Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Yo Peeps

TIM - thanks for the compliment, p.s im only 5"4

Wishfull - glad your feeling restriction

Mandy - hopefully you might feel restriction in a few days, sometimes it can creep up on you!

Hope all those who have just gained a band are feeling ok x

Anyone who has been on a plane with their bands have any advice for me. I am going to the Gambia next tues its 6 hours on the plane did anyone feel any difference? I will take a needle just incase, i dont want to take any fill out before i go incase i dont need to ?? And yes i just bought 4 bikinis (last time i wore a bikini i think i was about 5) today which i will be wearing!!

And i have a new boyfriend!

Hi Carrie wow 5 new bikinis you knock em dead in the Gambia. I only had 3 ml in my band before flying to florida and it did tighten for 4 days I felt quite restricted but funnily enough it loosened and on flight home I felt no difference. These bands are funny things, I have eaten a weetabix many a time and this morning I Pbd it dont understand it. I know Im desperate for a fill and could eat quite a large portion last night and yet this morning couldnt even get 1/2 a weetabix down. Jx:rolleyes:

Evening everyone.

Well i got my band on tuesday the 8th September (5days ago) and my tummy is really swollen. Im not really in pain, more a soreness which i guess is to be expected at this stage, but i really do look about 7 months pregnant. Did anyone else experience this?

Thanks, Bev

Welcome to the thread!

I booked through Bridget and i did not get much info from her either so dont worry.

Sometimes the info you get from Bridget, Chris and Fred can take a long time as i think they are so busy. Most of the answers you are looking for can be found on these pages. You will need to do a low fat diet for 2 weeks before the op to help shrink your liver. Nothing drastic just a sensible healthy diet. You will get a pack containing info on what you can eat after the op when you go.

You can look at companies like WLS who give fill packages in the UK for a certain amount of time, alternatively Dr Chris's assistant Fred does fills in the UK for between £90 and £100 each. Your local private hospital or clinic may offer them also.

I paid the Hotel when i arrived, as long as you have confirmation of your booking it should be fine.

Hope this helps x

Hi Thanks for this info, I have booked through Fred but have not received a confirmation from the hotel, is that ok? I am not sure what to eat before or after or when to book a package with WLS for fills, is this best before or after - help please?

Hi Everyone

Just a quickie - I've been getting everything ready before my op on 6th Oct. Just wondering about these girdle thingys. Are they like pants? Do they come up as far as the bra? How do they stay up? Where can I get some?

When you have op do you have a bandage for support? or could I wear a girdle then?

Any advice would be great.

Not long to go now. 1 week before I start the low fat dieting.

Thanks everyone.

Good Luck Debs, let me know about the girldles from M & S as I am being banded on 16th Oct and if they work I may go and get some, as I have to go back to work after five days and havent told anyone!!

Well done on been banded bev i thought the pain was terrible when i got banded.I thought what the hell have i done but the pain eases away day by day.

I dont think you get confirmation from the hotel oliverdog you just turn up and fred will have told them your name.

You wont have a fill for six weeks after your banded so you can book up after you come home.

I weighed in this morning for my monthly weigh in and i have lost 7lb so well chuffed with that.I relay struggled at the start of the month as i had a load of party's to go and we were away for a weekend break but it has speeded up in the last week or so I'm glad to get to seven lbs with a bad month behind me.The only thing is I'm away tomorrow for a week with work and there will be lots of temptations again so i think i will struggle again the start of this month.

Right TIN your spoken for enough of the flirting, lol. I cant wait until my fill but I know it will probably take another fill on top of the one on Tuesday to get some kind of restriction. Is this what they call bandster hell? By the way I l lost another 2lbs weighed myself this morning but havent time to update my ticker I have been sticking to the Protein thing. I must say it was through will power as I am pretty damn hungry.

Mandy I hope you have better luck after this fill, I understand you have 6ml put in but how many fills in total do you have? Also wear big panty girdle knicker things, when I had port pain they really helped:blush: Jx

lol...nah thought id give garry a wee run for his money ??

doesnt work though:smile:

being honest brill to hear from CJ and i hope one day i can take my pic from under the bed(mice will be happy for sure) and put it on here for everyone to see!!!:wub:

and not saying ....PUT IT BACK!!:tongue2:

and CJ meant it all keep it going lass!

Yo Peeps

TIM - thanks for the compliment, p.s im only 5"4

Wishfull - glad your feeling restriction

Mandy - hopefully you might feel restriction in a few days, sometimes it can creep up on you!

Hope all those who have just gained a band are feeling ok x

Anyone who has been on a plane with their bands have any advice for me. I am going to the Gambia next tues its 6 hours on the plane did anyone feel any difference? I will take a needle just incase, i dont want to take any fill out before i go incase i dont need to ?? And yes i just bought 4 bikinis (last time i wore a bikini i think i was about 5) today which i will be wearing!!

And i have a new boyfriend!

CJ im only 5"1 so i DO need heels!:tongue2:

and must update you i too have a new "boyfriend" so sadly time is not right??

but i will say (and ignore homecare) i am not spoken for but just unable to free myself from the cuffs.....???:wub:

p.s if you cant flirt...i dunno:rolleyes:

CJ ever been to the tattoo??

CJ im only 5"1 so i DO need heels!:)

and must update you i too have a new "boyfriend" so sadly time is not right??

but i will say (and ignore homecare) i am not spoken for but just unable to free myself from the cuffs.....???:thumbdown:

p.s if you cant flirt...i dunno:rolleyes:

CJ ever been to the tattoo??

People will get the wrong idea about you, even Im confused:confused:lol. jX

Well done on been banded bev i thought the pain was terrible when i got banded.I thought what the hell have i done but the pain eases away day by day.

I dont think you get confirmation from the hotel oliverdog you just turn up and fred will have told them your name.

You wont have a fill for six weeks after your banded so you can book up after you come home.

I weighed in this morning for my monthly weigh in and i have lost 7lb so well chuffed with that.I relay struggled at the start of the month as i had a load of party's to go and we were away for a weekend break but it has speeded up in the last week or so I'm glad to get to seven lbs with a bad month behind me.The only thing is I'm away tomorrow for a week with work and there will be lots of temptations again so i think i will struggle again the start of this month.

BObo well done on this months weight loss your doing a cracking job and you must feel great. What does workmates and friends think about the new you. Jx:thumbup:

hi everyone, thankyou for the nice welcome.

I started my pre op diet today quite excited to start losing some weight after having let myself go over the past year whilst being pregnant now my son is here and having a good few months of over indulgmnet its time to put my foot down and start losing those pounds!!

thank you carriejess for your answers they were helpful i feel a little more relaxed now.

BObo well done on this months weight loss your doing a cracking job and you must feel great. What does workmates and friends think about the new you. Jx:thumbup:

Thanks homecare ye im feeling alot better about myself now alot more confident.The best feeling for me is getting in to clothes better.Im looking at a pair of jeans and thinking im not going to get my fat arse in them and i can its brilliant.My workmates think im looking a lot better and so does my friends.Its a good feeling not being the fattist person in a group now i actully feel "normal".

People will get the wrong idea about you, even Im confused:confused:lol. jX

hi homcare...lol...yeh just read that post back again and it is very confusing!:)

anyway good luck for tomorrow seeing wendy for your fill!

i wonder how much she will put in our bands this time?

later

TIN:thumbup:

Ok everyone I really need an answer to this......define productive burping please.

I have had a discussion with my (banded) daughter and she says its when you lose the whole meal.

I always thought it was just gloop and a few things that hadnt been chewed properly.

What are everyone else's views?

I also find that if I have overeaten (chance would be a fine thing eh) but it feels like that on a tiny amount, then if I crunch some ice cubes in my mouth, or even let them melt it eases the horrid choking/uncomfortable feeling in my chest.:blink:

Ok everyone I really need an answer to this......define productive burping please.

I have had a discussion with my (banded) daughter and she says its when you lose the whole meal.

I always thought it was just gloop and a few things that hadnt been chewed properly.

What are everyone else's views?

I also find that if I have overeaten (chance would be a fine thing eh) but it feels like that on a tiny amount, then if I crunch some ice cubes in my mouth, or even let them melt it eases the horrid choking/uncomfortable feeling in my chest.:blink:

I agree with you i have never thrown up a whole meal always just that last little bit that you knew you should not have eaten!

Having ice or a drink with loads of ice in numbs your throat so its easier to eat...maybe you could try doing that before you eat so you can get a few more calories in Freckles?

I wish i had PB'd my whole meal tonight as my freind owns a chip shop and i finally succumbed and ate a whole jumbo battered sausage and about 10 chips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was amazing! But not a good start for my pre holiday diet, i think i could do with a small fill but i dont want to give myself one because of the plane journey....oh dear looks like i may have to resort to will power!