Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

You poor thing Sanflan, how awful you must feel.

I dont know why you have so much pain, have you mailed Dr Chris or Frederik?

That doesnt seem quite right to me, if you are taking pain killers and still have so much pain.

Us women are made of sturdy stuff you know, so dont ever think you're a baby.

I think if it were me, then I would go to my GP and see what he can give you to ease the pain.

I hope it improves very soon. xx

hi guys.. advice please.... i had my first fill yesterday in Bristol 4mls and he said liquids for 2 days i was so hungry last night i couldn't sleep i've eaten an omelette today nmo problem can't feel any difference, i have 2 needle marks where he injected me i kinda think it just went in my stomach not in the port as he struggle to find it?can anyone advise me pls

BTS,

Doesnt sound like anything went into your port does it.

But a lot of girlies say they dont have any restriction until after a few fills and you reach your sweet spot.

After fills I never used to feel hungry anyway, so the liquid only didnt bother me.

Sometimes it is hard for the surgeon to find the port, my damn port kept moving.

Maybe you should contact Dr Chris and ask hunny.

Omelettes are pretty hard to eat, so I understand about the non- restriction.:scared2:

Hi sanflan when i was in hospital last week they made us stay on the oxygen for 24hrs as for pain relief, are your painkillers strong enuf. I wish i had stayed the extra night cos i felt like crap, really hot and thought i was going to pass out, they even had to get a 1st aider to me at the airport to see if i was ok to fly.. after 48 hrs i felt much better i still get the trapped wind in my back and my neck and it always seems worse at night, apparently its normal and should go after bwt 10 days. if your unsure bwt anything get checked out by your gp. Hope your feeling better soon x

You poor thing Sanflan, how awful you must feel.

I dont know why you have so much pain, have you mailed Dr Chris or Frederik?

That doesnt seem quite right to me, if you are taking pain killers and still have so much pain.

Us women are made of sturdy stuff you know, so dont ever think you're a baby.

I think if it were me, then I would go to my GP and see what he can give you to ease the pain.

I hope it improves very soon. xx

Thank you freckles, I haven't been in touch as I've found frederick very nice, but a bit slow with the emails! Think they're very busy. I'm just feeling sorry for myself. If the pain doesnt impove over the next couple days I will get an appt with my GP. For now I am going to get myself to Boots soon as my husband is actually showered and out of bed! and ask for something stronger. Does any one know if I am only allowed the disovable stuff like Dr Chris gave me? Will try some rennies for the wind too.
Hi sanflan when i was in hospital last week they made us stay on the oxygen for 24hrs as for pain relief, are your painkillers strong enuf. I wish i had stayed the extra night cos i felt like crap, really hot and thought i was going to pass out, they even had to get a 1st aider to me at the airport to see if i was ok to fly.. after 48 hrs i felt much better i still get the trapped wind in my back and my neck and it always seems worse at night, apparently its normal and should go after bwt 10 days. if your unsure bwt anything get checked out by your gp. Hope your feeling better soon x

Thanks wishful, that sounds just like me. glad i'm not the only one!

Saflan i had everything you describe from the pain to the oxygen to the sickness so no ur not a baby!!!, it does end tho, hope ur feeling better soon

Thanks BTS! :scared2:

Hi everyone. Just a quick last post before I leave to have my band fitted. I actually had second thoughts this morning about having the op and when my husband said it wasn't too late to cancel if I wanted, I weighed up the pros and cons and decided if I ever want to be slim, for me this is the only way, so my decision is onward and upward (not weight wise though!). Many thanks to everyone for your kind wishes and thoughts - all very much appreciated. I will let you all know how things went when I get back. T xx

thankyou flirtylass my bmi is 39 ive been referel to the hospital to see if i could get the band on the nhs but the have refered me to a dietition im a little annoy but cant get anything for nothing these day.

I tried to get NHS funding too and was also referred to the dietician, who assured me this was all part of the procedure, and the wait to see the consultant was 12 months.

When I phoned a few weeks back to tell her of my plans, she then told me that I didnt meet the criteria anyway!!!! Cheers for that lady.:scared2:

Tamisu should be done and dusted, or at least plucked and feathered buy now, I keep thinking of each of as you have gone for your op and theres not many more on my list to cross out only TC27 I think before me, lets hope all is well for them and they report back with good news.

How does anyone feel about having a weekly weigh in report so that we can help each other and support those who are struggling. perhaps a sunday (before lunch) weigh in ??

Hi guys I had my band! I'm happy about it all being over but a bit confused as was more painful and invasive then I expected it to be. Everyone else seems to be in no pain at all and chirpy as can be after, not sure if I'm just being a baby as I've never had kids or had to stay in hospital before? First i spent the first night (even with all the drugs in my system) almost unable to sleep, constantly turning as I was in so much pain, the past three nights Ive been able to sleep but not with out loads of pain and waking up at least 3-4 times. Also I woke up attached to oxegyen?? I was the only one in the room it was uncomfortable and the nurse said I didnt have enough in my blood after the surgery must be why I kept feeling really short of breath. Also was made really sick by pain killers and barium... had an accident in my hotel room (Mortified). And in the end even though I had suregery Tuesday I had to exchaneg my tickets to come home friday instead of Thursday as I was so unwell!! I feel like the stiches are incredibly painful, but not half as bad as the horrible trapped wind, It beings me to tears several times a day..really trapped wind!, I'm really suffering for it. Am I the only one? Everyone else seems so happy after it all!

aah sanflan...i was exactly the same as you, and im only a few days infront now..but believe me, every day gets easier during the first week...and i found the trapped wind was the worse pain too...my stitches are tightening up today and it does pull more now but having port one out tues and hopefully others will dissolve very quickly!..(does anyone else have any advice on those dissolving stitches please?) although they look like fishing line! sanflan, get some chewy remegels..they really help with the trapped wind.I was chewing em by the bucket full! let us know how your feeling tomorrow . gillian x

Hi Kath just wondering about ur band do u have a 10ml band just wondering cos i had 4fills and only at 5.75mls i begged for more as i was getting no restriction but frederik said their only allowed put so much in at a time i was so mad and even worse now that i see u have so much after 3fills he was obviously telling lies

Hi Flirtylass,sorry for the delay in replying but I've had trouble getting onto the site. My band is 9.something (very nearly ten). On my first fill, Dr Chris gave me the choice of 1,2, or 3mls so I opted for the 3. On my second fill, I saw Chris Deprez, and he said he would see how much he could get in, which was 2.5 mls (apparently, their guidelines say it should be 2mls )I only know this because my husband kept asking Frederick questions when he did my third fill!! Frederick was only going to put half a ml in, but my husband pushed him to see how much my band would take before the pressure pushed the solution out again (and it was 1ml)! He wasn't too happy and insisted I stay on liquids for an extra day to let the inflammation go down. I learnt something I didn't know.........apparently when they give you a fill, it causes inflammation to the bit of stomach under the band for a few days until it relax's back again! If I were you, I would ask them to put enough in until it starts to come back out, ( that's how they know when the needle is actually in the port, as they suck some out before putting more in).

Hope I've been of some help to anyone worrying that the solution didn't go into their port, but remember you won't feel a great difference until you've got to your 3rd and 4th fills....it's just the "lucky few" who get restriction on their 1st and 2nd fills. Hope I haven't put anyone off!!! Kath.x:unsure::thumbdown:

Sanflan, about the pain, someone mentioned Nuerofen Melts on here, I havent tried them, but I will be buying some before my op.

aah sanflan...i was exactly the same as you, and im only a few days infront now..but believe me, every day gets easier during the first week...and i found the trapped wind was the worse pain too...my stitches are tightening up today and it does pull more now but having port one out tues and hopefully others will dissolve very quickly!..(does anyone else have any advice on those dissolving stitches please?) although they look like fishing line! sanflan, get some chewy remegels..they really help with the trapped wind.I was chewing em by the bucket full! let us know how your feeling tomorrow . gillian x

Hi Gillian, I was just wondering, does Dr Chris tell you to get someone to remove your stitches now, as when I had my band (just last August) he told me to just snip them off as they came through! I was told to look for a blue thread where the port is (but I never did find it!!!) I did have one, in your word's "like a fishing line" where the port is, which was pulled so tight that my skin was puckered-up, so I cut it (with great difficulty, as it was so tight) and pulled it out myself. What a relief!!!! Half the pain I had was because it was stitched so tight!:lol::thumbdown: Kath.x

Sanflan, about the pain, someone mentioned Nuerofen Melts on here, I havent tried them, but I will be buying some before my op.

they are brilliant and they don't taste nasty i had lemon ones expense but worth it i got the last 2 packs on shelf just encase lol!