Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Ey by eck that was rough!

Ended up in hospital due to overfill!

36 hours I couldnt drink or swallow saliva, the pain in my chest and back was incredible. I was utterly dying.

In the end they put me on a drip and emptied my band - what a waste of money that fill was!!!!

I can drink today but still in pain, and woke up several times choking and having fluids shoot out of my nose!!

So now I have less in my band than I did before the fill. :( ffs And I'm over a 100 down for nothing.

Hi Wannabe, I went for fill in Manchester and asked Frederik for .5ml fill as I was near to restriction and he put 1ml in the syringe but we got distracted talking and after the fill I asked him how much he put in and he realised he had put the whole 1ml in. He did offer to take half out but we decided to see how it went. All was well for about 2weeks but I started to get tighter and tighter. Cos the guy couldnt get anything out at the emergency defill and I had travelled over to Belgium Dr Chris gave me 2 free fills, which I thought was extremely fair.

Hi Wannabe, I went for fill in Manchester and asked Frederik for .5ml fill as I was near to restriction and he put 1ml in the syringe but we got distracted talking and after the fill I asked him how much he put in and he realised he had put the whole 1ml in. He did offer to take half out but we decided to see how it went. All was well for about 2weeks but I started to get tighter and tighter. Cos the guy couldnt get anything out at the emergency defill and I had travelled over to Belgium Dr Chris gave me 2 free fills, which I thought was extremely fair.

oh right that is fair hun afterall you had to travel over to belgium,at least your all sorted its horrible being overfilled i swore it would never happen to me again little by little is best,because if your stressed your band automatically tightens anyway lol xx glad your ok weight to go hun xx

Hey Odgemodge,

How you feeling now? Losing anymore weight? If you're not sure, phone Steve or Wendy, they'll give you all the advise you need. You know i said i had full restriction........... well, i was really ill last week and just drank Water all week. Lost 7lbs, but now i,m not struggling to eat most things. It's weird, i can eat a normal meal ( in very small quantities) whereas i was really struggling before. Bizarre huh? Any ideas? x x

Hey Tee bird

yes I'm not doing bad I lost 6 pounds in total since my fill 2 weeks ago sad.png really confused coz I haven't eaten bread Pasta rice or potatoes since fill and am mainly eating fish. only eating a side plate of food as well. also have cut out tea and coffee and fizzy and am just drinking squash and green tea now plus doing zumba twice a week so god knows what's going on coz the scales aren't moving????

Hey Tee bird

yes I'm not doing bad I lost 6 pounds in total since my fill 2 weeks ago sad.png really confused coz I haven't eaten bread Pasta rice or potatoes since fill and am mainly eating fish. only eating a side plate of food as well. also have cut out tea and coffee and fizzy and am just drinking squash and green tea now plus doing zumba twice a week so god knows what's going on coz the scales aren't moving????

Hey Odge,

The scales will move, your body is just catching up with the immediate 6lb weight loss. It's happening to me too. I haven't loss even 100 grams in the last week since losing 7lb because my body is evening itself out. Stop weighing your self and maybe weigh in only once a week at the very most. Surely you haven't got 48lb to go? When we spoke on the phone, we were doing about the same x

Good morning all!

I'm over the moon, I'm book in for the 1st June to be banded. Already dreaming of all the clothes shopping I Be doing. :-) I'm sure nearer the time I will have loads of question! Hope all weight loss is still moving!

X

Good morning all!

I'm over the moon, I'm book in for the 1st June to be banded. Already dreaming of all the clothes shopping I Be doing. :-) I'm sure nearer the time I will have loads of question! Hope all weight loss is still moving!

X

so pleased for you mini me,just watch you dont pile on the weight from now till then because its more too lose when you start lol, i know because i gained about 2 stone doing the whole i might not be able to eat this again lol,but it is so exciting having a date and looking forward to it any question just ask all the girls and guys are fab on here anyway and have been through pretty much everything lol good luck

Hey Guys

Long time since I have been on here - nice to see some newbies about to start their journey.

Please heed the advice about little fills - I had a fill in May 2011, was fine for months losing 1-2 lb a week and then just before Xmas I really tightened up for no reason and ended up having to get an emergency defill at start of January - suffered for weeks - totally not worth it.

I went to see Dr Chris today in Edinburgh and he has topped me back up - I had 2.5mls taken out at the de-fill and decided to get 1.5 back in today - taking the slowly slowly approach.

I gained 12 lbs since my defill and confident that my fill will get that shifted in a short time but if it takes time - who cares - at least my health is back on track

Hope everyone is doing well

Kerry x

Well went for my first fill today and 5mins away from the surgery my car broke down! Couldn't even leave it as I was in a bus lane in central Edinburgh........so disappointed, next appointment isn't till 22nd march!

Great to hear about everyones progress. I read all posts and love the successes. Ooops I must update my ticker. Love mmm.

Hi Girls

Hows the weight loss going? I'm so sad at the moment as my fill was nearly 3 weeks ago putting 6.25 in my 7-9 ml band and my weight loss just isnt really moving i seem stuck on 188lb. i'm not eating very many carbs so I dont get it? any ideas?

Hi Girls

Hows the weight loss going? I'm so sad at the moment as my fill was nearly 3 weeks ago putting 6.25 in my 7-9 ml band and my weight loss just isnt really moving i seem stuck on 188lb. i'm not eating very many carbs so I dont get it? any ideas?

hi odge i have 6.75 in my band and only mainly eat Soup and the odd choc bar and ive stayed the same for ages,every so often it jumps a wee bit i think its are bodies adjusting but my body shape has changed so maybe you should check to see if your loosing inches instead of weight hun and when the weather eventually gets a bit nicer im gonna walk more to see if it will help speed up the process lol

hi odge i have 6.75 in my band and only mainly eat Soup and the odd choc bar and ive stayed the same for ages,every so often it jumps a wee bit i think its are bodies adjusting but my body shape has changed so maybe you should check to see if your loosing inches instead of weight hun and when the weather eventually gets a bit nicer im gonna walk more to see if it will help speed up the process lol

I agree with Slinky Jo, don't worry, stop looking at the scales and let your body adjust. Don't deprive yourself of anything, you need all food groups to lose it slowly and keep it off. Your body will try to retain all the fat in your food if your depriving yourself. Hadn't thought about the scales for a week and now my weight is moving again. Trying not to think about weight loss, just enjoying normal life......... it will happen before you know it. Remember: a watched pot never boils (or whatever the saying is!) x

Thanks Guys its not so much that I'm depriving myself its just I'm staying away from bread Pasta rice and potatoes as much as possible as that's what bloats me out lol.laugh.png

lol thats ok odge i just eat what stay down wether it be a sandwich or choc and crisp lol,i use to worry but now i just want to make sure i eat somthing lol