Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi

I have decided to get the procedure done - just have to save up for it. I live in uk and want to go to Brussels as it seems cheapest and safest there. Anyone know of the above?

Thanks

Hi Susan,

In the words of the prophet , go for it girl!! Chris and his team are highly recommended, and I personally can vouch for them, as I was banded on 9th March, and don't regret a single minute, even the pain bit seems so long ago now. My days are now filled with thoughts of a new me, and it excites me so much.

Regards Paul

Banded on 9th March 2010

weight.png

Have booked my flights for the 3rd May for my op on 4th May so alssorted now all excited at the moment cant wait :)

Anyone else going for surgery Begining of May would love to hear from you.

Well done Paul your weight loss is great.

Scooby hope your feeling better real soon.

Well done to all, your stories are inspirational.

Sussie.

Afternoon All, I am a Bandster!

Met Garry, (Gazmic) and his wife and a bunch of lovely people who I have told to come on here and join the chats and pick up tips!

Everything went smoothly and we have all had a few laughs together. I hve you lot to thanks for all the info and tips gathered from the 500 odd pages!

I cannot praise Dr. Chris, Frederick and all the nurses enough. The care I received was fantastic and the hospital is absolutley spotless. Our room was cleaned 4 times yesterday, the day of surgery, alone. Amazing.

I am sore and can't stand up straight but it is bearable. The worst bit was having the drain removed this morning, oh my god! Oh and getting caught out by the barium when me and hubby went outside to get some fresh air and sun, woopsie!

They have really struggled to get blood out of me so arm and hand is like a pin cushion, and I have 2 lines of about 5 inches of blisters where they took the large dressing off so all sudocremed up now, apart from that I am doing ok fully dosed up on pain killers.

Still can't beleive it's done, I have suprised myself with how I have coped with all the needles and procedures, and even Hubby said he was so suprised to to see me getting up and about etc yesterday and no tears apart from when I saw him when I was wheeled back from recovery.

Most of us have all sat having a lovely Cappuccino in the hotel since we have been back, lasted a good 1.5 hours though!!! Just gonna have a little snooze before Frederik comes to visit.

Good luck to anyone travelling this week. Will report in once I am back home, with some questions no doubt!

Best Wishes

Chrissie x

hi shoes

yeh am good, got a fill 4 weeks ago and was meg tight, i tend to find that i have to just stick with it for 3-4 weeks allbeit i am eating nothing, but then it relaxes enought for me to eat a little.

The thing i really notice now is that i just dont feel hungry and have to force myself to eat, especially for the ammount of training that i do, i was getting really tired t night last week but that coz i was lucky if i was eating a tin of Soup and a couple of spoons of rice, not too good, but relaxed a bit now, so it 2 tins of soup and 3 spoons of rice now, oh and the mandatory daily intake of chocolte ot cake.

My weight is now at 8.5 lost so really pleased, i am only 6 pound off the magic 20 stone mark, my target is 17.5 as with my build i dont think i will get down any more or infact want to, my waist has went from a 58 to a 42 whereas my chest was 58 and has only dropped to 52, but i guess my training has a lot to do with that.

gx

gx

Hi Garry thank for your well wishes and everyone just struggling a bit after the de fill getting hungry all the time have two wait a month just have to be carefull,Garry you've

done really well wont be long till you get that 6lbs of thanks again for all your tips & advice :)

Hi Scobby how are you hope your feeling better did you contact Dr Chris :w00t:

Congrat's to the new bandster's your on your way to a new and healthy life good luck:smile:

Hi guys and gals thought it was about time I checked in. Had my second fill yesterday and it has certainly made a difference. I was feeling a bit fed up having not lost a nano ounce in the last month but I saw Chris for the first time and he was very good and supportive. Also saw the gang mmm and others in the waiting room and as usual they gave me hope seeing how well they have all done. Chris put 2mls in so I am up to 5mls now and just on the Soup at the moment and can only eat little of that so thats good news. Were your ears burning Gary!! mmm said how fit you were and on the day after the op you were jogging arownd the town, unlike me gently walking in the hotel.haha Glad to hear you are doing so well and the weight is falling off again for you. Your amazing. Hopefully I am back on track now and won't be feeling hungry so much. Good luck all you due to be banded and the new bandsters keep up the good work everyone.

Hi Chrissie arrived back home.... bubbles stilll bubbling round but feel much better now home.Was lovely to meet you all over the weekend giving each other lots of support.

I got bit worrid before as i sneezed something went pop in my tummy but it was lower down than op sites. Slept quite well last night on my side too xxxxxxx Hope everyone got home safe and well xx lovely to meet everyonex:thumbup:

Just thought i would let you all know, I am off to Belgium tomorrow. We are driving to Brussells so need to get the 12.20pm car ferry then take steady drive accross Belgium.

My husband wanted to drive as he wants to fill the car with cheap booze for those summer bbq's. Not that i'll be drinking it. So finger's crossed all goes well on Tuesday and hope i'm not the only one there.

will post afterwards when i get back.

Well done to all those who have just been banded - bet your relieved its over and done with

My indigestion has started to ease off - think my body was crying out for food more than anything and now I am able to eat ok it seems to have eased off.

I am booking for my 1st fill at the end of the month and think I really need it as feeling hungry all the time now but trying to avoid over eating and sticking with the little and often approach.

Am I right in thinking it is normal not to lose much weight until you hit the correct level of restriction, not lost anything in the last week even though I am eating very little - think my body has gone into starvation mode

Talk soon

Kerry

Hi guys and gals thought it was about time I checked in. Had my second fill yesterday and it has certainly made a difference. I was feeling a bit fed up having not lost a nano ounce in the last month but I saw Chris for the first time and he was very good and supportive. Also saw the gang mmm and others in the waiting room and as usual they gave me hope seeing how well they have all done. Chris put 2mls in so I am up to 5mls now and just on the Soup at the moment and can only eat little of that so thats good news. Were your ears burning Gary!! mmm said how fit you were and on the day after the op you were jogging arownd the town, unlike me gently walking in the hotel.haha Glad to hear you are doing so well and the weight is falling off again for you. Your amazing. Hopefully I am back on track now and won't be feeling hungry so much. Good luck all you due to be banded and the new bandsters keep up the good work everyone.

HI Barrbs It was nice to meet you and your husband on Friday and see Mmmm as well. Its good to put faces to people. Glad you sorted it with Chris he is a really nice man and very supportive. Good Luck with your weight journey I am sure you will do well the men always moan!! see you both in wales again soon xx

Hi Susan,

In the words of the prophet , go for it girl!! Chris and his team are highly recommended, and I personally can vouch for them, as I was banded on 9th March, and don't regret a single minute, even the pain bit seems so long ago now. My days are now filled with thoughts of a new me, and it excites me so much.

Regards Paul

Banded on 9th March 2010

weight.png

Hi Paul

How are you feeling now - are you eating ok

I am able to eat pretty much anything as long as I chew it which kinda worries me but having been on the chat room everyone says they were the same - didnt really see the benefit of the band until they had a few fills

I go for my first one at end of April and then another at end of May and June - well thats the plan so far

Hope you are well

Kerry

Hi Paul

How are you feeling now - are you eating ok

I am able to eat pretty much anything as long as I chew it which kinda worries me but having been on the chat room everyone says they were the same - didnt really see the benefit of the band until they had a few fills

I go for my first one at end of April and then another at end of May and June - well thats the plan so far

Hope you are well

Kerry

Hello Kerry

I am feeling 100% better now, most of the soreness has finally gone away. Eating is ok for me, I can say I have only felt a little indigestion from time to time, but on the whole it's been fine, I can only eat a limited amount before I feel full which is a good sign. Got my 1st fill on 08/04.

But I can see the weight coming off slowly but surely as of this morning I have officially passed the one stone marker in 18 days! And I am impressed to say the least.

Banded on 9th March 2010

weight.png

Edited by Puddlejumper
typo's

Hi Everyone

Sorry i am a bit behind but i found out i was pregnant a few weeks ago so its been a bit mental.

So looks like we will be having a band baby join us. Considering i have rubbish ovaries and was told i probably wouldnt be able to have children...its amazing how losing weight and being healthy can change your whole life!

xx

oops sorry, if your friends with me on fb please dont post anything on there...i know you wouldnt but just incase...thanks! x

Oh Carrie thats wonderful news hunny, congratulations xxxxx

si_82 thanx so much for that info, I'll tell her, she'll be so pleased, she's got to save up first lol.

Congrats top all you new bandies too.

Sorry this is short and sweet again, been a bit busy, and so tired.

:smile2:oh carrie that is excellent news well done you,i always found when i lost weight i always got pregnant the good thing is you have your band in place and dont have to worry about afterwoods goodluck you will enjoy and to all you other bandsters well done xx