Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

So sorry about your poor dog Flirty, dogs do like to chase sheep, cos sheep are stupid. Seems very harsh to shoot him, poor thing.

Hey Bigfred, we are mostly Brits here, but we welcome you.

You certainly travelled a long way.

Did you find it cheaper, even with the airfare? I thought the US was cheaper, obviously not.

I think a month is about the right length of time if you are not sore, otherwise, wait, dont put yourself through it too soon girls.

Talking of fills......

I had my first fill last Thursday, which was 4 weeks and 2 days post op. Frederik had just booked a room in a private clinic for the day. The receptionist did not have a list of his patients and indeed I was not on the list of pateints that Frederik himself had, even though I booked with him in Brussels before I left. The receptionist asked me to take a seat and Frederik just called out 'next' in the waitng room after seeing off his previous patient. So those of you worried that you are not booked in, worry thee not. You will be seen, regardless.

I do not want to be the bearer of bad news, but some of you may not have read my post on Facebook. Do not expect to be remembered or treated as an individual. I thought it was a one-off experience I had, but I have been chatting to another of his 'fill patients' and she had the same treatment - well worse actually as he did not even weigh her.

I was expecting a full 15 minutes with Frederik and had lots of questions and advice to ask for. It seemed as if he was just on autopilot - going through the motions. The whole experience was very uncomfortable. I had gone in quite nervous but excited and came out like I was just another number, as he seemed eager to be 'rid of me' and on to his next patient. Before I left the clinic he told me to have a few sips of Water, then a gulp and if I had a problem swallowing or keeping that down, to knock on his door.

The fill itself was not painful, just uncomfortable a bit, and I felt queasy afterwards just thinking about what I had just gone through. He asked me to lay on a bed (I made him change the towels on it first), then he felt for the port with his hand, then he pierced the skin with the needle and then manoevred it once inside the body to the right part of the port. I did feel the liquid. When he finsihed, he pulled the needle out and quickly, half-heartedly wiped the entry point with a bit of stuff (which I can only assume was a sterile solution).

I was actually told afterwards, when I booked my next one, that it would take up to 7 fills to reach a good restriction, but this obvioulsly varied from patient to patient. I began to think if this was all a 'con'

Not sure if I should post this post, and may even have to remove it at some stage, but have kept quiet until now as I thought it was a one-off experience as no-one else had reported anything similar.

Good luck guys x

Edited by TropicalLagoon

Thank you for posting all about your experience Tropical, I'm sure other girls/guys will be glad of this.

At least we all know what to expect now.

I suppose that Dr Chris does so many band ops that Frederick cant possibly remember each individual, though the personal touch is always nice.

Have you ever thought of going somewhere else for your fill, because I went to another fill provider instead of travelling all the way down South to see my surgeon.

There are a lot of places that do adjustments for bandsters, if you're not happy with the treatment received then do some research, because I wouldnt put myself through it if I didnt feel comfortable with the service.

Hope this helps in some way and good luck.

Talking of fills......

I had my first fill last Thursday, which was 4 weeks and 2 days post op. Frederik had just booked a room in a private clinic for the day. The receptionist did not have a list of his patients and indeed I was not on the list of pateints that Frederik himself had, even though I booked with him in Brussels before I left. The receptionist asked me to take a seat and Frederik just called out 'next' in the waitng room after seeing off his previous patient. So those of you worried that you are not booked in, worry thee not. You will be seen, regardless.

I do not want to be the bearer of bad news, but some of you may not have read my post on Facebook. Do not expect to be remembered or treated as an individual. I thought it was a one-off experience I had, but I have been chatting to another of his 'fill patients' and she had the same treatment - well worse actually as he did not even weigh her.

I was expecting a full 15 minutes with Frederik and had lots of questions and advice to ask for. It seemed as if he was just on autopilot - going through the motions. The whole experience was very uncomfortable. I had gone in quite nervous but excited and came out like I was just another number, as he seemed eager to be 'rid of me' and on to his next patient. Before I left the clinic he told me to have a few sips of Water, then a gulp and if I had a problem swallowing or keeping that down, to knock on his door.

The fill itself was not painful, just uncomfortable a bit, and I felt queasy afterwards just thinking about what I had just gone through. He asked me to lay on a bed (I made him change the towels on it first), then he felt for the port with his hand, then he pierced the skin with the needle and then manoevred it once inside the body to the right part of the port. I did feel the liquid. When he finsihed, he pulled the needle out and quickly, half-heartedly wiped the entry point with a bit of stuff (which I can only assume was a sterile solution).

I was actually told afterwards, when I booked my next one, that it would take up to 7 fills to reach a good restriction, but this obvioulsly varied from patient to patient. I began to think if this was all a 'con'

Not sure if I should post this post, and may even have to remove it at some stage, but have kept quiet until now as I thought it was a one-off experience as no-one else had reported anything similar.

Good luck guys x

Hi TL. Quite concerned to read this, in what way were you meaning a con? The number of fills needed(?) meaning more cost or did you mean in some other way? Do you know whether the same people do the same locations i.e Frederick always doing Manchester etc. If that's the case, then maybe I might decide to travel to wherever Dr Chris undertakes his - anyone know if he always does the London clinic dates?

Great news Freckles on your date - you can now go off and have a relaxing holiday knowing that it is all in place now.

Welcome to Bigfred, I am also interested in what made you decide to travel to Belgium for the surgery, it's quite a way from the USA. It is 14lbs in a stone so you have lost almost 2 and a half stones which is great, keep up the good work!

Bigsister x

ps - sorry to hear about your dog flirtylass

O dear i think i will be waiting till the march date for my 1st fill.. i know the port area would of healed better by then, Sounds like a horror story but im glad you have told us so we know what to expect and its not going to be a walk in the park. Welcome 2 bigfred and well done on your weight loss your doing great, I got banded 2 wks tomorrow and lost 15lb so far. Keep up the good work x

I got banded with dr chris at the end of october .I had to wait till the end of december as there was no appointments left in november .As tropical lagoon said i thought i would be in for a while with dr chris for my fill but i was in and out in five min .When i went to make an appointment with julie for january i was told there was none left and it would have to be febuary which i was not happy about.So i booked a package with wls group that gives you unlimited fills or defills for 6 months for only £275 if you book before 31/1/09.I thought this was a good deal.So i went for my first fill with them 2 days ago and the nurse wendy was great.I was in for a full half hour with her and she gave me advice on diet and what i was doing right and what i was doing wrong.I would recomend it to the ladys on here that are ready to get there first fills soon.It was a bit more of a personal touch than in and back out in five min and all the questions i had she answered no problem.

I got banded with dr chris at the end of october .I had to wait till the end of december as there was no appointments left in november .As tropical lagoon said i thought i would be in for a while with dr chris for my fill but i was in and out in five min .When i went to make an appointment with julie for january i was told there was none left and it would have to be febuary which i was not happy about.So i booked a package with wls group that gives you unlimited fills or defills for 6 months for only £275 if you book before 31/1/09.I thought this was a good deal.So i went for my first fill with them 2 days ago and the nurse wendy was great.I was in for a full half hour with her and she gave me advice on diet and what i was doing right and what i was doing wrong.I would recomend it to the ladys on here that are ready to get there first fills soon.It was a bit more of a personal touch than in and back out in five min and all the questions i had she answered no problem.

Thanks bobobaldy, that is interesting. I've not heard of WLS group, are they throughout the UK?

Yes i think so .They have clinics once a month through out britain and twice a month in london.

Hey i know exactly what u mean about fills with frederik its a big rush i go in wanting to ask questions and come out without asking one this will be my 5th fill im not leaving this time without at least .5ml cos i know he said id only be getting .25ml and i know from last time as little as .5ml can make a difference i currently have 5.75mls i think fred is very sweet but it comes accross false also i think his scales is always wrong i know the fills are €120 dont know what they are in sterlin but at the current rate they would be expensive but demand more time with him and ask the questions u want to im putting my foot down from now on even though fingers crossed i wont need another fill for a while as i really hope il get restriction with this one

Hi bobobaldy, iv had a look on the WLS web sight and unfortunately they havnt a clinic any where near i live, i think i might see if there is anything closer tho, thanx for the advice x

Hi bobobaldy, iv had a look on the WLS web sight and unfortunately they havnt a clinic any where near i live, i think i might see if there is anything closer tho, thanx for the advice x

No problems for anybody else intrested they have clinics in

london,newcastle,glasgow,dublin leeds,cardiff,sheffield,belfast,birmingham and preston.

Hi bigsister iv had a look on the web sight and they have a clinic in sheffield, lucky you x

Have checked out the WLS website and yes, there is a clinic only about 10-15 mins away. Think this may well be worth considering as £275 for unlimited fills for 6 months is about what it would cost in total for just 2 fills once you take travel costs into account and there's also the amount of time it takes you to travel to your nearest location. Going to look into it with sister Gillian. Thanks v much for that info Bobobaldy!

Hi shoes im grand drinking can gulp away but must say i drink feck all i was never too good at gettin fluids in like i said earlier this will be my 5th fill i just take skin hair and nail Vitamin they have all ur Vitamins in there but really aimed at skin hair and nails i took them even before the op i dont think u really need vitamins but theres no harm in it

No problems for anybody else intrested they have clinics in

london,newcastle,glasgow,dublin leeds,cardiff,sheffield,belfast,birmingham and preston.

Im waiting to hear from the shire clinic, its only about 20 mins from where i live, they do gastric banding but not sure if they do fills.. its worth a try and if not i will have to go to manchester as that will be the closest.