Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

good to think I'm not alone with eating food already. Ive noticed alot of other threads people have been advised to go 4 weeks on strained liquids! I didnt really get that impression from Dr De Bruyne.

I did read about the dino-nugget! that was funny, but think that was more a case of accidental ingestion!

Strange to think how heavy people to put things in their mouths without realizing! I once ate a cookie on my desk and 2 seconds after finishing it realised.... I didnt know where it came from! Someone could have picked it up off the floor and stuck it there... but I didn't even think to ask the logical questions. ((who is this cookie? Where did it come from? Why is it on my desk))

good to think I'm not alone with eating food already. Ive noticed alot of other threads people have been advised to go 4 weeks on strained liquids! I didnt really get that impression from Dr De Bruyne.

I did read about the dino-nugget! that was funny, but think that was more a case of accidental ingestion!

Strange to think how heavy people to put things in their mouths without realizing! I once ate a cookie on my desk and 2 seconds after finishing it realised.... I didnt know where it came from! Someone could have picked it up off the floor and stuck it there... but I didn't even think to ask the logical questions. ((who is this cookie? Where did it come from? Why is it on my desk))

yes. i will eat anything just because its there too..i have got to retrain myself! x

Hi sanflan i also got banded on the 16th jan, i did stick to Fluid only for 2 weeks post op.. now i have actimel yogurt drink for my Breakfast, 1/2 slimfast or a cup a Soup for my lunch and then mashed veg and fish for tea, i have tried the salmon and yellow fish and both went down very well, as long as you take your time and only have small pieces at a time, the 1st time i had the salmon i had a piece that was to big and o what pain i had, i wont be doing that again.I have also tried small pieces of chicken but at the min the fish goes down better. Im having poached egg and tin spaghetti for my tea just for a change im also still drinking loads of sugar free diluted juice in between.. i havnt had a cup of tea since before my op, i just dont fancy it anymore(i only used to have 2 cups a day) and i dont like coffee. Your doing well (except the cookie lol) keep it up x

Dear Miss Flump, I have just watched all your videos on utube, this was my favorite:Hospital experience Part 1 Video Diary #8.

I am hoping to go to Belgium in March but I am still in the beginning of my research. Can any one tell me how much they paid, recent bans ops please as it'll be more accurate!

Hi fatpants and welcome to the forum, i think gillian has covered the cost of the band, i went with the same option as gillian and bigsister and we had to sort out our own flights, transfers and hotel so being honest i think the all inc option is the better one. Im sure you will find this forum a massive help and everyone here is friendly and ready to answer any questions you might have, you will have no regrets if you decide to go with dr chris and his team, the hospital was very clean and staff couldnt do enough for you. Goodluck x :(

Hi everyone, sorry not been on for a while been trying to diet again!!!! thought id give it another go while im saving for the band (but once again stopped the diet and put most of it back on again, no supprise there then) any way how are you all doing? how much have you all lost so far, did it hurt, what was it all like? fill me in on everythin? but hope your all good and all doing really well looking beautifully skinny lol take care and hope to hear from you soon xxx

Hi everyone, sorry not been on for a while been trying to diet again!!!! thought id give it another go while im saving for the band (but once again stopped the diet and put most of it back on again, no supprise there then) any way how are you all doing? how much have you all lost so far, did it hurt, what was it all like? fill me in on everythin? but hope your all good and all doing really well looking beautifully skinny lol take care and hope to hear from you soon xxx

hi tanyac..nice to hear from you again!..yes were back and it went fine..it is not completely painless,the first day you wonder why you had it done!..the hospital and staff are fantastic, no worries there at all. im still having bit of jip with my stitches, but bigsister and wishfull are doing ok with theirs..its just me, but i have been fiddling with em!..we all lost around a stone in the first week then came to a standstill...so that must be normal!..not having a fill til march..we have some restriction and are just experimenting with solids now and finding out what goes down well and what gets stuck and hurts..so i dont feel ready for a fill yet even though it was suggested we went mid feb..we all feel that would be too early for us..its still tender around the port stitches, and i wouldnt let anyone near it until its completely healed,which i hope is very soon. im a bit scared of needles and having the fill makes me feel very nervous,so im in no rush cos of that either!..it cant be that bad cos people are going back for more!...im planning it on being over 18 months to 2 years to get my weight off,esp if im scared of fills!.good luck in your saving up!..i am now trying to pay back all the money i borrowed to have it done!.gillian x

Dear Miss Flump, I have just watched all your videos on utube, this was my favorite:Hospital experience Part 1 Video Diary #8.

I am hoping to go to Belgium in March but I am still in the beginning of my research. Can any one tell me how much they paid, recent bans ops please as it'll be more accurate!

Hi fatpants,i am going for op 6th March in Belgium, like you i was trying to found as much info as i can, just found this forum after hours on net i cant say enough about it the guy's here are fab they will answer all your ? if they can it ha been a great help to me,i have been thinking about op for the last two years finnaly pluck up the courage to book op,i first was going to book with Bridget €3.850 since reading post i have booked direct with Dr Chris for €4.070 includes accomadation for you and partner plus taxi's it saves a few bob hope this is of some help:smile:

Hi gillian did you have your fish and egg? i had poached egg and small tin of spaghetti and it was lovely, a change from the fish and veg iv been having. I might still go for my fill this month.. im going to decide the night before, the only time i get any discomfort from the port area is if i put pressure on it, so i hope by the 12th it will be fine. We are going away in may so id miss that date and dont really want to wait till june till get the 3rd fill, but like i said i will see what im like 1st x

Hi shoes just over 4 weeks till you go.. bet you cant wait, when i had that time left thats all i could think about and i felt much happier in myself cos i new i was getting it done also stupidly i even felt lighter. Probably cos i was on cloud nine lol. I do hope everything goes as well for you as it has for me x

Hi fatpants,i am going for op 6th March in Belgium, like you i was trying to found as much info as i can, just found this forum after hours on net i cant say enough about it the guy's here are fab they will answer all your ? if they can it ha been a great help to me,i have been thinking about op for the last two years finnaly pluck up the courage to book op,i first was going to book with Bridget €3.850 since reading post i have booked direct with Dr Chris for €4.070 includes accomadation for you and partner plus taxi's it saves a few bob hope this is of some help:smile:

Hello ive just managed to get the money for the band but when it comes to getting flights and hotels costs a fortune...what is the cost in pounds for all inclusive package and how do i book direct with dr chris...thank you so much

Hello ive just managed to get the money for the band but when it comes to getting flights and hotels costs a fortune...what is the cost in pounds for all inclusive package and how do i book direct with dr chris...thank you so much

Hi there the inclusive package cost around £3675 depending on the exchange rate .This includes all your taxis to and from hospital plus your op plus your hotel for three nights for you and a partner.To contact dr chris you can go through his managment team fredrick.His email is frederik.serneels@ecfs.be .He is not very quick to answer emails so be prepared to wait a few days.You will need to pay for your own flights to brussels international airport.Hope this helps.

Hi there the inclusive package cost around £3675 depending on the exchange rate .This includes all your taxis to and from hospital plus your op plus your hotel for three nights for you and a partner.To contact dr chris you can go through his managment team fredrick.His email is frederik.serneels@ecfs.be .He is not very quick to answer emails so be prepared to wait a few days.You will need to pay for your own flights to brussels international airport.Hope this helps.
##

This is great help thank you im going to try and get an appointment booked for sometime in march im very nervous but happy at the same time....:cursing:

I was nervous before i went and so were most of the people on here but you will be fine .Dr chris is a good surgeon and you will be in good hands.

Hi tanyac, pleased to see you on this thread. Myself, gillian & wishfull all done now, it seems like a long time ago and I had a couple of setbacks - mainly a couple of episodes of sickness shortly after surgery and then the gas type pain in chest area which eased off over about 7-10 days. But we are all doing well now and have nothing but praise for how the procedure is undertaken and the excellent care. The only thing left is the so called 'dissolving' stitches to fall out, although I can't ever see that happening, they are showing no signs of breaking down and still very reluctant to let go of me! Can see them still being there this time next year.

Yes, we are all now 'experimenting' with foods after a limited diet of mush until last week - altho some of us (i.e sister gillian) have been experimenting more than others with things like chips, curry, mini eggs etc!

The price Bobobaldy has quoted in his post is probably at the current exchange rate and as he says, this will all depend on the rate offered when you change your money, the euros price is 4,070 and the only extras are your flights to Belgium then. As far as flights are concerned, we got really cheap ones from Ryanair but it was flying into and back from Charleroi and on reflection, I would have rather flown to Brussels as Charleroi is around 1 hour away and particularly on the way home, less travelling time really helps. However, the prices may cost more flying into Brussels so I expect it depends on how tight money is?

Hope your saving goes well and you are in a position to go ahead before long, bigsister x

Hi tanyac i got banded 3 weeks this friday and i cant believe how quick it has gone and how well i have felt, i cant say i had a lot of pain it was more i felt really crappy and hot but i think that was because my blood pressure went really low, other than that i took nurofen melts which helped with what bit of pain i had. so far i have lost at 15lbs but it has been stuck on that for the past week or so and i havnt cheated at all and been really good with what i have been eating.. i suppose once i get my fills things will start to change for me (i hope). Hope your able to get your band soon, it has really made me think about what i am eating and changed my outlook.. funny really cos i have done all the weight watchers and slimming world and every other diet under the sun and never felt this positive.. maybe its because of the amount of money it has cost, my partner paid for it cos he didnt want me getting a loan, thats probably why im being so good, i dont want to let him down x