go of me yet! Grateful for replies, thanks bigsister x

Hi big sister i dont know if its any help but i just sniped the fishing line knots off my self with a pair of small scissors as close to the skin as i could as they were annoying the hell out of me.

Accident my a**e! Bet I could get good odds from Will Hill that it will happen again, probably tonight actually when we all come round for usual Saturday night curry - not for me of course, I will have been a good girl and had my mushy stuff before I come. Everyone watch, she will be on here tomorrow morning explaining how she had another 'accident' with 2 Onion Bhajees, full Tamil Lamb curry and a Keema Nan stuck in her band! Oh yeah, and had to wash it down with one of the Baileys smoothies! Bigsister x

oh big sister, I am hurt!..ouch! i am going to only have the sauce from the curry, and maybe a little nibble on the naan bread..i have tried korma sauce already, i was fine..i did a carrot korma, and mushed it up as i ate it...i know it sounds disgusting, but for a curryaholic...it was nectar after actimel and cuppasoup all week!...amd if im not ok, you can stand over me saying...well i told you so!...im sure shell let you all know on here too if im naughty!. I sat in a fish and chip restaurant in town today opposite my husband and i just had a cup of tea, i couldnt resist and tried a chip...and didnt i just know about it...it hurt!..suppose thats the band doing its job! and me being naughty..it soon puts me in my place!

Hi big sister i dont know if its any help but i just sniped the fishing line knots off my self with a pair of small scissors as close to the skin as i could as they were annoying the hell out of me.

Thanks bobobaldy. They are not annoying me particularly at the moment but if they do, then I think I will do as you have suggested, can't see what there is to stop you doing this as everything has healed now. Thanks again, bigsister x

hey boboboldy..i snipped the knots and line to my "fishing line" stitches..it relieved them a bit, but can you remember how long it was till you felt they had actually dissolved underneath?..cant see anything of mine but they are still pulling from underneath...that tiny bit of fishing line sticking out doesnt look like it will ever dissolve!:thumbup: although they are feeling more comfortable now. oh yes, we think you should be on commision from WLS for the custom you have got them off here!..Gillian x

hey boboboldy..i snipped the knots and line to my "fishing line" stitches..it relieved them a bit, but can you remember how long it was till you felt they had actually dissolved underneath?..cant see anything of mine but they are still pulling from underneath...that tiny bit of fishing line sticking out doesnt look like it will ever dissolve!:thumbup: although they are feeling more comfortable now. oh yes, we think you should be on commision from WLS for the custom you have got them off here!..Gillian x[/quote

After i sniped the ends within two or three days they started to come out there self and i just pulled them and they came out from my skin .

If i knew yous were all going to sign up with wls i would have asked them first.lol

Any way i think it was flirty lass that told me about them in the first place.

Hi bigsister - thank you so much. It is lovely to know that people really care. I was the same when you, Gillian and Wishfull were there and it was such a relief when you all came back safe and well. You are like my little cyberspace family.

The lady that was in my ward with me didn't let the miserable nurse boss us about and put her in her place a few times, but I'm just anything for an easy life so kept quiet. The rest were lovely though, so maybe she was having a bad night, who knows.

After Frederik said I would be first my husband did say to me later that he thought it was just sales talk. Very naughty of him to tell fibs like that if its not true though and after reading the responses to my post it does sound lie a big fat lie! I think Frederik is just a nurse and the lady in my ward said he was only brought onboard after Dr Chris got that bad press last year.

I have to make the most out of Colin now as he goes back offshore next Wednesday. Hopefully I will be all better by then.

I hope someone can answer your stitches question soon.

Take care T x

Hi TC, thats not right what freddy boy said about those who book with him going first!(i didnt evenbook with him!)..as soon as id booked in at the hospital i was taken away from bigsister and wishfull and went along corridors and bridges to another building, where i was in a room for 4 but all alone!..i was told to get changed quick as doc chris was waiting for me, it wasnt even 8am by then! i had my drip set up etc and was took straight down..when i got to the op room, they were all looking wierd and talking in another language to me..they thought i was flemish and they always do the flemish first they said..he told me all the things i had to know while i was on the op table and i had to sit up and sign the consent form!.he said he didnt like to do it that way but if he didnt do it immediatly that ther would be no op!..i didnt mind..next a nice anaesthatist said you are going to feel sleepy, as all the anaesthetic is now going through your drip! was glad about that as i didnt fancy having injection..i was thinking...no im not going to sleep!..then he said sweet dreams and then i woke up!..i was shivering but didnt feel cold, and i had no pain..i had a silver blanket put over me i think and like a big hairdryer blowing under it. i went off to sleep again and after a while in recovery was took back to my room this time there were 3 other flemish people who looked like theyd had facelifts or something by the bandages..they told me it was a day ward and i couldnt stay there and took me to another room nearer to bigsister and wishfull.they hadnt even gone down by then i dont think...anyway about 6pm a flemish woman,the last of the day was brought back into our room, i think they got our slots mixed up!...so if you wanna go first,heres a tip, learn fluant flemish and change your name to a flemish one..they had my name down as "MEYERS" this may be a flemish name?! my name is myers by the way!.but as long as its van der summat you will go first! x

Edited by gillian
addition

welcome back TC and Tamisu, I'm so pleased it all went well for you. I start my pre op diet on Monday although I dont think I'll be very strict, - if I could stick to a diet I would'nt be this size now, but I'll give it a try.

Lewisabbey, and mum are being done on the same day, so no doubt they are feeling a bit jittery as well.

I've ordered my euros, bought my medication, floppy bra, sloppy joggers, travel size toiletries, so I'm more or less ready now.

Good luck on your pre-op diet mmm. I was ok on mine but did cheat a bit. I lost 9 pounds on my pre-op diet and have just been weighed on have now lost 16 pounds. You sound well prepared for your trip but you are bound to be nervous. Try not to get too nervous though (hard I know) as all will be fine. T x

Thanks TC27 for all the info its a great help, i will look into WLS clinic they sound more professional,hope you dont mind me asking you what type of food are you having do they give you a diet sheet, are you ok drinking Water, is there somebody with your name waiting in the airport when you arrive,sorry more ? hope your feeling better today:smile:

No problem shoes. I am having slim fast, clear Soup, hot chocolate and lots of water (I'm ok with them all!). I have been putting low cal orange juice in my water (the stuff you dilute) and I'm not sure if that's allowed, but I was getting sick of plain water. They dont give you a diet sheet as such, but in the info pack you are given they advise you of the types of food and drink you should be having at different stages after the op. I emailed Frederik to ask who would be wating for me at the airport and after a second prompt he replied stating his dad would be waiting for me and he would be holding up the company logo sign with my name on it. When I came into the arrivals hall I saw him straight away, so no problems there. I feel fine today thank you -16 pounds off so far, so I'm very happy. T x

Hi mmm, how many days it it now?!..bet your getting excited/nervous?!..dont worry about the hospital or care..i was a bit but id go back there for any operation now..no probs there at all..glad youve got your sloppy bra knickers and joggers..you wont care what you look like!..i didnt even brush my hair when we left hotel next morning at 3.30am, and im one to be in full make up with hair perfectly in place, no matter what time!..i did even contemplate travelling home in my PJs as i couldnt be bothered to take em off!.i still felt nauseus and had the effects of the barium still working then...nice!..so hope you havent got an early flight like ours (ours was at charleroi airport too,over an hours drive in torrential rain and high winds and dark,my husband drove,hard work!) a few hours more in bed would have made all the difference i think for me..anyway, good luck, i know you wont need it though, you will be fine like the rest of us and will be back on here in no time after your op!. gillian x