Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Sorry guys, just one more question.

When the band is first fitted there is no liquid in it, do you still get weight loss at this time up until the first fill. Do you always need to get a fill? How often do you have to have a fill?

Well done to Cassie for reaching her target

Thanks again.

you are looking hot babe,i guess i am bombed oot if you met the love of your life on fri. hahaha

gx

well you know Garry i have already spent alot of time in Edinburgh this year due to a long distance relationship, its only an hour away afterall :thumbup:

anyway whats going on with Flirty where is she?!

Hi Everyone

My date is fast approaching I was just wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me.

Where about will the incision be, I'm assuming just below braline and above waist? where will the port be? Is it around the same area?

Do I have to do a liquid diet for 2 weeks, or is it just a low fat diet?

I believe it's a liquid diet for 2 weeks after op. Do you think slim fast would be ok for that two weeks until the mushie food starts?

After having the op (during the time of liquid diet) if I am in pain, can I take pain killers, swallow whole tablets i.e. paracetamol?

Sorry for all the questions, but I do find all your advice invaluable.

Thanks

ok here goes....

Scars are - one in the centre of my chest under the bra line, one a few inches above the belly button, one just to the right of that, one on the left hand side of my chest a few inches below rib cage, posrt scar on the right hand side of my chest just below my ribs. None of the scars are longer than a cm and if i was wearing a bikini now no one would be able to tell as they are very faded.

Only a low fat diet is required for the 2 weeks prior this is to help shrink your liver, you do not have to go mental just a sensible diet more like weight watchers or slimming world that kind of thing.

You can swallow tablets after the op, they will give you some to take with you, you can take any painkillers you like when you get home, i took normal ones because i hate the fizzy disolvable ones although they are better.

You could do slim fast on your post op diet but it is full of suger. I would try and stick to natural stuff that will give you all the nutrients you need like homemade Soups, yoghurt etc......try and keep it varied. The worst bit about liquid and mushies is the boredom because you eat all the same food all the time which can make you crave naughty things. It is entirely possible to eat a packet of wotsits whilst you are doing your post op diet!

well you know Garry i have already spent alot of time in Edinburgh this year due to a long distance relationship, its only an hour away afterall :thumbup:

anyway whats going on with Flirty where is she?!

that is very true luv, flirty is ok she hd to go back to leeds to get a drain in her tummy as she was gathering some Fluid but i think she is ok, not spoke to her for a few dys.you fill your boots bbe wi the new guy and hopefully one day all on here cn meet somewhere convenient sure it would be a laugh.

gxxxx

Sorry guys, just one more question.

When the band is first fitted there is no liquid in it, do you still get weight loss at this time up until the first fill. Do you always need to get a fill? How often do you have to have a fill?

Well done to Cassie for reaching her target

Thanks again.

You wil still lose after the op even though there is no liquid in it you still have a band restricting your stomach. Plus you have had surgery so there is fluid/gas restriction etc and you just will not feel like eating. You may keep some restriction after the swelling has gone down until you have your firts fill, normally 6 wks after the op. Your first fill will probably be a double fill (3ml) then you should have restriction again. There will be times when you feel that you do not have restriction, this is called 'bandster hell' this is the period of time when you will be frustrated, you may curse your band every day for not doing its job properly...this is when you need a fill. Everyone goes through this, it doesnt make it any easier for you at the time. Most people acheive there sweet spot in a 10 cc band between 6-9 cc's (this is the time when you will not need a fill for ages like me im at 7.5). You could be completley different, but you will continue to lose whilst you are waiting to get to your sweet spot. You will need to keep getting filled until you get to a maintanable fill level. For instance you may feel great restriction at 5 cc but then you will lose a stone and that restriction will go because as you lose weight your stomach shrinks as well and your you will need a fill to counteract this.

It is not an easy balancing act but it will work out in the end!

Hi Carrie

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm really looking forward to get it done now. Well done on your weight loss, how long did it take you?

Is it true I can't have diet coke? I think I'm addicted - my only vice lol.

I dont think you'll be able to drink any fizzy drinks after you've had a fill or 2 Debs, but you can loosen the top of the bottle and let it go flat lol.

You wont regret your decision babe, its life-changing.

Flat coke it is then :thumbup:

Thanks Cassie and Freckles.

ill tell you what you just dont realise that although you have not reached your target weight the difference people see in you can be quite a lot even if you dont think so yourself, i have taken inspirtion from you guys on here that have recently posted photos i went and found some old ones and some current and put them on myprofile. even though i am only half way through my journey and want to loose another 5-6 stone it has motivated me doing this, give it a bash you will be surprised.

gx

Hi Can anyone advise me please? After I am banded does Dr Chris have an aftercare service or do I need to register for one with someone else in the UK (i.e. WLS?)

Hi sorry to be a pain, can anyone help me with my question above, as I have been contacted by WLS and not sure how to move forward? Thanks for your help x

you will know pretty much right away, i was trying to be clever knowing that it relaxes after a few days but when i walked out the door i knew but thought i would get round it so i persaveered for an hour and thought no, as i would have ended up getting an emergency defill costing me £150 so i am glas i went back.

gx

Thanks Gary, do u know when they do fills in Edinburgh too? Hope all is well for you now x

Thanks Gary, do u know when they do fills in Edinburgh too? Hope all is well for you now x

he was here on thursdy so not sure when next its generally last thursday but call julie and book it she will tell you 07872963503

Hi DizzyDebs, How are you feeling now, I am still nervous and excited!! Trying to get as much info as possible on the two week pre op diet as it is exactly two weeks left to go when I get back from holiday so want to have everything in place so I dont slip up!! You are being banded 10 days before me, so wishing you well!! Have you planned your diet yet, what are you going to eat?

Hi sorry to be a pain, can anyone help me with my question above, as I have been contacted by WLS and not sure how to move forward? Thanks for your help x

Hi Dr Chris does have an aftercare service but you will pay each time you go i think its approx £100 a go, you can get fills from you local private hospital, prices vary but approx £75-£300 per fill depending on which doctor. WLS is the only one i have heard of that offers a package, there are lots of people on here who think they are great and the price seem s quite reasonable to me, bear in mind the amount of fills you will needin the first yr prob between 5-10 depending on how much they give you each time

ill tell you what you just dont realise that although you have not reached your target weight the difference people see in you can be quite a lot even if you dont think so yourself, i have taken inspirtion from you guys on here that have recently posted photos i went and found some old ones and some current and put them on myprofile. Even though i am only half way through my journey and want to loose another 5-6 stone it has motivated me doing this, give it a bash you will be surprised.

Gx

awesome!!!!!!!!